• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biogeographic evidence for evolution

dad

Undefeated
Hitler got the idea to prosecute and kill Jews from M. Luther. The father of the reformation. Hardly a Darwinist. Social or not.

Just one of the many instances of the documented criminal history of Christianity in Europe.

Ciao

- viole
Source for Hitler obeying Martin?

dad

Undefeated
This from the 'different states past' guy who never presents evidence for ANYTHING!!

:D:D:D
I have evidence that science uses the present as the key to the past. Now unless someone shows us hard evidence it was you are welcome to your beliefs. I do not need evidence for your beliefs only for what is called science, and used in science models.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
"Hitler and Stalin did what they did as Darwinists."

Hitler and Darwin: http://home.uchicago.edu/~rjr6/articles/Was Hitler a Darwinian.pdf and
From Darwin to Hitler Quotes by Richard Weikart

So, as a language expert, surely you understand that I never indicated that you specifically wrote "Darwin=Hitler", and surely you can understand the implication of Darwin=Hitler?

Not that it matters - this sad assertion:

"...Hitler felt led by Darwin and Social Darwinism to kill/murder"

is utter BS dreamed up by right-wing radical Weikart.

But way to go in your attempt to detract from your utter failure to prop up even THAT dopey claim!

Recall, YOU, for reasons that do not shine favorably upon your 'scholarship', tried to support your thesis with a paper that concluded:

"In order to sustain the thesis that Hitler was a Darwinian one would have to ignore all the explicit statements of Hitler rejecting any theory like Darwin’s and draw fanciful implications from vague words, errant phrases, and ambiguous sentences,neglecting altogether more straight -forward, contextual interpretations of such utterances. Only the ideologically blinded would still try to sustain the thesis in the face of the contrary, manifest evidence."

But no, you keep making your false claims in some lame attempt to prop up your religio-political-social views...

I can restate:

Darwin was an apostate. Hitler was evil. Anyone who denies that Hitler used Darwin/evolution to promote his racial and eugenics concept is ignorant of the facts.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work.”--Adolph Hitler, 1936

I get your point, but you likely do not realize Hitler said Jesus was a weak Jew and that his "Christianity" would someday eradicate added tens of millions of Christians!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Hitler got the idea to prosecute and kill Jews from M. Luther. The father of the reformation. Hardly a Darwinist. Social or not.

Just one of the many instances of the documented criminal history of Christianity in Europe.

Ciao

- viole

Have you ever researched Generalplan Ost?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Have you ever researched Generalplan Ost?

Yes, he also must have taken examples from what happened to the Canaanites and so. Not much different from the indiscriminate exterminations in your “holy” book, sanctioned by your moral role model.

So, I am sure Hitler did not think it was so bad if God did the same, and Luther himself said that we are at fault if we do not slain the Jews.

Medice, cura te ipso.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Source for Hitler obeying Martin?

Have you read “on the jew and his lies”?

I know it is difficult to distinguish it from the works of Obergruppenführer-SS R. Heydrich, but it is actually the work of the father of the reformation. And a bit knowledge of history should make it clear why the nazis were quite officially big fans of Martin.

I would read that, and the work of KH Deschner : “Kriminalgeschichte des Christentums” (the criminal history of Christianity”, for many other examples) especially if you know German.

Ciao

- viole

tas8831

I can restate:

Darwin was an apostate. Hitler was evil. Anyone who denies that Hitler used Darwin/evolution to promote his racial and eugenics concept is ignorant of the facts.
You can and will restate till the cows come home - it will not alter the fact that you are wrong and too... I don't even know at this point.... to admit it and relinquish one of your pet go-to fallacious "arguments".

One of YOUR linked articles:

"In order to sustain the thesis that Hitler was a Darwinian one would have to ignore all the explicit statements of Hitler rejecting any theory like Darwin’s and draw fanciful implications from vague words, errant phrases, and ambiguous sentences,neglecting altogether more straight -forward, contextual interpretations of such utterances. Only the ideologically blinded would still try to sustain the thesis in the face of the contrary, manifest evidence."

"Ideologically blinded" folks like zany right-wing hack Weikart and apparently, our own BB. So desperate to use logical fallacies to attack evolution when your 'science' is non-existent. Sad.

Say - remember when you declared that there was 'nervous control' over releasing 'beneficial bacteria' from the appendix? that was funny.

tas8831

I have evidence that science uses the present as the key to the past.

Good reasons for that - say, for example, there is a volcanic eruption. We can see what evidence is produced by this volcanic eruption - lava flows that solidify into rock, layers of ash, etc.

Then we come across layers of rock that look just like the lava flows of the observed volcanic eruption. We find layers of lithified ask, with characteristics just like the ash layers we saw forming during the eruption.

You will have us shrug our shoulders and draw no conclusions because these geological features could have been created by jesus 300 years ago or whatever nonsense you propose.

Sane, sensible, educated people will draw logical conclusions. Religious kooks will dismiss for no good reason.
Now unless someone shows us hard evidence it was you are welcome to your beliefs. I do not need evidence for your beliefs only for what is called science, and used in science models.
From the fellow that thinks stories from the ancient middle east carry more weight than actual observation...

dad

Undefeated
Have you read “on the jew and his lies”?
No.

I know it is difficult to distinguish it from the works of Obergruppenführer-SS R. Heydrich, but it is actually the work of the father of the reformation. And a bit knowledge of history should make it clear why the nazis were quite officially big fans of Martin.
Well, if it is easy, how about a quote or two that shows this to be the case?

I would read that, and the work of KH Deschner : “Kriminalgeschichte des Christentums” (the criminal history of Christianity”, for many other examples) especially if you know German.

Ciao
Rather than offer reading list (in another language no less) your quest and job is to lift out some relevant part to quote here that you think supports your claim.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Of course not. You would not have replied like you did, otherwise.

Come back to me when you did. It is not a big book and it must have English translations by now.

Little spoiler as requested: we are at fault for not slaying them (the Jews).

If you want more here, is an English excerpt of some pearls of good old Christian wisdom coming directly from the father of reformation:

In the treatise, he argues that Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness, afforded no legal protection, and "these poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[W]e are at fault in not slaying them".

From your co-believer Martin (not Bormann).

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

dad

Undefeated
All of science.

Now, Chapter and verse with corroboration from non-biblical sources, since bible stories are unreliable.
None of science deals with what state nature was on earth in the past. Science is about methodically believing it was as now and modelling accordingly!

Yes, the Sumers recorded long lives also, and the Egyptians recorded spirit beings as the first kings!

dad

Undefeated
Of course not. You would not have replied like you did, otherwise.

Come back to me when you did. It is not a big book and it must have English translations by now.
Not interested in being handed reading assignments. Your job is to cite relevant bits and use a link for support.
Little spoiler as requested: we are at fault for not slaying them (the Jews).
Who said this, Hitler or Luther? What is the connection either way?
If you want more here is an English translation fo some pearls of Christian wisdom:

In the treatise, he argues that Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[2] afforded no legal protection,[3]and "these poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[4] He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[W]e are at fault in not slaying them".[5]

From your Martin (not Bormann).

Ciao
I have heard that sort of thing quoted from Luther. Now, what is the proof Hitler leaned on Luther for direction?