• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biogeographic evidence for evolution

dad

Undefeated
Good reasons for that - say, for example, there is a volcanic eruption. We can see what evidence is produced by this volcanic eruption - lava flows that solidify into rock, layers of ash, etc.

Then we come across layers of rock that look just like the lava flows of the observed volcanic eruption. We find layers of lithified ask, with characteristics just like the ash layers we saw forming during the eruption.

You will have us shrug our shoulders and draw no conclusions because these geological features could have been created by jesus 300 years ago or whatever nonsense you propose.

Sane, sensible, educated people will draw logical conclusions. Religious kooks will dismiss for no good reason.

From the fellow that thinks stories from the ancient middle east carry more weight than actual observation...
In other words science sees how it now works and has no clue if it was ever any other way and doesn't care and is too dumb to know either way anyhow. So they use the present to model the far past. We get it.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Not interested in being handed reading assignments. Your job is to cite relevant bits and use a link for support.
Who said this, Hitler or Luther? What is the connection either way?

I have heard that sort of thing quoted from Luther. Now, what is the proof Hitler leaned on Luther for direction?

What do you need to learn? Lol. They could read. Have you checked your history books and all celebrations and admirations for your Christian leader that the nazi had?

And who cares what Hitler though anyway, when the father of your beliefs was, de-facto, a criminal showing the same mindset, and provably so?

Again, that is just one small example of the criminal record of Christianity in Europe. There is much more.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Not interested in being handed reading assignments. Your job is to cite relevant bits and use a link for support.
The link is the book. And I cited enough. And I gave you the title. Now the burden is on you that Martin never wrote that.

Good luck.

Ciao

- viole

dad

Undefeated
The link is the book. And I cited enough. And I gave you the title. Now the burden is on you that Martin never wrote that.

Good luck.

Ciao

- viole
I never said anything like that. The issue is whether Hitler used this as you claim, that is what we are waiting for you to support. (as opposed to grabbing supposed isolated quotes from christians and insinuating Hitler based his life on that).

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I never said anything like that. The issue is whether Hitler used this as you claim, that is what we are waiting for you to support. (as opposed to grabbing supposed isolated quotes from christians and insinuating Hitler based his life on that).

Suppose he did not. Even though the works of Luther were shown at nazi rallies.

Does that make demands of slaying jews, by the father of reformation, any better?

Would you feel better if Hitler completely missed the teaching of a like minded, and like criminal, famous guy?

Do you also admire that anti semitic criminal (Martin Luther), by any chance?

Ciao

- viole

dad

Undefeated
Suppose he did not.
Well then, I guess your inference/claim would be wrong.

Even though the works of Luther were shown at nazi rallies.
Some Trump rallies or other politicians might play rock music like 'sympathy for the devil'. Does this mean they operate the government according to the whims of the Rolling Stones?
Does that make demands of slaying jews, by the father of reformation, any better?
Different matters.

Would you feel better if Hitler completely missed the teaching of a like minded, and like criminal, famous guy?

Do you also admire that anti semitic criminal (Martin Luther), by any chance?

I don't know that much about Luther. As far as he believed in Jesus, and the bible, great. If he deviated...Gong!

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well then, I guess your inference/claim would be wrong.

Some Trump rallies or other politicians might play rock music like 'sympathy for the devil'. Does this mean they operate the government according to the whims of the Rolling Stones?
Different matters.

I don't know that much about Luther. As far as he believed in Jesus, and the bible, great. If he deviated...Gong!

Does believing in Jesus and the Bible exclude being an anti semitic criminal? I think you can be both. There is no reason to believe that one excludes the other. As Luther clearly showed.

After all, as the work of Deschner shows, the story and evolution of Christianity in Europe is, de facto, a criminal one.

Ciao

- viole

dad

Undefeated
Does believing in Jesus and the Bible exclude being an anti semitic criminal? I think you can be both. There is no reason to believe that one excludes the other. As Luther clearly showed.

Jesus is coming to save Israel actually. Not sure what sort of bible believers you have met.

After all, as the work of Deschner shows, the story and evolution of Christianity in Europe is, de facto, a criminal one.

As is the present unchristian Europe! Just because they draped a christian cross or something across their warmongering sorry arses doesn't make them 'Christian'.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Show us evidence from a credible source (i.e., NOT Weikart) that demonstrates this plan was founded on Darwinian principles of natural selection.

Then demonstrate that even if this were so, it can be considered evidence against evolution.

I cannot wait!
How were those three papers he provided to demonstrate that creationists have valid explanations for biogeographic evidence supporting evolution? I missed them.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
So... was this an attempt to get out of:

"Of course you have. Name or link to 3 of them. And then EXPLAIN why you think these papers have merit."
I see. The papers backing the claim were never provided. Strange. I would not have expected an empty claim from a creationist. No doubt it is an oversight and the papers were lost as result of canine evolution and diet physiology.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Yes, he also must have taken examples from what happened to the Canaanites and so. Not much different from the indiscriminate exterminations in your “holy” book, sanctioned by your moral role model.

So, I am sure Hitler did not think it was so bad if God did the same, and Luther himself said that we are at fault if we do not slain the Jews.

Medice, cura te ipso.

Ciao

- viole

You're right! Hitler MUST have been a born again Christian who LOVED Jesus and followed all Jesus's precepts like "Blessed are the peacemakers!" and "Put down the sword!"

Latine prohibere usura, suus 'inepta....

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Show us evidence from a credible source (i.e., NOT Weikart) that demonstrates this plan was founded on Darwinian principles of natural selection.

Then demonstrate that even if this were so, it can be considered evidence against evolution.

I cannot wait!

Huh?

I was explaining via Ost that Hitler hated Christians, too, and so, wasn't one of us.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So... was this an attempt to get out of:

"Of course you have. Name or link to 3 of them. And then EXPLAIN why you think these papers have merit."

You keep insulting my academic credentials, so, my feelings hurt, I don't want to expose my favorite secular peer-reviewed papers to your scrutiny, because, you know, you're a cruel skeptic.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You can and will restate till the cows come home - it will not alter the fact that you are wrong and too... I don't even know at this point.... to admit it and relinquish one of your pet go-to fallacious "arguments".

One of YOUR linked articles:

"In order to sustain the thesis that Hitler was a Darwinian one would have to ignore all the explicit statements of Hitler rejecting any theory like Darwin’s and draw fanciful implications from vague words, errant phrases, and ambiguous sentences,neglecting altogether more straight -forward, contextual interpretations of such utterances. Only the ideologically blinded would still try to sustain the thesis in the face of the contrary, manifest evidence."

"Ideologically blinded" folks like zany right-wing hack Weikart and apparently, our own BB. So desperate to use logical fallacies to attack evolution when your 'science' is non-existent. Sad.

Say - remember when you declared that there was 'nervous control' over releasing 'beneficial bacteria' from the appendix? that was funny.

I think you're right!

The appendix works on automatic pilot and is the sole organ in the body that is not part of a larger organ system. It is proven impossible that any part of the human nervous or autonomous system touches the appendix, runs through it, or catalyzes its actions... you're correct!

And you're right again! Hitler wasn't a Darwinist, because he didn't believe in survival of the fittest or that non-white races and Jews were inferior creatures, and he never, ever, ever used Darwinist/evolution terms like "race" or "struggle among races", etc. in his many hundreds of speeches that were written or recorded.

I think you REALLY understand Adolf Hitler and ought to write a book!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Whether or not you get the point remains to be seen. If you continue to try and smear evolutionary biology by associating it with Hitler, then we'll know the answer is "no".

I'm not smearing a respected branch of science, I'm pointing to how Hitler and Darwin would have agreed about the inferiority of blacks, and the necessity of races to struggle IF races are different species--you know, like "aboriginal man" and "occidental man", like when we were kids... or NOW. Gross!!!