• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The answer to why God doesnt heal Amputees

icdchris

AN argument that many make in arguing that Prayer doesn't work is the question of amputees. If God really answered prayers of sick people why doesn't he(he for the purpose only for indicating God but not as a male) grow an amputees limb back?

Answer: It doesn't matter that the person lost a limb. You are here on this earth to experience things that will make you grow. Losing a limb, getting cancer, being tortured, raped or killed are things that have no long term effect on your soul.

Does Prayer work? sometimes there are beings (call them Angels if you like) that can effect small changes to our bodies to help in fighting some diseases and yes, even cancer but God does not intervene, it is another being.

If you want to know the answers to Cloning, Artificial Intelligence, life in the Universe, what you are doing here and more, just ask.:yes:

icdchris

LOL I am sorry that I might have confused you on that. Many people question what Cloning means to religion, can we clone the soul?

The answer is simple. Nature has cloned beings since the beginning, it's called being an identical twin, triplicates or such. The fact that we will one day clone human beings means nothing to God other then it will be another way to procreate.

Look at it this way, Computers are made by the millions yet it can be argued that each is unique because of the software that is both initially downloaded and then added.

Each human being is unique because the Soul is God's software. You see in every study that identical twins can and do have similar natures but they do not have the exact one because they are different, even if that difference is very small.

So to answer your question about my question, the answer to cloning is that it is simply another way to procreate and that each and every person that is or will be cloned is a unique and individual person. There will be no Arnie "6thDay" scenarios.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If you want to know the answers to Cloning, Artificial Intelligence, life in the Universe, what you are doing here and more, just ask.:yes:
Don't you appreciate it when someone who has all the answers is kind enough to take the time to help us all out like this?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Illnesses affect the body but we are really the Spirit which is not affected by these things. :)

Life in the universe? What about aliens...are they real and where do they live? :)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
AN argument that many make in arguing that Prayer doesn't work is the question of amputees. If God really answered prayers of sick people why doesn't he(he for the purpose only for indicating God but not as a male) grow an amputees limb back?

Answer: It doesn't matter that the person lost a limb. You are here on this earth to experience things that will make you grow. Losing a limb, getting cancer, being tortured, raped or killed are things that have no long term effect on your soul.

Does Prayer work? sometimes there are beings (call them Angels if you like) that can effect small changes to our bodies to help in fighting some diseases and yes, even cancer but God does not intervene, it is another being.

How convenient. What use is god if it's like he's not even there at all?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Losing a limb, getting cancer, being tortured, raped or killed are things that have no long term effect on your soul.
That's good to know. I'll just wander next door then and kill AJ, his wife and young daughter, confident in the knowledge that it doesn't really matter, their souls will be ok...

icdchris

Nice quote of Jefferson,

I think the one from Isocrates in his letter to Demonicus is better.

"If you love knowledge, you will be a master of knowledge. What you have come to know, preserve by exercise;what you have not learned, seek to add to your knowledge; for it is as reprehensible to hear a profitable saying and not grasp it as to be offered a good gift by one's friends and not accept it"

The fact that someone might claim to have the answer does not desire rebuke but understanding for what it is and what it not.

icdchris

God is there. The fact that God does not take an active role in your life does not mean anything but that. I am not a deist, nor is God, as we find that we are a very small role in the scale of the Universe we need to come to understand that there are hundreds of millions of worlds with countless people (beings) that are on the same path to growing. The fact that most religions hold the should or spirit to be eternal ( in our perception) shows that God wants us to find a message that we can each understand.

You want to understand God or reject that which you don't understand, either way he doesn't care because he knows the long term and your perception based on a few decades living on the little world in the edge of an average Galaxy doesn't go along way.

icdchris

If it is in your heart to do so, then do so. People of faith are always amazed at the concept of morality in an Atheist and that is your logic here. If I can not "punished" then I can do it. If you don't kill them because you fear God's punishment, then wouldn't God KNOW that you only won't kill them because of his punishment? Are you being rewarded for being afraid to do what is in your heart? If you kill them and then you die, you will realize the error of your ways.

Also, just because their souls are OK doesn't lessen the impact that their lose of time and experience will be. You are only here once as you and what you experience is unique to that time frame.
If you wish to make another smart remark, please feel free to do so.

rojse

RF Addict
An argument that many make in arguing that Prayer doesn't work is the question of amputees. If God really answered prayers of sick people why doesn't he(he for the purpose only for indicating God but not as a male) grow an amputees limb back?

I be frank - I find this line of thought odious at best, but at least it is better than the view that God does not like those that are handicapped. People who lose these limbs lose them in quite painful circumstances, and that their pain and suffering is dismissed with "You are here on this earth to experience things that will make you grow. Losing a limb, getting cancer, being tortured, raped or killed are things that have no long term effect on your soul". Whether this is true or not, what about the shell that encases the soul itself (if you believe in such things).

If you have lost a limb, or been tortured or raped, or had a similar event occur to you, I will change my opinion about this statement in regards to you.

I always wanted to know what happens to the other sock. You know, whenever you are looking for two matching socks, one always seems to be missing?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
All I know is Im kinda attached to my extremeties..

And Im not a starfish..so if I lose one ...another isnt going to grow back...(that is sort of a God given fact No matter HOW much I pray)...

Cloning??..Sure go for it..I have no objections..

Love

Dallas

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
If it is in your heart to do so, then do so.
Awesome, you're like a modern Kris Kringle aren't ya.

If you wish to make another smart remark, please feel free to do so.
Wow, before you came along I had no idea what I was and wasn't allowed to do. Thank you! I feel so liberated!

People of faith are always amazed at the concept of morality in an Atheist and that is your logic here.
Yeah, some people are easily amazed, I saw a blue car the other day, nearly passed out with the excitement.

If I can not "punished" then I can do it.
Exactly! Empathy, compassion, reason - all but foolish Victorian fantasies.

If you don't kill them because you fear God's punishment, then wouldn't God KNOW that you only won't kill them because of his punishment?
Ah, but what if God knew that I knew that He knew that you knew that He knew that I knew?

Are you being rewarded for being afraid to do what is in your heart?
Just let me go check my bank balance...

If you kill them and then you die, you will realize the error of your ways.
Hmmm, wouldn't it be easier to kill them then summon them up with a Ouija board and ask them the error of my ways, that way I won't have to wait?

Also, just because their souls are OK doesn't lessen the impact that their lose of time and experience will be. You are only here once as you and what you experience is unique to that time frame.
But their souls are ok, so what does it really matter?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's quite silly how some religious folk think believing in an invisible sky daddy is a prerequisite for compassion, empathy, logic, ethics, etc. And the ironic thing is that those who actually believe that tend to be more callous, selfish, dishonest and dishonorable in their actions than most.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." - Albert Einstein

And no offense, but Einstein > random anonymous bible thumpers.

Last edited: