• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The End Is Near!!!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I have often wondered what happens to the people with placards that read "The World will end tomorrow" when tomorrow comes, and passes by..................:D

SoyLeche

meh...
michel said:
I have often wondered what happens to the people with placards that read "The World will end tomorrow" when tomorrow comes, and passes by..................:D
Some of them probably say that the world did end, but we didn't notice.

may

ChrisP said:
Already has been. Even the darkest corners of New Guinea have seen missionaries. And that's about as far from "civilisation" as you'll get.
but have they given them the good news that Gods kingdom goverment will get rid of manmade goverments and bring peace to the earth. that is good news indeed.
And in the days of those kings(manmade goverments) the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms,(manmade goverments) and it itself will stand to times indefinite ( daniel 2;44) yes and Jesus himself is the king of this kingdom, and it is now established in the heavens waiting to take action . so Jesus has given true christians a great work to do , and it is being done in all lands and islands of the earth

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come...matthew 24;14 out with the old in with the new

Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first mark 13;10
bring it on
Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth matthew 6;10 thats the goodnews we need to hear and people will , and are , and have heard it, but the question is do they want it? Gods kingdom is now established in the heavens since 1914 and it is ready to go into action.

may

The anti-christ has been around for ages and ages, seems only true christians know who it is

Antichrist​

Definition: Antichrist means against or instead of Christ. The term applies to all who deny what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, all who oppose his Kingdom, and all who mistreat his followers. It also includes individuals, organizations, and nations that falsely claim to represent Christ or that improperly ascribe to themselves the role of Messiah. so there we have it ,all who oppose his kingdom ,now i wonder who that could be,

1 John 2:18: "Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour

(Notice that the "many antichrists" of 1 John 2:18 are here referred to collectively as "the antichrist.")

1 John 4:3: "Every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired expression which you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world." (That was written near the end of the first century C.E.)

1 John 2:22: "This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 2:18, 19: "There have come to be many antichrists . . . They went out from us, but they were not of our sort

Individuals​
and nations that oppose Christ as King or that themselves falsely claim the Messianic role

Ps. 2:2: "The kings of earth take their stand and high officials themselves have massed together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one [Christ, or Messiah]." yes the anti-christ is around and active and has been for centuries,
1 John 2:18: "Even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour." (By "last hour" John evidently meant the end of the apostolic period. The other apostles had died, and John himself was very old.

THE ANTI- CHRIST IS HERE ALREADY

FFH

Veteran Member
Luke Wolf said:
Sadly, I have lost count of how many time I have reminded some Christians of this verse when they start preaching this is the end of times. That it shall be unexpected, like a thief in the night.
What you and many other Christians don't read is the other part of that scripture which says, that day, (Second Coming of Christ) will come as a thief in the night, to the wicked. The righteous, or those who are alive in Christ, when He comes, will be watching and praying for that day to come, and will know the times and seasons of this day, and SOME will know, down to the approximate week, when this will occur, as the event draws nearer. Those that are watching and praying for it will know the approximate time. We may not know the "day or the hour" but some will know the year, month and the approximate week. "The day and the hour no man knoweth", but the year, month and the approximate week can be studied, by examining the Bible, and it's very specific clues. We have so many things to aid us in deciphering these clues. There is nothing wrong with trying to decipher these clues, God wants us to do this. He wants the righteous to be ready. This day WILL NOT overtake the righteous as a thief in the night, but it will definitely overtake the wicked as a thief in the night. It gives those righteous followers of Christ, who are waiting for it, hope and joy, when faced with a world that seems to be spinning out of control.

Careful because that day will overtake you as a thief in the night, if you are not watching and praying. Christians are not fools in trying to put an approximate time on this. This shows that they are ready, and waiting, and anxious for this day to come. The rest of you could care less, and will not be ready.

FFH

Veteran Member
searcher63 said:
There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that the end of this system of things is VERY CLOSE AT HAND!!!! Bible prophecy outlined in MATHEW, DANIEL, and REVELATION ALL POINT TO IT!!!
Mathew talks about signs that we are living in the LAST DAYS: " ThERE WILL BE EARTHQUAKES IN ONE PLACE AFTER ANOTHER, PESTILENCE, FAMINE, ETC." We see these on an unprecidented scale these last few years!!!!
The Bible also speaks about the attitude of people in the last days:" Men will be lovers odf MONEY, rather than lovers of GOD, Children will have no natural affection towards parents, Men and Women will be lovers of Pleasure rather than lovers of GOD."
ALSO: " Men will be faint out of fear of the things coming upon the Earth, not Knowing the way out."
DO these scriptures not acurately describe the attitudes and condition of the current system of things????
And for those that say:" throughout history there have always been these things!" You will be interested to note that you comment fulfulls bible prophecy!
".... Where is this promised presence of his (JESUS) ? Why since the day our forefathers fell asleep in death all things are continuing exactly as from creations beginning!" 2 PETER 3:4.
Excellent post !!! So concise and to the point. These truely are the last days, months and years. We are in the "last days". Jesus Christ will be coming soon to take us off this planet while the wicked destroy each other and/or are destroyed.

You can have my stuff, I won't be needing it anymore, when I'm gone.

FFH

Veteran Member
The Grey Wolf said:
My freinds, know one thing. The bible does not say that the anti-christ will be a bad guy (or gal). In fact "The Omen" couldent be further from the truth. The anti-christ will be good. He will be good for the world and the people. His comeing will be a time of peace and a time of plenty. In other words I think he will be the one to stop the war in the middle east. The only thing that this man/woman will be that isnt "kosher" is h/she will not be christian.
If you happen to be one of the billions that are left behind during the anti-Christ's reign, then do not fall for this garbage. He will not have your best interest at heart. Only the true Messiah, Jesus Christ has your best interest at heart. Christ will stop ALL wars. All wars and wickedness will cease. I believe there will be another chance for people that are "left behind" when Christ comes for his church. The parable of the "ten virgins" is a picture of the church. Half will be ready when Christ comes, the first time, for his church. The other half will not be ready. They will be more interested in the world and the things of this world. They will have to experience the wrath or terror of the aniti-Christ's reign. Sorry not gonna fall for that one Grey Wolf. I'm outta here, before things get really bad. You can have your anti-Christ, he won't save you or anyone else, but will only bring destruction upon the world. Chaos will unfuld under his rule. Jesus will continue to save many during this time, while the rest of us fight against him in the spirit world. Satan will be bound for a thousand years along with all of his followers.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I believe we are perhaps living within the much bally-hoo'd "end times", however, that end is not what it seems. I would advise folks not to form too many preconceptions, lest they miss it when it hits. I see a revolution in thought coming, not some ticked off unimaginative God having a bad day.

FFH said:
Excellent post !!! So concise and to the point. These truely are the last days, months and years. We are in the "last days". Jesus Christ will be coming soon to take us off this planet while the wicked destroy each other and/or are destroyed.

You can have my stuff, I won't be needing it anymore, when I'm gone.
Another point to note:
Jesus said:" Just as in the days of Noah....So the presence of the son of man will be..Men eating and drinking, women marrying and being given in marriage...AND THEY TOOK NO NOTE...UNTIL THE FLOOD CAME AND SWEPT THEM ALL AWAY!"
The apathy on so many peoples part today toward all things spiritual is a parrallel to Noahs day!

Reactions: FFH

FFH

Veteran Member
may said:
THE ANTI- CHRIST IS HERE ALREADY
Yes it is true there have been many anti-Christs throughout history, but THE anti-Christ of Revelation has yet to make his official appearance. Saddam Hussein was an anti-Christ and his rule was a type things that are yet to come, but much worse. Indeed Saddam Hussein was AN anti-Christ type figure, as was Hitler and many others, but the final anti-Christ has yet to make his appearance. He will have a 7 year reign. I think he will make his appearance and come onto the seen very soon. This could be days, weeks or years, no one is sure. But SOME of us will recognize him when he makes his appearance and we will know that there is little time left. Many believe that half way through his 7 year reign there will be what is called the "rapture" or "catching away" of Christ's church. This is the "marriage supper of the Lamb", when the "Bride of Christ" shall meet him in the air and we will sit down with the Lord in heaven and partake of his goodness. Then the Lord, and his saints, will make war with the remaining world.

Revelation 19: 7-21

7- Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8- And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9- And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

10- And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of they brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11- And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12- His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns, and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13- And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14- And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

In verse 14 these are the saints who were "caught up" or "raptured" mid way or just prior to the anti-Christ's reign, there is a lot of controversy as to when this, catching away or rapture or second coming of Christ will happen. Whether it is before or mid way throught the anti-Christ's reign is up for debate, in many Christian communities. Either before the anti-Christ's 7 year reign or 3 1/2 years into it. This is up for debate. These saints in verse 14 make war against the anti-Christ and all of his followers. We will not be physically hear during this final war or Armageddon, but will fight from heaven with Christ.

15- And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of irion: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16- And he hath on his vesture and on his high a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17- And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God,

18- That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19- And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

The person that sits on the white horse is Christ and the army are His saints that were caught up or raptured at the Second Coming of Christ as stated before.

20- And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The beast in verse 20 is Satan and the false prophet is the final anti-Christ which I have spoken of earlier.

21- And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

may

FFH said:
Yes it is true there have been many anti-Christs throughout history, but THE anti-Christ of Revelation has yet to make his official appearance. Saddam Hussein was an anti-Christ and his rule was a type things that are yet to come, but much worse. Indeed Saddam Hussein was AN anti-Christ type figure, as was Hitler and many others, but the final anti-Christ has yet to make his appearance. He will have a 7 year reign. I think he will make his appearance and come onto the seen very soon. This could be days, weeks or years, no one is sure. But SOME of us will recognize him when he makes his appearance and we will know that there is little time left. Many believe that half way through his 7 year reign there will be what is called the "rapture" or "catching away" of Christ's church. This is the "marriage supper of the Lamb", when the "Bride of Christ" shall meet him in the air and we will sit down with the Lord in heaven and partake of his goodness. Then the Lord, and his saints, will make war with the remaining world.

Revelation 19: 7-21

7- Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8- And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9- And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

10- And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of they brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11- And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12- His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns, and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13- And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14- And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

In verse 14 these are the saints who were "caught up" or "raptured" mid way or just prior to the anti-Christ's reign, there is a lot of controversy as to when this, catching away or rapture or second coming of Christ will happen. Whether it is before or mid way throught the anti-Christ's reign is up for debate, in many Christian communities. Either before the anti-Christ's 7 year reign or 3 1/2 years into it. This is up for debate. These saints in verse 14 make war against the anti-Christ and all of his followers. We will not be physically hear during this final war or Armageddon, but will fight from heaven with Christ.

15- And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of irion: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16- And he hath on his vesture and on his high a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17- And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God,

18- That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19- And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

The person that sits on the white horse is Christ and the army are His saints that were caught up or raptured at the Second Coming of Christ as stated before.

20- And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The beast in verse 20 is Satan and the false prophet is the final anti-Christ which I have spoken of earlier.

21- And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
Vision 13—Revelation 19:11–21

Subject: Jesus leads the armies of heaven to destroy Satan’s system of things​

Time of fulfillment: After the destruction of Babylon the Great( babylon the great is the world empire of false religion)

benjosh

FFH said:
If you happen to be one of the billions that are left behind during the anti-Christ's reign, then do not fall for this garbage. Sorry not gonna fall for that one Grey Wolf. I'm outta here, before things get really bad. You can have your anti-Christ, he won't save you or anyone else, but will only bring destruction upon the world. Chaos will unfuld under his rule. Jesus will continue to save many during this time, while the rest of us fight against him in the spirit world. Satan will be bound for a thousand years along with all of his followers.

FFH what you are saying above is not LDS last days doctrine.

What gives?

BenJosh

FFH

Veteran Member
benjosh said:
FFH what you are saying above is not LDS last days doctrine.

What gives?
I have heard many viewpoints on this subject. What I have posted is all Biblically sound. It's all there as plain as day once you recognize and understand it. Revelation is really not that hard to understand. Especially now when everything is unfolding right before our eyes. The Gulf War, the fall of Babylon or Iraq, etc. So much of Revelation is happening right before our eyes. The appearance of the final anti-Christ is the next major thing to come onto the seen. The stage is set. We will just have to wait and see what happens. He may not make his appearance for a few more years. Probably not until 2008 is my personal opinion on this. But it could be this year, who knows.

WeAreAllOne

How are you going to know who "he" is? I really don't think our world is in the place to support a Hitler type figure right now. (not with George Bush in office anyway :rolleyes: ) he must have alot of work to do.. :computer: I also have a real problem with the idea Jesus is going to lead an army...:162: <--- pssshhh... come on....:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
WeAreAllOne said:
How are you going to know who "he" is? I really don't think our world is in the place to support a Hitler type figure right now. (not with George Bush in office anyway :rolleyes: ) he must have alot of work to do.. :computer: I also have a real problem with the idea Jesus is going to lead an army...:162: <--- pssshhh... come on....:)
I was just going to ask FFH the same question;
Yes it is true there have been many anti-Christs throughout history, but THE anti-Christ of Revelation has yet to make his official appearance. Saddam Hussein was an anti-Christ and his rule was a type things that are yet to come, but much worse. Indeed Saddam Hussein was AN anti-Christ type figure, as was Hitler and many others, but the final anti-Christ has yet to make his appearance. He will have a 7 year reign. I think he will make his appearance and come onto the seen very soon. This could be days, weeks or years, no one is sure. But SOME of us will recognize him when he makes his appearance and we will know that there is little time left. Many believe that half way through his 7 year reign there will be what is called the "rapture" or "catching away" of Christ's church.
So how do you know that one of the ones we have already seen in history is not 'THE' one ?

WeAreAllOne

michel, I have a question for you, as someone who has I’m assuming has studied the true nature of Jesus from a non Christian perspective, how do you feel about his involvement in this or the likelihood of his involvement?

The Grey Wolf

ehT daM s'doG daM goD
Well, frankly, I think youve all gone off the deep end. The vibe Im getting is that Jesus is coming with an army and essentially going to slaughter every body who refuses to worship he and his father. Well that just doesent fly with me. If the real God is really like this then I shall gladly fly the flag of the opposeing army, win or lose. There are plenty of people on this planet, good, respectful, kind, loveing, and honorable people who deserve a heven, and if the real god exists and cant see and under stand that, then he doesent deserve any bodies worship. If I go to hell for what I just wrote, then fine, but I will never take back what I have stated here tonight and I will never worship a god who punishes good people.