• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bogeyman

OK, personal topic here. I have a bogyman. this thing follows me around (always has) and generaly tries to make my life hell. I have seen the thing, and it isn't a pretty sight. Think: eight feet tall if it stood upright, no eyes, emmaciated, long teeth and claws over 8 inches long. Grey mottled skin.
My fortunes have turned somewhat since I came to practice magick, but this has gotten me into almost as much trouble as it has gotten me out of. Now that it knows that I know, it hasbecome manipulative in the extreme. When I first became aware of it I taunted it and it grabbed my throat. Physical materialization.
Now, I am a firm believer that most folks create their own bad mojo, but I am fairly certain that I am not good enough to make something that strong. or bad enough, take your pick.
First time I stayed over at my Choctaw friends house, she went nuts about 10 oclock asking about what I had brought over...
The same thing has happened with a Wiccan friend, as well as my best friend, another Chaoist. Now: I never told any of these people about it. They just went nuts.
There has been so much smudging, banishing,candle burning, praying and chanting i my wake that it has gotten really old.
Any takes on this and potential solutions? I tried destruction, but I am gonna say that I am outclassed in that department. It spanked me hard.
Suffice to say that the possession/invitation experimement was the single dumbest thing I have ever done in my life...
At this point, it is beginning to look like one of us has got to go. It has even gone so far as to stalk people I meet, reducing the normally competant occultists to tears...
It's beginning to look like there is going to be a showdown at the OK corral,, and Iworry about that a LOT.

Master Vigil

It sounds like a spirit that stole the low level spirits serving the ghost in my house. It took them into the woods. That was a nightmare. I had to get help from atleast 100 low level spirits to help me catch it. When I did, I used a defensive trick I learned from my spirit guides. What you do, is you clear your mind of all things good, and you only think of the bad. And once you get all pissed off or sad (whichever one works) then you place all that emotion into your hands. See alot of times bad spirits are only bad because we percieve them that way, so if you perceive them in the opposite way, they get confused. Then you can use the negative energy in your hands to grab it and eat it. Yes eat it. Since it's emotion is a product of your perception, you can consume it either by putting it in food, or just acting like you are eating it. And then it becomes part of you again. And then you must put it into your mind, and it should be still confused so you should be able to control it. Once you can control it, you can destroy it if you wish.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
It sounds a lot like various old native 'boogymen' like the ice heart. If so, your Choctaw friend may be able to help you. Most native 'boogymen' spirits are particualar to men and are most vulnerable to women. Women on their 'moon time' or Mensus are especally powerful and are said to be able to drive off such spirits. I'm not shure if it will work with yours but it is a possiblity. If it is capable of physical manifestation, then you may be able to 'kill' it. In some Native stories warriors were able to kill such spirits, again if your friend can help you weakin it, it may be possible. If by chance you do manage this and find a strange piece of quartz crystal left behind/ nearby, DO NOT keep it. It is the things heart and more truble than its worth. Ask the trees nearby if one of them will guard it and put it tightly in a limb fork next to the trunk, the tree will swallow the stone and keep it from causing any harm.

Again this is one possibility, spirits are tricky things and what works for one person or one spirit may not work for everyone. Be careful with anything that you do try and seek help from your friends eaven if your not shure you need it.

hope this helps

wa:do

A little more speciicity on the issue:
I bound him in a violent ritual about 4 months ago. I basically have a monster in my basement now, he gets hungry and I have no idea how to feed him, though I know what he wants:fear.
Basically it is at this point: he is... obediant if highly malevolent. I do not want this thing in my company, but if I fully banish him away, I know e will hound another less able to deal with him. He would likely kill if I let him, which frightens me a lot.
If I destroy him; well have no idea how. Materializing is not something I can command him to do.It is pretty much limited to heel, and that is strenuous. I have no doubt that this thing is beyond my power, and I never would have bound him were it not for my friend and compatriot Fra. Yndel.
He has lied about his origins over and over, and I cannot command the truth from him. Indeed, to get him to talk at all requires possession it seems, which is an endevor far riskier than it's pay offs.
It is likely I have come to believe, that this thing is some repressed part of me, a very powerful servitor (long story on that type of Chaoist spirit. Short version: It is a magician made spirit, by accident or by intent. It's power relates to what it is given. A homunculi if you will).
My main fear is this: servitors are created as a sort of partition of the magickian's mind/soul/kia. If I get some friends together and we slag this thing, I fear losing a large part of my potential. If I keep it around I will never have access to that.
Ice hearts may well be shards of shamans, as magickians of all type bring much chaos to their surroundings. I fear this thing is certainly a shard of me.

Runt

If you really think this thing might be a manifestation of something negative within you, then the I.O.B. technique may work for you. It stands for "Identify, Objectify, and Banish".

It is considered one of the most dangerous of ceremonial magic techniques, not because you will become ill or be attacked by some otherworldy being, but because you may come to know more about yourself than you would wish.

The "Identify" step is the most difficult. You have to figure out what aspects of yourself the entity represents. Even if you are able to identify what about you it represents consciously, unconsciously you may still resist the idea that "this beast is me!"

The "Objectify" step is the easiest, simply because I think you may have already done it. In the Objectify you give this thing an image. You seem to have done this, and more. You've actually allowed it to materialize for you. However, there is one step that I suspect you have yet to do. You need to name it. Any name will do, as long as it is not the name of someone you know.

The "Banish" part is basically an exorcism, with a few changes...

Basically, you need to either A) call it up before you or B) call up an IMAGE of it before you. When it appears, visualize a whispy cord or robe-like thing connecting you to it at the solar plexus. Cut the cord (either using a ritual dagger, or by imagining the cord dissolving, snapping... whatever you chose will be effective, as long as you visualize the cord between you being severed. There are now many options. You can try visualizing a pentagram (or other protective symbol) being thrown from you to it. You can imagine binding the thing with its own now severed cord. You can actually attack it with the knife (just don't hurt yourself, please!) Whatever you do, say (yes, vocalize it!) "(Name of creature) be gone!"

It may need to be done more than once. Whenever it is gone, you may want to do a ritual cleansing of yourself and your home (especially any area where it was).

I was considering somehing similar to I.O.B., but more leaning towards identify, and I think I know what part of me this thing is:mychildhood night terrors, having grown up into rage at insecurity.
Yes, it has a name, one it answers to, learned it during the possession. I find it almost insulting to my enemy to take it's true name from it.
But my third step I am thinking about is consumption. That's right, I want to eat it. I want that part of me no onger roaming about. I believe the I.O.B. would loose it upon someone else. The reason I believe it was so easily boundwas that it was already almost bound to me... wierd but I think I just tightened the reins a little.

Runt

Hmm... then perhaps in the end of the I.O.B. (if you chose to use it), you could EAT it (vs binding it with its own cord, "killing" it, or flat out sending it away). That way YOU would have power over IT, rather than the other way around... and if you truly believe that any abilities you have are in some way bound it it, then you would basically be keeping them.

I don't neccesarily believe it is the font of my power, but I would be shortening mself to attempt to destroy it instead of reinstate it in a proper psychological and spiritual capacity. To make them my problems to work thru. Strife engenders power and encourages growth of the Will. I would lose the progress of dealing with my problems at the very least. At the worst I might 'delete the partition' that my subconscious set up when I formed this beastie, rendering it dead useless space.

Master Vigil

Indeed, being even that all things are connected, even if it wasn't fully a part of you... Some of it is, either your perception of it, or a manifestation of yourself like you stated before. I think eating it will still be the best method. Then you will have control over it. Almost like a switch possession... you will possess it, but it will be inside of you. Does that make sense?

indeed it does, Vigil, indeed it does. i think it is the only way to have a decent chance at a win without shafting someone else, someone prolly far less prepared or used to it.

Fra. Yndel

The person who is far less prepared to deal with this heinous being is me. This particular spirit really detests me because I was presiding over the ceremony when Fra. Morelia allowed possession and I questioned this particular beauty. It was during those three or four sessions that we discovered what we do know about this thing. It has already tried on one occasion to scare me by hanging out in my room and trying to be spooky, a simple banishing ritual removed it from the premises of my room but it simply returned to Fra. Morelia. It is most definately tied to him and it really tried to stay in him after the possession ritual, and it took quite a bit of work to get him to finally vacate my friend. This thing is not a friendly type, but he leaves a very recognizable signature when he is around...you can tell when he is there.

Fra. Morelia, if you want we can try to come up with something to use of this particular pest problem when I come to visit soon.

Fra. Morelia and everyone-- do you guys and gals actually beleive in all this about the "boogeyman" or is this some kind of role-playing fantasy thing?

Fra. Yndel

It is not the actual boogyman, it is more of a personal boogyman. Fra. Morelia just calls it his personal boogyman for the comedic effect. During the possession rituals I asked it if it was a boogyman of sorts and it told me that it was as good a name as any. :smile: I definately believe that this entity exists because I have had personal experiences with it that convinced me of its existence.

On the subject of a "boogyman" though, after I began to practise magick I started to wonder how many things that I had seen as a child that my parents told me were just my imagination actually existed. I am of the opinion that once you cease to believe in things they will cease to exist for you.

Fra. Yndel

No it is not all in our mind. As best as we could figure out by talking to this thing, Fra. Morelia created it using his subconscious when he was but a small child and this creature fed on his fear and fear made him stronger. Over time as Fra. Morelia grew and matured he stopped believing so much in the "boogyman" and was no longer afraid so this entity had nothing upon which to feed. This is when I believe our little pal spook evolved himself to feed on Fra. Morelia's negative emotions especially anger and rage and became the malignant little ******* that I met some time ago. Because it was created by Fra. Morelia, even though it was unintentionally created, it is tied to him as a servitor basically. Albeit an extremely old and powerful servitor, but that is its basic function none the less. It has been trying to evolve itself into something more than a servitor and release itself from its tie to Fra. Morelia so that it can be free, it even tried to convince us originally that it was a demon, luckily that turned out to not be the case.

So to sum it all up. This thing was created by Fra. Morelia and he did not realize it, it fed off of his fear until he ceased to be afraid and then it came to basically personify all his pent up anger and rage over the years. Ever since its creation it has been trying to sever the tie and become a free entity. It is very malignant and it has almost passed the point of being able to be controlled. It is a very strong, and evil servitor that has plagued Fra. Morelia for years.

Sprinkles,
Is christianity fantasy roleplay?
anywho, it works like this for chaoists: mind over matter. the Will of a man or waoman can make things manifest. some view it in a similar light to the Taoist chi, some n more psycological terms. I hover between the two. but, nonetheless, it is my view that a psychological problem can manifest in destructive fashion around someone. this is similar to the entire teenager/poltergeist activity you may have heard speculation on.
someone who follows the training of the mind, in any capacity, has to be very cautious, lest they mine theri own path.
I am not going to debate it, and it isn't a religion. it is based mainly on quantum physics and psychology. from there, it's the chaoists ballgame.

And Fra. Yndel, yes, i think it is about time we broke out the pointy things on this thing. It needs to be dealt with. you have my second e-mail accout, we will discuss it further in there, little brother.
P.S. 1 month left in the gunclub, Fra.Yndel!!!!!!!! sufffer the pathetic jealousy!!!! rawr!

Fra.Morelia said:
Is christianity fantasy roleplay?
Well, in my opinion, all the exorcisms and demons etc. stuff Catholics do is fantasy and roleplaying, but they think it is real, they do not think it is fantasy. I just wasn't sure what you thought--sorry if I sounded condescending.