• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Beer Thread

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Two of my favorites

Boil Kelbasi or strong sauage in beer. Poke wholes with a fork before boiling. Don't boil to strong will foam over. Pefer Lite beers.

Instead of water use stronger beers in a smoker. Combining the right beer and smoke flavor is incredible. Been using Miller and Hickory currently.

Good eating

Bob

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I used to have problems finding good beers/ciders. I have found that YUPPY FOOD STORES have a great selection! It is usually the Healthy Store that has the good booze. Just a thought for you to check out. WIld Oats and Huckleberry's are what those stores are up here.
Whole Paycheck (Foods) usually has a pretty good selection, but they can't compare to Spec's at least in Houston.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Thanks guys for the tips, though I don't think we have those stores around here, but I'll look for one that are like them.

pwsoldier

unapologetic freethinker
My favorite beer is Heineken. I want to try the Heineken dark lager, but have only seen it in a town that is about a 2 hour drive. I'm also kinda curious as to how a lager I saw called "Arrogant *******" tastes. I also like Michelob Ultra Amber. A few of the Sam Adams are also rather tasty.
I usually drink Coors though, as it my favorite of the cheaper beers. Not so cheap it is nasty, but cheap enough to fill my fridge with.

I hate to sound nit-picky, but Arrogant B*stard is actually an ale, not a lager. Basically, it's a hurricane of malt and hop flavors competing for total pwnage of your palate. It's actually quite good once you get used it, and remarkably complex. It's hands-down my favorite American brew (hence my avatar).

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Two of my favorites

Boil Kelbasi or strong sauage in beer. Poke wholes with a fork before boiling. Don't boil to strong will foam over. Pefer Lite beers.

Instead of water use stronger beers in a smoker. Combining the right beer and smoke flavor is incredible. Been using Miller and Hickory currently.

Good eating

Bob

Catch some Crayfish (Crawfish for you Americans)place Crayfish in the freezer while you sweat some onions and Garlic add you favourite spices and pour in your favourite Beer and bring to a simmer add Crayfish(you must purge them before semi freezing) and hey presto you have some tasty finger food which is great for parties:drool: and of course washed down with Beer

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Catch some Crayfish (Crawfish for you Americans)place Crayfish in the freezer while you sweat some onions and Garlic add you favourite spices and pour in your favourite Beer and bring to a simmer add Crayfish(you must purge them before semi freezing) and hey presto you have some tasty finger food which is great for parties:drool: and of course washed down with Beer
Where do y'all find mudbugs in Merrie Olde England?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Where do y'all find mudbugs in Merrie Olde England?

Our own native species are very small and are being eaten out of existence by American signal Crayfish so there is no closed season,they are Crayfish that escaped from farms and now they are every where.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger

Crawdads for you mid-westerners! I think that calls for a beer of your choice!

Crayfish, crawfish, crawdads, mudbugs.... so many terms for the mini-lobsters!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Crawdads for you mid-westerners! I think that calls for a beer of your choice!

Crayfish, crawfish, crawdads, mudbugs.... so many terms for the mini-lobsters!

They taste great but it is worth having a tank so they can be purged and the beer makes all the difference.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Sweet Zeus Almighty, Oak-Aged Yeti is some amazing stuff!!!!

I had this stuff a few years ago because I heard good things about it. I try to find highly rated products from a certain website I go to. If I can manage to find it in a liquor store and I have the funds, I'll try it. This was amazing stuff and I'm lucky I had my cousin to help me drink it because it was very strong stuff. If I tried finishing the whole thing on my own I probably wouldn't have made it to my bed.

Review can be found here.

pwsoldier

unapologetic freethinker
I had this stuff a few years ago because I heard good things about it. I try to find highly rated products from a certain website I go to. If I can manage to find it in a liquor store and I have the funds, I'll try it. This was amazing stuff and I'm lucky I had my cousin to help me drink it because it was very strong stuff. If I tried finishing the whole thing on my own I probably wouldn't have made it to my bed.

Review can be found here.

I managed to down a whole bottle the other night at the Flying Saucer. I went straight to bed afterwards though! I need to have it again so I can review it.

pwsoldier

unapologetic freethinker
AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I just got a job offer from a guy who works for Duff Beer and Wine Distribution in Houston! He said they're looking to expand their operation here in SA-town. Can you say dream job??? :yes: :drool:

Trey of Diamonds

I'm not originally from Texas but I do love one of their local beers, Shiner Bock.

Shiner_Bock_200.jpg

Back home in Louisiana we like Abita Beer.

abita1.JPG

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
:beach:This time tommorow i will be sitting on the beach in the Canary Islands with a nice cold beer and catching some rays,later some dinner and beer and later some beer and chasers mmmmmmmmm can't wait

Stellify

StarChild
Oh man...I had totally forgotten about Psychostick. *shakes head* It are go good with pizza....*snort*

I have some Arrogant ******* in the fridge. Along with a variety pack of Real Ale. This weekend is going to be hella fun. I plan on relaxing and having a good time after the week from hell that I've been having :D