• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The answer to why God doesnt heal Amputees

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Would you care to elaborate, Williamena? I am sure this answer is more intelligent than what has been asserted so far.
I don't know about intellgent. It adopts an attitude, to which I hold, that from a spiritual perspective the quantity or quality of mass a person has makes little difference. A person less a limb is no less a person. God is present in every form.

Last edited:

rojse

RF Addict
I don't know about intellgent. It adopts an attitude, to which I hold, that from a spiritual perspective the quantity or quality of mass a person has makes little difference. A person less a limb is no less a person. God is present in every form.

I don't mean that you are smarter than icdchris, but perhaps, in your research and debate as a theist, have developed a more reasoned view on the matter compared to "losing a limb is God giving you a new mode of experience".

I quite like your idea. Frubals.

icdchris

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

To answer the replies that state I am self centered. Oh course I am self centered, everyone is. We view the world based on our standards and those standards tend to be self centered unless you are the Buddha.

Anyone placing a thought or reply on this post is expressing their opinion, even if they perceive it to be fact it is still opinion. The fact that I believe I have talked to God and that it has given my many answers (most which I didn't like) is still my opinion that God talked to me.

I put my thoughts on these posts in hope that it will find an audience for those that will think about it and comment, I don't care what they comment on as long as it furthers the dialog.

As to the personal attacks, they are meaningless, immature and not productive to the discourse. If you don't like what I write, tell me why, not in an offensive manner but in a constructive dialog to see if my thoughts have validity to others or to you.

God is talking to many people and God wants us to know that we are on a path, a path that will take us to very uniquer and meaningful experiences. What is important to know is that my path is not yours. Organized religion served its purpose in the past but for many or us now, it no longer serves and God wants me to know that thats ok. Its also OK for those that need it as their journey is not mine.

Lets keep the dialog going in a constructive manner. ( so speaketh the self center authoritarian LOL)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
icdchris: Well for starters, instead of announcing your personal beliefs as though they were fact, try throwing in an "In my opinion," or "I believe." It makes you sound a little less as though you think you are the world's authority on reality. The people can talk about why you belief what you do, whether they agree, and so forth.

For example, you announce that God is talking to people. Do you assert this as fact? If so, do you have any support for this bold statement? I doubt it very much; why should I accept your statement? If you have some support, state it. Or, if this is just your personal belief, then at least what you base your belief on , at a minumum.

icdchris

Thanks for that reply, very good one.

Yes, I announce that God talked to me as fact. I make that assertion because I have witnessed it. The fact that you have not experienced it does not refute that fact that I experienced but it also does not prove this as a fact exactly because you did not experience it. If you child tells you that that love you and tell you to have a great day, you could go to work knowing that for a fact, your child loves you and told you to have a great day. If you convey that to someone such as you in these dialogs, you would ask for proof that the child said these things. Again, fact for one person does not convey fact for others.

I believe in the words that this being has told me because I have bee looking for over 30 years to find it but was always disappointed in religion. I was not "looking" for the answers, I was and am happy in my life. This being has told me many things that I do not like NOR sis I believe in such as reincarnation, Scientology, religion, evil, A.I. cloning and such. The reason why this being told me that it approached me was that I stopped looking.
I am not trying to change anyone, if you don't believe, fine, don't believe, it has no bearing on your soul nor your life. What you experience in life, no matter how long you life will be something that will make you MORE, whatever you believe it or not.

Here is a few questions I have for you. Why are you here on this earth? Why do you have morals if there is no underlying structure for it? Do you agree with John Locke or David Hume?

I would love to hear your thoughts on the Great dialog instead of only your criticism (although I do enjoy them too).

Hit me with your logic and lets see where this grand dialog leads us.

ICDChris

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
icdchris: Well for starters, instead of announcing your personal beliefs as though they were fact, try throwing in an "In my opinion," or "I believe." It makes you sound a little less as though you think you are the world's authority on reality.
:rolleyes: No offense, but opinions are properly stated as if fact, just as you have here in this post I'm replying to, and as I have in reply.

If you can't tell the difference, it's not his fault.

icdchris

(From Wikipedia)

Fact:

Generally, a fact is defined as something that is true, something that actually exists, or something that can be verified according to an established standard of evaluation

Opinion,

An opinion is a person's idea and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgement or evaluation of something. An opinion is not a fact, because opinions are either not falifiable, or the opinion has not been proven or verified. If it later becomes proven or verified, it is no longer an opinion, but a fact.

Now, I have stated that I have talked to God ( witness is someone who has firsthand knowledge about a crime or dramatic event through their sense ) so when I make a statement on something, I am stating a Fact in my reference but as I can not prove it to you you should consider it an opinion. I will not change my perceptions to fit yours and don't ask you to change your to fit mine.

LOL we can debate Entomology of facts and opinions or we can focus on the merits of my thoughts and yours. I hope you challenge the propositions I have made and although I don't wish to lecture, I hope our discussions will lead to a more enlightened group, including myself.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Hey!

I just had a thought.

Why do you suppose God even bothers to heal the occasional sufferer of cancer?

I mean, according to ICDChris, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, so why would God ever bother to save anyone from anything?

And yet, we constantly hear of how He took the time to heal someone that was suffering from something.

Curious, that.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
AN argument that many make in arguing that Prayer doesn't work is the question of amputees. If God really answered prayers of sick people why doesn't he(he for the purpose only for indicating God but not as a male) grow an amputees limb back?

Answer: It doesn't matter that the person lost a limb. You are here on this earth to experience things that will make you grow. Losing a limb, getting cancer, being tortured, raped or killed are things that have no long term effect on your soul.

Does Prayer work? sometimes there are beings (call them Angels if you like) that can effect small changes to our bodies to help in fighting some diseases and yes, even cancer but God does not intervene, it is another being.

If you want to know the answers to Cloning, Artificial Intelligence, life in the Universe, what you are doing here and more, just ask.:yes:
Icdchris I hope you take this as constructive and not as a personal attack.....You started with your OP, sorry but the sentence structure was not good and I had to read it several times to get the thought. Maybe it was clear to others, but not to me. You asked why God doesn't grow back a limb on an amputee? The same could be said for those with a bad heart, instead of a heart transplant, why doesn't God just automatically give them a new heart, after all he made us to start with right?
It's easy to say you believe in a higher power when everything is going fine, but how easy is it to believe when you've reached the bottom and everything seems hopeless.
Then you say does prayer work? You seem to be inserting so many different thoughts that it becomes confusing.....You made it sound like cancer, rape, losing a limb, or being killed was no big deal, then at the end you mention that it has no long term effect on the soul. Are you trying to give the message, that you can kill or harm the body, but you will never kill someone's soul especially that of a Christian?
That I can understand, but it wasn't coming out that way to the readers.
Then you ask if prayer works? Then the fact that there are angels or beings that have "small" effects on our body, but God does not intervene. Too much conflict in your statements.......Then you jump to cloning, artificial intelligence and life in the universe and say if we want to know the answers just ask. You came across like you had all the answers, another reason for negative response. Were you indicating that if a person wants these answers that we should ask, or pray to get answers? Not referring to the fact that you had all the answers, right?
Don't go with so many different thoughts when you do a post, better one good complete descriptive statement than a page of meaningless yak.
I'm trying to be constructive not critical.......;)
"Amputee's question why God doesn't heal" something like this would peak my interest more......Thank you and I hope your next post goes well for you.....

Last edited:

icdchris

Dear Charity,

Great reply and thanks for calling me to task. I hope to answer you and the few others.

God really doesn't care about Cancer, Rape, Murder and Evil as we perceive it. We look at these HORRIBLE things in the present while God looks at the big picture. If a child is born and from that moment it was born it suffered all his or her life and lived until they were 100 it would mean very very little to the soul of that person as the soul of that person will live for countless billions of years. Why does it even matter? Because while that person is experiencing a terrible life, he or she is experiencing something that will make that person MORE. We talk about sayings like, "that which does not destroy us makes us stronger" and we could use that in this case. To jump to why we are here argument then that will be brought up, you are on this Earth only once as the person you are, the "Soul" that inhabits your body is like a blank recorder. This is kind of like Buddhism but without the Skandas concept.

As to my ramblings, it was an effort to get someone to ask something so I can share MY ideas, thoughts and opinions (some based on personal facts LOL)

God has never healed one person on this Earth as it doesn't matter. The fact (or opinion) that some people were healed (or claim that) can be attributed to beings that have used all their efforts to make very small changes that might or might not help that person. Ask anyone, it is much easier to destroy a few cell rather then regrow billions into a new arm or leg.

Sp my answer (opinion) is that prayer works for those that use it as a cathartic exercise and for possible communication to beings (angels?) that try to help in a small way.

As to your overall critic, I am ok with it, I don't' care about the sentence structure as long as the message is conveyed. Feel free to ask, critic or what ever you wish if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks again for the great post.

icdchris

Great Movie, Inherit the Wind,

God believes in Intelligent Design, its called EVOLUTION. IT's funny that the proponents need to argue that each is mutually exclusive...lol

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Great Movie, Inherit the Wind,
We are in agreement.

God believes in Intelligent Design, its called EVOLUTION.
How does one know what God believes?

IT's funny that the proponents need to argue that each is mutually exclusive...lol
I find it odd that a person would equate the two. One is man's attempt to explain the natural laws that govern the diversity of life on earth, and the other is an attempt to disavow the need to understand those very same natural laws.

icdchris

If one listens to both sides of the ID and Evolution agrument from a totally nuetral stance, one can see that each brings some solid arguments. Yes, Evolution is Man's attempt to explain the diversity of life and yes, ID tries to disavow it with arguments that can not be defined right now but what if there was a creator that put evolution into play with only small tweaks here and there. Most people are biased on the weak and strong theory of entropy to think we were the end result (so far). What if God didn't care what evolved? This can explain all the evolution and what if God (not being a deist) make small changes here and right so things could be put in motion to make anything (therefore us)

A thought

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
If one listens to both sides of the ID and Evolution agrument from a totally nuetral stance, one can see that each brings some solid arguments. Yes, Evolution is Man's attempt to explain the diversity of life and yes, ID tries to disavow it with arguments that can not be defined right now but what if there was a creator that put evolution into play with only small tweaks here and there. Most people are biased on the weak and strong theory of entropy to think we were the end result (so far). What if God didn't care what evolved? This can explain all the evolution and what if God (not being a deist) make small changes here and right so things could be put in motion to make anything (therefore us)

A thought

If God doesn't care what evolves, why would we call him God? In that case, your God looks remarkably like the random mutations of evolution.

As a followup thought - if God doesn't care what evolves why would he ever "tweak" his creation (here and there), as you submit?

To be honest, I find that such hypothetical questions really strain credulity. But then again, in fairness to you, I find the entire concept of a God to strain credulity, so I guess that you have every right to twist, bend, fold, spindle and mutilate rational thought in the pursuit of vindication for your contentions.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

A thought
People: God's Tinker Toys.