• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible for Jews only?

SpeaksForTheTrees

If you're trying to figure out why G-d seems to be out of sync with your ideas, why G-d doesn't seem to think like you do - although I'm not sure anyone thinks as you do - just remember these words from Isaiah, כי לא מחשבותי מחשבותיכם ולא דרכיכם דרכי נאם ה

Hmm how can I suggest this those words in Hebrew ?because I am higher ? , but not because I hold higher position in office or education or income or physical stature comparison is none of those thing , is a subjective expression of , nobility . I'm ancient Celt , tracable by dna why you guys where compiling this book we was building the henge different kind of appreciation for the same thing.
In others words I'm a breed of Englishman that is welcome in all 4 lands of this kingdom , my vocal accent puts , Irish and Scots & Welsh(A-Z) at ease with just a few words we been neighbours for a while is a dead language called cumbric , they believe it is obsolete we just leave it at that .

Hey if you even consider it , I will destroy my account , and end my own life if I had to , seriously though I'm not but if I was I would break the prophecy .
England is multiracial nation you see I have time for everyone.
In the bible is a what I can only describe as a catch 22 , what if , (you and I won't be here forever) just what if humanity stuck on this ball of call it whatever you wish flying though again put your own word here for the next something we might both be able to sort of comprehend the next 2000 years .

SpeaksForTheTrees

Then you should also dislike the "N.T." and Christianity as well, the latter of which has had a very violent history.

Despise it , but is symbolic of a new start is possible .
This is about future generations I don't think you really understand the importance , myself I will embrace the heat of a hydrogen bomb like I embrace a breath of fresh air.

rosends

Hmm how can I suggest this those words in Hebrew ?because I am higher ? , but not because I hold higher position in office or education or income or physical stature comparison is none of those thing , is a subjective expression of , nobility .
so in the sense of nobility you are higher than God?

Flankerl

Then you should also dislike the "N.T." and Christianity as well, the latter of which has had a very violent history.

I learned that's not how it works.
Tribal wars in antiquity where hundreds to thousands died are incredibly worse than wars during the same time period between various Empires where far more people died.
Same is obviously true for all wars after antiquity.

Why is that?
Well because these tribal wars are in some holy book of a random group of people, whose holy book was basically stolen by a Religion whose followers have been far more violent than the random group of people they despise.

I find it always hilarious when people whine about the violence in the "OT" but somehow ignore everything else that happened during that time.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Despise it , but is symbolic of a new start is possible .
This is about future generations I don't think you really understand the importance , myself I will embrace the heat of a hydrogen bomb like I embrace a breath of fresh air.
What makes you believe that I don't "understand the importance"? importance of what? I don't fear death, but neither is it high on my list of things I want to do.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Tribal wars in antiquity where hundreds to thousands died are incredibly worse than wars during the same time period between various Empires where far more people died.

Why is that?
Well because these tribal wars are in some holy book of a random group of people, whose holy book was basically stolen by a Religion whose followers have been far more violent than the random group of people they despise.

I find it always hilarious when people whine about the violence in the "OT" but somehow ignore everything else that happened during that time.
I hear ya.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Why is that?

I love violence , I have a sadistic side that demands resolve ,however I can qwell these emotions and can display compasion of universal extent . My balance is tilted towards good nature .

rosends

Answerable only to
Please don't drag me off at tangents , just yet .
If rabbi notices then I will reply and continue
This is not a tangent. You were confronted with a quote as explanation and your response had to do with your being "higher" than God which you now defend as "answerable only to". This goes to the heart of your claim.

SpeaksForTheTrees

This is not a tangent. You were confronted with a quote as explanation and your response had to do with your being "higher" than God which you now defend as "answerable only to". This goes to the heart of your claim.
OK I replace word nobility with words , well born of the closest DNA to the fossil records of the local area .Noble as I can rise above my own feelings of bias .
A nice quote " I am free of all prejudice I hate everyone equally "

rosends

OK I replace word nobility with words , well born of the closest DNA to the fossil records of the local area .Noble as I can rise above my own feelings of bias .
A nice quote " I am free of all prejudice I hate everyone equally "
so how does where you were born impact the Hebrew verse to which you responded? Or relate to the question which it answered?

SpeaksForTheTrees

If this is to hard for you guys we can try different approach first to find common ground.
OK
Which would you rather have a cupcake (Sweet Bread) or a pencil in the eye ?

SpeaksForTheTrees

so how does where you were born impact the Hebrew verse to which you responded? Or relate to the question which it answered?
If this is to hard for you guys we can try different approach first to find common ground.
OK

rosends

OK
I'm above that because my DNA looks like Stonehenge.

Not being facetious -- that's how your answer appeared.

SpeaksForTheTrees

The romans , the crusaders , ww1 ww2 , ww3 ????

The romans did not raize Jerusalem from existence like what happened elsewhere , must of been impressive city , a jewel to have survived , the norm was raize it from existance take the plunder home and sell it

rusra02

Premium Member
If the bible is so good why did God give it only to the Jews?
I believe he entrusted the Jews with his word since they were his people in a covenant with God. Much of the Scriptures discuss God's dealings with the nation of Israel. However, the Bible was written for all mankind. It is the world's all-time best seller and available in many more languages than any other book. I believe this is in keeping with God's promise to Abraham that through his offspring, "all nations of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves." (Genesis 22:18)