• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Debate of God.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
I am simply going to use this thread as a means to discuss the existence of God with anyone. I am constantly discussing this with people, and feel I should have a main thread to post on.

If anyone wishes to argue that god (or whatever deity you believe in) is true, I have questions ready. Thank you.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
i am a muslim and believe that God exists however i don't need to argue that he exists, because by convincing you that he exists won't make God any more real than he is, there are about 6 billion people who believe in God. if your questions are honest and sincere i'd like to hear them.

nnmartin

also most atheists and the like tend to believe they are entitled to scientific proof , evidence , sources etc.. to prove the existence of God.

questions like - 'can you provide empirical evidence to support your claim of God' etc.. so utterly banal and pointless.

If an atheist can come up with a better idea for our existence I am all ears, but the usual old 'we are because of the laws of physics' etc.. just doesn't cut it.

nnmartin

well said - start the questions up Daviso452 seeing how it is you that started the thread.

let the action commence....

Gmister2

Laveyen Satanist
If 6 billion people believed in a lie would that make it the truth?
Just believing in god DOESN'T make him real. this idea that god is there if you believe in him is nothing more than a lie that was designed to create a feeling of emptiness when people try to leave a faith

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
My god started the universe and just kicks back and watches it develop. When anything dies its knowledge returns to god all other parts recycle or evolve. What questions do you have?

Photonic

Ad astra!
also most atheists and the like tend to believe they are entitled to scientific proof , evidence , sources etc.. to prove the existence of God.

questions like - 'can you provide empirical evidence to support your claim of God' etc.. so utterly banal and pointless.

If an atheist can come up with a better idea for our existence I am all ears, but the usual old 'we are because of the laws of physics' etc.. just doesn't cut it.

There is still a million dollar prize for anyone who can prove that Jesus is not the son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Why don't you get on that?

tarasan

There is still a million dollar prize for anyone who can prove that Jesus is not the son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Why don't you get on that?

well considering all the evidence we have of Jesus Christ was that he was at least a man I would not be sure as to why you would say he was the FSM:confused:

Photonic

Ad astra!
well considering all the evidence we have of Jesus Christ was that he was at least a man I would not be sure as to why you would say he was the FSM:confused:

What's your point?

He seems to believe in things without any evidence so he should accept the claim no matter what.

Tristesse

I think asking for evidence of a claim is reasnable, you don't?

It's not about coming up with a better idea for our existence, it's that the idea of a god has failed to meet the requirements as an explanation, and until it does, belief in that claim is unjustified.