• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The End is near...or is it?

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Yes religious waters, so to speak, are dying up. Haven't the world's religions already also gone awry? The world's religions will not collapse upon itself.
It is God that will use the political/military world as his 'ax' to bring the world's religions that have run awry playing false to him to an end.

Often the political world and the religious world share the same bed.
Once the political world sees no more use to the clergy using a political agenda, then the world's political 'kings' will turn on the world's false religious sector or religious 'queen'. -Rev 17v2; 18v7.

It is not the planet earth that needs to be gotten off, but rather all the wicked need to be removed off earth. Science can not accomplish that.

Your reply ignores a few facts.

1. At no time in the Earth's history has all three Abrahamics held half of the world's populations in thrall, despite the best imperial expansionist and forced conversion attempts by Christian Empires.

2. The Abrahamic religions are the youngest on the planet, especially the younger two and those that came after. Many religions are far, far older by many millenia.

3. The Abrahamics are failing in the Western World. The only thing keeping the Abrahamics steady at this point in global population percentages are advances made in under-educated and still highly superstitious third world countries, a source doomed to dry up, or in the case of Islam producing large families.

4. Certainly religion and government are "often" mixed together. Such a government was one our Founding Fathers shed blood and spent lives to separate themselves from. Another example of this atrocity was found in Afghanistan before we toppled the Taliban regime. Trust me neighbor, neither Abrahamic religion has any business being a government.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Often the political world and the religious world share the same bed.

thanks to the roman empire

It is not the planet earth that needs to be gotten off, but rather all the wicked need to be removed off earth. Science can not accomplish that.

who are the wicked exactly?
and why should you be so concerned, worry about yourself by how you represent your god through faith...
seems you're more concerned with the details of the meaning and haven't stepped back to actually see the message.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
non-Christians. :D

Aren't those of Matthew 7v21-23 just claiming to be Christian?
So if you mean 'Christian-in-name-only' as really being non, or not, Christian then yes.

Jesus, as the fine shepherd, has as a basis for judging according to Matthew 25v40, as to who he considers to be sheep-like ones.
That judgment call is not for us to make.
Christians, besides keeping Bible standards, are to be telling others the same good news of God's kingdom as Jesus did.
Matthew 24v14;Luke4v43.

Jesus is making sure all will have the opportunity to hear before the time of Matthew 25v31.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
who are the wicked exactly?
and why should you be so concerned, worry about yourself by how you represent your god through faith...
seems you're more concerned with the details of the meaning and haven't stepped back to actually see the message.

What message do you have in mind?

Wasn't Ezekiel concerned about all? ____[3vs18-21]
Please notice Ezekiel went to warn both the wicked and righteous ones.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Trust me neighbor, neither Abrahamic religion has any business being a government.

Where did Jesus ever teach that earthly Abrahamic religions have business being a government? Jesus is the crowned king of God's kingdom which is separate from men's kingdoms or governments.

According to Daniel [2vs34,35,457vs13,14] God's kingdom or royal government is in the hands of Christ Jesus and described as a 'stone' that becomes a 'great mountain'. What God's governmental 'stone' will do is described at verse 44 B that it will break apart and consume all other kingdoms.
-Isaiah 11v4; Rev 19 vs11,14,15.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Science is proactive and tries to find solutions to problems whereas belief in a God that will come down and make everything all better is just wishful thinking in my opinion. Besides, the Christian idea of God (for example) is especially wicked... Like Gene Roddenberry said..."creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes..." And after all that the Christian god has the wonderful idea to decimate almost all life on the planet in a massive flood. That is not my idea of proactive. Being "all powerful", you'ld think God would have done something before things got so outta hand. Yeah, science makes it's share of mistakes.....God makes bigger mistakes. Don't take it personally though, I'm just not a God-believer.

The clergy idea of God is not the idea Jesus presented to us.

How is the 'Golden Rule' God making a bigger mistake?
If all on earth lived by the 'Golden Rule' what would the world be like today?

Jesus said he gave a new commandment to love others as he loved us.
[John 13v34,35] . What big mistake did Jesus make in loving us?
What big mistake is there in Jesus Sermon on the Mount?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
The clergy idea of God is not the idea Jesus presented to us.

How is the 'Golden Rule' God making a bigger mistake?
If all on earth lived by the 'Golden Rule' what would the world be like today?

Jesus said he gave a new commandment to love others as he loved us.
[John 13v34,35] . What big mistake did Jesus make in loving us?
What big mistake is there in Jesus Sermon on the Mount?

Did the Golden Rule go something like this?....

[youtube]HWv72L4wgCc[/youtube]
YouTube - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Did the Golden Rule go something like this?....

How did Jesus and his apostles celebrate birthdays? They didn't.

Isn't Santa the god of Christmas and not Jesus?

If you compare the so-called Christmas story next to the gospel accounts you will see they do not match. The un-numbered 'wise guys' were not even at the manger. The so-called star of Bethlehem led those astrologers first to Jerusalem to Jesus enemies, not Bethlehem.

Under another name Christmas was an already existing pagan festival before 1st-century Christianity, and after the first century ended Christian names or labels were pasted on to the pagan celebration and just called Christian even though originally it had nothing to do with Christ or his teachings.

What qualities would it take to live by the Golden Rule?
If all followed GR would a forced exchanging of purchases be included?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
How did Jesus and his apostles celebrate birthdays? They didn't.

Isn't Santa the god of Christmas and not Jesus?

If you compare the so-called Christmas story next to the gospel accounts you will see they do not match. The un-numbered 'wise guys' were not even at the manger. The so-called star of Bethlehem led those astrologers first to Jerusalem to Jesus enemies, not Bethlehem.

Under another name Christmas was an already existing pagan festival before 1st-century Christianity, and after the first century ended Christian names or labels were pasted on to the pagan celebration and just called Christian even though originally it had nothing to do with Christ or his teachings.

What qualities would it take to live by the Golden Rule?
If all followed GR would a forced exchanging of purchases be included?

Sorry, I just don't believe in God so to me it's all about as make-believe as Santa Claus and his elves. But that's just my opinion so please do not take offence by it. I used to do the whole church thing and reading the bible and so forth. I used to be a Christian in fact, but I found that the more and more I actually really thought about it, the more and more ridiculous the notion of an all-powerful, all-knowing God just seemed to me.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Sorry, I just don't believe in God so to me it's all about as make-believe as Santa Claus and his elves. But that's just my opinion so please do not take offence by it. I used to do the whole church thing and reading the bible and so forth. I used to be a Christian in fact, but I found that the more and more I actually really thought about it, the more and more ridiculous the notion of an all-powerful, all-knowing God just seemed to me.

No offense taken.

Isn't all powerful [Almighty] and all knowing showing intelligence?
Don't you find intelligence in creation?
Intelligence usually indicates a brain and with an intelligent brain a person.

Antony Flew concluded that DNA research shows by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce life, that intelligence must have been involved.

Like Flew do you think there are evils so abundant in the world that simply can not just be the consequence of human sins?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
No offense taken.

Isn't all powerful [Almighty] and all knowing showing intelligence?
Don't you find intelligence in creation?
Intelligence usually indicates a brain and with an intelligent brain a person.

Antony Flew concluded that DNA research shows by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce life, that intelligence must have been involved.

Like Flew do you think there are evils so abundant in the world that simply can not just be the consequence of human sins?

I have a hard time believing that all-powerful and all-knowing are even possible. Also, I don't believe in creation. I believe that everything that exists is energy in one form or another. Energy can neither be created, nor destroyed, only change form. Therefore, that which we call "life" is merely energy that changed form over time and was not "created" by some intelligence. That's how I see it anyways.

Oh, and thank you for not taking offence.:)

Last edited:

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Aren't those of Matthew 7v21-23 just claiming to be Christian?
So if you mean 'Christian-in-name-only' as really being non, or not, Christian then yes.

Jesus, as the fine shepherd, has as a basis for judging according to Matthew 25v40, as to who he considers to be sheep-like ones.
That judgment call is not for us to make.
Christians, besides keeping Bible standards, are to be telling others the same good news of God's kingdom as Jesus did.
Matthew 24v14;Luke4v43.

Jesus is making sure all will have the opportunity to hear before the time of Matthew 25v31.

Again, the only criteria for being a Christian is an active belief in, and worship of, Jesus Christ.

There is no such thing as a "Christian-in-name-only".

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Where did Jesus ever teach that earthly Abrahamic religions have business being a government? Jesus is the crowned king of God's kingdom which is separate from men's kingdoms or governments.

According to Daniel [2vs34,35,457vs13,14] God's kingdom or royal government is in the hands of Christ Jesus and described as a 'stone' that becomes a 'great mountain'. What God's governmental 'stone' will do is described at verse 44 B that it will break apart and consume all other kingdoms.
-Isaiah 11v4; Rev 19 vs11,14,15.

Theocracy breeds nothing but hatred, oppression, and death.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
who are the wicked?

Satan the Devil opposed God's righteous standard of right and wrong and became known as wicked. Matthew [13v38] mentions weed-like people as 'children' of the wicked one or Satan. Those weed-like people are 'imitation Christians' and apparently classified as wicked because their behavior classifies them as being 'children' of the wicked one or Satan.
-2Tim 3vs1-5,13
They are like the ones of John [8v44] who have as their lying father the devil because like the devil they do not stand fast for truth but want to hear religious lies. -2Tim 4v3.

John the Baptist exposed the religious leaders [Mt 3vs7,8]
and put them on notice to repent to do works or behavior befitting repentance.
Jesus gave reasons for each of the 'woes' he proclaimed against the haughty religious leaders recorded at Matthew chapter 23.

So now instead of teaching the flock of God what the Bible really teaches, often the clergy of today teach their own traditions or customs outside of Scripture as if it is religious truth from Scripture instead of what it really is: lies.

So wouldn't 'the wicked' be ones that end up behaving like Satan and those 'imitation Christians' who do not repent from wicked or bad or evil works?
-2Pt3v9 B

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Theocracy breeds nothing but hatred, oppression, and death.

The modern term of theocracy is: clergy rule or rule by clergy class.

That is quite different from the Theocracy, or God Rule, that the prophet Daniel [2v44] believed in.
Jesus believed in theocratic order such as mentioned at 1Cor 11v3.
That the head of every man is Christ....and the head of Christ is God.

Since Jesus is king of God's kingdom, where in Jesus Sermon on the Mount or in the Golden Rule is breeding hatred, oppression and death?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Again, the only criteria for being a Christian is an active belief in, and worship of, Jesus Christ.
There is no such thing as a "Christian-in-name-only".

If there is no such thing as 'Christian in name only' then why did Jesus teach that many would come in his name proving false? -Matt chapter seven.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I have a hard time believing that all-powerful and all-knowing are even possible. Also, I don't believe in creation. I believe that everything that exists is energy in one form or another. Energy can neither be created, nor destroyed, only change form. Therefore, that which we call "life" is merely energy that changed form over time and was not "created" by some intelligence. That's how I see it anyways.
Oh, and thank you for not taking offence.:)

You're welcome.

Isaiah agrees with you that everything that exists is energy....
According to Isaiah [40v26 B,28] it is God that supplied the need high-density dynamic energy to create and maintain the universe. -Jeremiah 10v12; 32v17
Psalm 104v30 shows the energy from God's spirit creates.

If no intelligence was involved, then why did Antony Flew after decades conclude that DNA research shows....that intelligence must have been involved?

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
The modern term of theocracy is: clergy rule or rule by clergy class.

That is quite different from the Theocracy, or God Rule, that the prophet Daniel [2v44] believed in.
Jesus believed in theocratic order such as mentioned at 1Cor 11v3.
That the head of every man is Christ....and the head of Christ is God.

Since Jesus is king of God's kingdom, where in Jesus Sermon on the Mount or in the Golden Rule is breeding hatred, oppression and death?

No difference whatsoever, neighbor.

You can pretend all you wish.

There isn't an example of a Abrahamic theocracy, theonomy, or theodemocracy past or present that wasn't/isn't something absolutely horrible.