• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The End is near...or is it?

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Of course a person that reads, gets up to read.
Why would a person not being able to read get up to read?
One does not have to have 'letters' after their name in order to read.
Visit any grade school and one can find those that read without having 'letters'.

Man, you sure are confusing at times.

Christ was a Rabbi. Therefor he could read and write.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
On another forum that I frequent(non-religious) there was a discussion going on about the current events in the middle east,particularily regarding Israel. Anyway,quite a few of the posters believe this is end times prophecy manifesting itself. My question is this-Do the current events really correspond with end times prophecy as laid out in the Bible? I don't really care if you believe it's true or not, but if you have a good knowledge of the Bible and it's end times prophecy I'd like to hear from you.
As far as I can see, Christians since the time of Christ have believed that the end is near. Is there any reason to think that the current events are more indicative of end times than any other time in history? It's been a while since I read the Bible,but from what I recall there are still many things left undone for the prophecies to be considered fulfilled. I think sometimes people see doom and gloom around them and think it's unprecedented and must therefore indicate some sort of impending apocalypse,but so far I'm not convinced.

Qiyamah (last day) will come when...

Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (R.A.) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said, "the last day will come...

• When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.
  • When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
  • When it will be hot in winter.
  • When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
  • When orators and lecturers lie openly.
  • When people dispute over petty issues.
  • When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
  • When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
  • When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
  • When lies prevail over the truth.
  • When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
  • When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
  • When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.
  • When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents).

The following is part of a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood (R.A.) when he inquired from Muhammad (pbuh) about the Signs of the last day.

• Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.
  • People will indulge in homosexuality.
  • There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
  • There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
  • People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.
  • Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
  • The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.
  • The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.
  • Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
  • Various wines will be consumed excessively.

Auf bin Malik (R.A.) says: I came to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), while he was in his skin tent during the Tabuk expedition. He said to me, "Count six things before the advent of Qiyamah(last day):

1 My death
2 The conquest of Jerusalem
3 Mass deaths amongst you people, just as when sheep die in large numbers during an epidemic
4 Abundance of wealth to such an extent that if a person were to be given a hundred Dinars he will still not be satisfied
5 General anarchy and bloodshed, that no Arab household will be spared from it
6 Then a life of peace as a result of a peace agreement between you and the Banil Asfaar
(Romans) which they will break and attack you with a force consisting of eighty flags and under each flag will be an army of twelve thousand men." (Hadith: Sahih Bukhari).

IRAQ and SYRIA

Abu Nadhrah says: "We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah (R.A.) when he said: 'Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'" We asked, "Why would such a thing happen?" He replied, "Because of the non-Arabs." (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of "sanctions" to this day.) He then said: "Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor grain." We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: "Because of the Romans (christians)."

CONCEITED PEOPLE:

Hadhrat Abbas (R.A) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has said, "Islam will spread far and wide, across the seas. Horses will cross the land and seas in the cause of Jihaad. Then a time will come wherein a group of people will emerge which recites the Quraan. They will claim,

'We have recited the Quraan and is there anyone who understands the Quraan better than us? There is NO ONE more proficient than us in the study of the Quraan.'

Then Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) asked the Sahaba, "Do you see any good in their claims?" The Sahaba replied, "No". Muhammad (pbuh) said, "But these conceited claimants will be from my Ummah (Ummah mean : believers/nation) and will be the fuel of the Fire."

xxclaro

Qiyamah (last day) will come when...

Hadhrat Abu Musa Ash'ari (R.A.) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said, "the last day will come...

• When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.
  • When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
  • When it will be hot in winter.
  • When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
  • When orators and lecturers lie openly.
  • When people dispute over petty issues.
  • When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
  • When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
  • When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
  • When lies prevail over the truth.
  • When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
  • When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
  • When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.
  • When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents).

The following is part of a lengthy Hadith narrated by Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood (R.A.) when he inquired from Muhammad (pbuh) about the Signs of the last day.

• Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.
  • People will indulge in homosexuality.
  • There will be an abundance of illegitimate children.
  • There will be an abundance of critics, tale-carriers, back- biters and taunters in society.
  • People will establish ties with strangers and sever relations with their near and dear ones.
  • Hypocrites will be in control of the affairs of the community and evil, immoral people will be at the helm of business establishments.
  • The Masjid will be decorated, but the hearts of the people will be devoid of guidance.
  • The courtyards of Masjids will be built beautifully and high mimbars (pulpits) will be erected.
  • Gangsters and evil people will prevail.
  • Various wines will be consumed excessively.

Auf bin Malik (R.A.) says: I came to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), while he was in his skin tent during the Tabuk expedition. He said to me, "Count six things before the advent of Qiyamah(last day):

1 My death
2 The conquest of Jerusalem
3 Mass deaths amongst you people, just as when sheep die in large numbers during an epidemic
4 Abundance of wealth to such an extent that if a person were to be given a hundred Dinars he will still not be satisfied
5 General anarchy and bloodshed, that no Arab household will be spared from it
6 Then a life of peace as a result of a peace agreement between you and the Banil Asfaar
(Romans) which they will break and attack you with a force consisting of eighty flags and under each flag will be an army of twelve thousand men." (Hadith: Sahih Bukhari).

IRAQ and SYRIA

Abu Nadhrah says: "We were sitting in the company of Jabir bin Abdullah (R.A.) when he said: 'Soon the people of IRAQ will neither receive any food (grain) nor any money.'" We asked, "Why would such a thing happen?" He replied, "Because of the non-Arabs." (i.e they will prevent food from going into Iraq, in the form of "sanctions" to this day.) He then said: "Soon the people of Shaam (SYRIA) will neither receive any money nor grain." We asked as to why this would happen. He replied: "Because of the Romans (christians)."

CONCEITED PEOPLE:

Hadhrat Abbas (R.A) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has said, "Islam will spread far and wide, across the seas. Horses will cross the land and seas in the cause of Jihaad. Then a time will come wherein a group of people will emerge which recites the Quraan. They will claim,

'We have recited the Quraan and is there anyone who understands the Quraan better than us? There is NO ONE more proficient than us in the study of the Quraan.'

Then Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) asked the Sahaba, "Do you see any good in their claims?" The Sahaba replied, "No". Muhammad (pbuh) said, "But these conceited claimants will be from my Ummah (Ummah mean : believers/nation) and will be the fuel of the Fire."

So,basically what the bible says just even more vague? Sure, there is some extra stuff tossed in, all of it equally vague and unremarkable. Ah well, guess we'll jsut have to wait longer....

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Man, you sure are confusing at times.
Christ was a Rabbi. Therefor he could read and write.

Jesus was a carpenter.

'Rabbi' referring to Jesus is not that he went to Rabbinical school but Jesus as teacher or master of his followers and not as a religious leader in the synagogue as were the Pharisees.

The people at Matthew 13v55 & Mark 6v3 recognized Jesus as the carpenter's son and Jesus also as being a carpenter.

javajo

Jesus said Jerusalem would be trodden under foot of the gentiles until the time of the gentiles was no more. This seems to have come true in 1967 when Israel was attacked and won and took back Jerusalem. Now all his other prophecies may come into play as in the earthquakes, famines, pestilences, etc. which we have always had, but were a mute point until Israel became a nation again in '48 and Jerusalem was retaken in '67. Now as we see these things grow steadily worse, as the 'birth pangs' of a woman in labor, we may say the end is growing near. For Jesus said we do not know the day nor hour, but we can know the season. He said its like when the fig leaf blossoms we know summer is near, and when we see these things happen his return is near, even at the door. The fig tree has been symbolic of Israel so the Rapture, Tribulation, and 2nd Coming may be very near.

gzusfrk

Christian
Do ya think our society will ever get to a point, say in a few hundred or thousand years, that know one will think of Jesus, a day when no one is saved ,no one remembers, on that day no one will be looking.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus said Jerusalem would be trodden under foot of the gentiles until the time of the gentiles was no more. This seems to have come true in 1967 when Israel was attacked and won and took back Jerusalem. Now all his other prophecies may come into play as in the earthquakes, famines, pestilences, etc. which we have always had, but were a mute point until Israel became a nation again in '48 and Jerusalem was retaken in '67. Now as we see these things grow steadily worse, as the 'birth pangs' of a woman in labor, we may say the end is growing near. For Jesus said we do not know the day nor hour, but we can know the season. He said its like when the fig leaf blossoms we know summer is near, and when we see these things happen his return is near, even at the door. The fig tree has been symbolic of Israel so the Rapture, Tribulation, and 2nd Coming may be very near.

Since Pentecost or 33 the Israel of God became spiritual Israel or Christian.
Fleshly Israel today exists as a national state not a Christian one.
1st Peter 2v9

Rapture is resurrection. Flesh and blood can Not inherit God's kingdom.
-1Cor 15v50. No living person leaves this planet for heaven.
Jesus was caught away in the clouds 'after' he was resurrected.
So those 'brothers' [Matt 25v40] that are still alive at the time of separation [Matt 25v32,40] will 'then' like Jesus be caught up [1Thess 4v17] in the clouds of invisibility at their resurrection.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Jesus was a carpenter.

'Rabbi' referring to Jesus is not that he went to Rabbinical school but Jesus as teacher or master of his followers and not as a religious leader in the synagogue as were the Pharisees.

The people at Matthew 13v55 & Mark 6v3 recognized Jesus as the carpenter's son and Jesus also as being a carpenter.

Interesting that you should mention Mark 6, as the FIRST verse notes your Christ figure teahcing in a synagogue.

javajo

The Rapture

Brothers and sisters, we want you to know what happens to those who die. We don't want you to be sad, as other people are. They don't have any hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again. When he returns, many who believe in him will have died already. We believe that God will bring them back with Jesus. That agrees with what the Lord has said. When the Lord comes, many of us will still be alive. We tell you that we will certainly not go up before those who have died. The Lord himself will come down from heaven. We will hear a loud command. We will hear the voice of the leader of the angels. We will hear a blast from God's trumpet. Many who believe in Christ will have died already. They will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them. We will be taken up in the clouds. We will meet the Lord in the air. And we will be with him forever. So cheer each other up with these words of comfort.1 Thess 4:14-18

Tribulation

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. Matt 24:21
And he (the antichrist) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week(7 years): and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Dan 9:27

The 2nd Coming

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.Matt 24:29-30
And his (jesus') feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.Zech 14:4

Gauss

As far as I can see, Christians since the time of Christ have believed that the end is near. Is there any reason to think that the current events are more indicative of end times than any other time in history? It's been a while since I read the Bible,but from what I recall there are still many things left undone for the prophecies to be considered fulfilled. I think sometimes people see doom and gloom around them and think it's unprecedented and must therefore indicate some sort of impending apocalypse,but so far I'm not convinced.

Well, did people ever be so atheistic, comfort seeking, gayish, drug-addicted and evil?

No they never did. If you believe in a Lord you can easily see the last 50 years ride downhill towards the end of the world as we know it. Any person familiar with history can see the dramatic change during the last 50 years in mankind´s moral.

I add some prophecies and a book tip here:

Udumbara flower prophecy - Holy King of the Wheel is here..., page 1

Korean end times prophecy - Falun Gong..., page 1

Emmanuel Swedenborg - a great prophet gives us full details on judgment day..., page 1

Essentials for Further Advancement II

I advice you to read this book Zhuan Falun:

Download Falun Dafa Falun Gong books and articles: books

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Well, did people ever be so atheistic, comfort seeking, gayish, drug-addicted and evil?

No they never did. If you believe in a Lord you can easily see the last 50 years ride downhill towards the end of the world as we know it. Any person familiar with history can see the dramatic change during the last 50 years in mankind´s moral.

I add some prophecies and a book tip here:

Udumbara flower prophecy - Holy King of the Wheel is here..., page 1

Korean end times prophecy - Falun Gong..., page 1

Emmanuel Swedenborg - a great prophet gives us full details on judgment day..., page 1

Essentials for Further Advancement II

I advice you to read this book Zhuan Falun:

Download Falun Dafa Falun Gong books and articles: books

Firstly, there is no decline in "morality". People act today as they have for millenia.

Secondly, granted I merely skimmed through your link, but I see nothing other than the usual extremely vague wording and stretches of the imagination that pervade all "prophesies".

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
The Rapture

Brothers and sisters, we want you to know what happens to those who die. We don't want you to be sad, as other people are. They don't have any hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again. When he returns, many who believe in him will have died already. We believe that God will bring them back with Jesus. That agrees with what the Lord has said. When the Lord comes, many of us will still be alive. We tell you that we will certainly not go up before those who have died. The Lord himself will come down from heaven. We will hear a loud command. We will hear the voice of the leader of the angels. We will hear a blast from God's trumpet. Many who believe in Christ will have died already. They will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them. We will be taken up in the clouds. We will meet the Lord in the air. And we will be with him forever. So cheer each other up with these words of comfort.1 Thess 4:14-18

Tribulation

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. Matt 24:21
And he (the antichrist) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week(7 years): and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Dan 9:27

The 2nd Coming

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.Matt 24:29-30
And his (jesus') feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.Zech 14:4

Colouring your comments in crayon doesn't change the fact that we've all heard the "message" before. You bring nothing new to the table.

BTW, the moon doesn;t "give her light". The moon isn't a light source, it is reflected light. Nor can the "stars fall from the heavens", unless, fo course, one holds to the biblical flat earth ideology.

javajo

Colouring your comments in crayon doesn't change the fact that we've all heard the "message" before. You bring nothing new to the table.

BTW, the moon doesn;t "give her light". The moon isn't a light source, it is reflected light. Nor can the "stars fall from the heavens", unless, fo course, one holds to the biblical flat earth ideology.
Excuse me, but I was responding to a post by uravip2me that was commenting on a post I made about my beliefs on end time things. The comments are not mine, they are Bible verses I believe represent the 3 topics I was representing, thus they are in color as I usually do that so people know it is not my words, along with the book, chapter and verse(s). As for the moon giving her light, we know that it is reflected, but if the moon weren't there the night would not be lit. Stars falling from heaven is symbolic as well, I imagine that it would appear from earth to the inhabitants thereof that they could no longer be seen. I don't believe the Bible teaches a flat earth, the four corners being symbolic as well. In Isaiah it says God sits above the circle of the earth and the hebrew word can also mean sphere...None of this has anything to do with what we are talking about on this thread, and I doubt I will answer such posts again.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Excuse me, but I was responding to a post by uravip2me that was commenting on a post I made about my beliefs on end time things. The comments are not mine, they are Bible verses I believe represent the 3 topics I was representing, thus they are in color as I usually do that so people know it is not my words, along with the book, chapter and verse(s). As for the moon giving her light, we know that it is reflected, but if the moon weren't there the night would not be lit. Stars falling from heaven is symbolic as well, I imagine that it would appear from earth to the inhabitants thereof that they could no longer be seen. I don't believe the Bible teaches a flat earth, the four corners being symbolic as well. In Isaiah it says God sits above the circle of the earth and the hebrew word can also mean sphere...None of this has anything to do with what we are talking about on this thread, and I doubt I will answer such posts again.

Thanks for clarifying. However...

The writers of the bible had no idea of cosmoto;ogy. They would not ahve known that the light of the moon is reflected sunlight. They saw the moon as merely another lit object in the sky.

Secondly, the earth is described as a disk a few times, and there are a few verses mentioning "looking at all fo creation" from the tops of mountinas and tall trees. One cannot do that with a globe. BTW, a circle is a two dimensional shape.

The universe was also seen as a sphere,a roof, over the planet. Falling stars would have been literal in the writers minds.

The Flat-Earth Bible.

javajo

Thanks for clarifying. However...

The writers of the bible had no idea of cosmoto;ogy. They would not ahve known that the light of the moon is reflected sunlight. They saw the moon as merely another lit object in the sky.

Secondly, the earth is described as a disk a few times, and there are a few verses mentioning "looking at all fo creation" from the tops of mountinas and tall trees. One cannot do that with a globe. BTW, a circle is a two dimensional shape.

The universe was also seen as a sphere,a roof, over the planet. Falling stars would have been literal in the writers minds.

The Flat-Earth Bible.
I agree the writers described what they saw, but I think they did it by inspiration of the Holy Ghost. John described things in Revelation which is about end times. I imagine trying to describe a tank, attack helicopter, or nuclear war would be pretty difficult. They used the language of their day to describe what God was revealing to them. I don't think one could look at all creation even if the earth were flat (which I don't believe its flat, of course). There are many scholarly theologians who have written about how to understand and rightly interpret the Bible and what all these things may mean. I enjoy studying it, of course I believe its God's Word and I know many do not, so we may have nothing really in common to discuss.