• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Debate of God.

Tiberius

Now THERE's something to look forward to!

But I believe it is unreasonable that we all fail.
To many possible survivors.
Some of us are bound to continue.

Why desire an afterlife to look forward to when you might not get it when you have a life already here?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Why desire an afterlife to look forward to when you might not get it when you have a life already here?

What did Jesus say to the disciple who wanted to run off and attend a funeral,.."let the dead bury the dead, you go proclaim the spiritual kingdom". Mortals think they're alive because God's life force animates their biological creature, but they are still in truth walking and talking dead relative to Universal life.

And btw, a mortal desiring for an afterlife is like death seeking life, can't happen. It is the truth only that is alive, and the first step towards life is to know that you are dead, then comes the development of real consciousness, a an awareness not wholly dependent on the biological creature's neurological system.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What did Jesus say to the disciple who wanted to run off and attend a funeral,.."let the dead bury the dead, you go proclaim the spiritual kingdom". Mortals think they're alive because God's life force animates their biological creature, but they are still in truth walking and talking dead relative to Universal life.

And btw, a mortal desiring for an afterlife is like death seeking life, can't happen. It is the truth only that is alive, and the first step towards life is to know that you are dead, then comes the development of real consciousness, a an awareness not wholly dependent on the biological creature's neurological system.

So you do believe in life after death.....no doubt.
But if you do not seek.....how will you find?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Seeking is only required until it is found, once found/realized, the seeking is no longer required,..likewise with belief, that too is not necessary once realized.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Seeking is only required until it is found, once found/realized, the seeking is no longer required,..likewise with belief, that too is not necessary once realized.

I think you're substituting nouns...nothing more.

We are born ignorant....we seek answers.
Finding the answer we then have direction and comfort.

Nothing wrong with being self assured.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
All billions are already dead if not for the .......

What is true is always true. What is not true cannot become true.

Not so.
What held as truth in previous generation has fallen away.

Truth when told badly....is a lie.

Let the dead bury the dead....is a truth.

Not true for all.
If it were....no one survives the last breath.

Would you like to offer something 'true' .....about God?

atanu

Premium Member
Not so.
What held as truth in previous generation has fallen away.
---?

Then that was not truth. , but you thought it to be the truth. You simply have no idea that our definition of truth is that which was never untrue and will never be untrue.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Then that was not truth. , but you thought it to be the truth. You simply have no idea that our definition of truth is that which was never untrue and will never be untrue.

Sounds like you need a fresh topic thread!

And you were about to offer something true about God?

atanu

Premium Member
And what pray tell....shall you say of God?....in truth?....
And the next man won't say.... 'nay!'

Note my signature.

Although, the word and mind return from that and the realm of word is of duality, the existence and awarenes cannot ever be "nay".

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Although, the word and mind return from that and the realm of word is of duality, the existence and awarenes cannot ever be "nay".

Oh I don't know....
Seems there can be objection to existence......
I suspect the devil wants us dead.

And denial is an everyday practice.
we say 'no' to so many things.

And again, our denials define us.

atanu

Premium Member
Oh I don't know....
Seems there can be objection to existence......
I suspect the devil wants us dead.

And denial is an everyday practice.
we say 'no' to so many things.

And again, our denials define us.

I sense that that is the problem. A fixation with "I am this body" and the whole world view based on that. Of course this is the default world view available to sensual apparatus.

But what if the universal life is breathing 'me' and 'us'? What if the universal consciousness is aware of 'me' and 'us'?

Let us meditate on these two together.