• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Beer Thread

Stellify

StarChild
That sounds like a good description of La Fin Du Monde. :D

Stellify: any of the Unibroue beers on that list are worth checking out. That'd be these:

- Don De Dieu ("Gift from God")
- La Fin Du Monde ("The End of the World")
- Maudite ("Damned")
- Trois Pistoles

Unibroue beers tend to be rather similar in character, though, so I'd say you don't really need to try more than one... unless they get Ephemre in - it's apple flavoured and quite nice.
Oh yes, I've been a fan of La Fin for a while now. Lately, when I go to the Old Monk, I've been getting La Fin Du Monde and Golden Draak every time.
Ephemre sounds wonderful :drool:

What's so great about Fat Tire? I keep hearing people say good things about it...what kind of flavor does it have? I've been meaning to grab some when I go to the liquor store so I can try it out.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh yes, I've been a fan of La Fin for a while now. Lately, when I go to the Old Monk, I've been getting La Fin Du Monde and Golden Draak every time.
Ephemre sounds wonderful :drool:
That's right - I forgot you said you had it before. I don't typically expect people outside Canada to have heard of it.

Oh - I've also had Young's Double Chocolate Stout before. It's really good; the name is accurate. :D
What's so great about Fat Tire? I keep hearing people say good things about it...what kind of flavor does it have? I've been meaning to grab some when I go to the liquor store so I can try it out.
It's been a while since I had it so my memory might not be reliable, but I remember it as rather dark but not very bitter... a tiny bit on the sweeter side and quite flavourful. I think it's technically a brown ale if that gives you any indication. If you've had Pete's Wicked Ale, imagine something like that but not as bitter... I think. It's been even longer since I've had Pete's.

pwsoldier

unapologetic freethinker
Speaking of Unibroue, I'd strongly recommend trying the 17 if you can find it. I tried it a couple of weeks ago and it was phenomenal.

To answer the Fat Tire question, it's an amber ale. It has a mild hop presence and a somewhat biscuit-like malt flavor that's very common in New Belgium beers. It's pretty good.

verecund

I'm not much of a beer gal, but I actually do like Blue Moon's Belgian White. It's tasty.

I visited the Sam Adams brewery not too long ago... they give out samples at the end, and I discovered I'm not a fan. Sad, really, that I couldn't like the free beer.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
One of my new favorites is Torpedo Extra IPA by Sierra Nevada. Great stuff!

Last edited: