• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The answer to why God doesnt heal Amputees

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
icdchris said:
Answer: It doesn't matter that the person lost a limb. You are here on this earth to experience things that will make you grow. Losing a limb, getting cancer, being tortured, raped or killed are things that have no long term effect on your soul.

So, your answer to the question is that God never heals anybody? :sarcastic Are you sure you understand the point of the question, "why doesn't God heal amputees?" The idea is that if God healed an amputee, there would be proof that some greater force is influencing human life. God always operates just beyond our observation, or so believers claim.

Your last sentence is what is poisonous about religion. Religion tends to trivialize life and make excuses for a uncaring God. It sickens me to my core when you attempt to make rape seem like leaves blowing in the wind in an attempt to defend God. Watch Лиля 4-Ever or Trade and tell me rape is trivial! Lord have mercy if we judged God by the same standard we judge each other.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Though what I think ICD might be trying to say is that no person, no matter what has happened, is spiritually disadvantaged to anyone else. I think ICD is also saying that God does not let us (our souls) play in a playground where we might be hurt (spiritually, that is), like a good parent wouldn't let their child play in a playground full of needles and broken glass.

Is that what you're saying or have I missed the gist of it?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Solution? remove the attachment to your extremities, and you'll no longer be worried

OR you could remove the limb and no longer be attached XD

Actually..Im not worried..I have my arms and legs..But if I didnt I sure as heck would miss them...

I hope that doesnt make me sound spoiled or superficial..

The "attachment" isn't so much to the actual flesh..But what I use them for that I would greatly miss...

Love
Dallas

icdchris

Excellent point Father Heathen and one that I agree WHOLE heartedly. But, the Greek Historian Herodus, the Father of History, said that studied the past gives us an idea of not only why we are here at this place and time but a raod map to teh fuutre.

religion has always been mankinds attempt to explain the unexplainable and to help develop guildines for moral behavior. Please note that I am not justifying it only pointing it out for historical refrence. It is much more difficult to apply moral parameters outside that environment. I am not saying right or wrong. I agree we should be governed by our own standards and frankly, God doesn't care what standard we use becuase in the end, all paths will lead to God.

I do not tell Christians, Muslins, Jews, Hindus Buddist or anyone what path they should take. Given that we have almost an infinite amount of time to travel, all paths lead there and God simply tells me not to worry about other folks but to communicate to others that might share my values. I am not starting a church, God is done with that, Mohammad was the last Prophet, he doesn't need anymore "miracle men" because it is now time for all of us that are ready to accept that we are growing up. I accept that if someone kills me or my family that I will meet them in the future and share the travels I went on while they went on theirs. Families are like that, we grow up and come together for reunions and talk about all the great things that happened.

Am I a Prophet? lol NO, just a regular guy that God said was ready to here a message that frankly I didn't like. I hate reincarnation, I hate religion, I hate evil and injustice and I hate Scientology but God told me I was wrong about all of them. ( lol No I am not a Scientologist but there is a reason why CERTAIN people feel that call for them) and NO I will not be asking for money, lol any religion that asks for money should really think about what they are doing? Why doesn't God just give them the money? ( and no I will not be asking God for money because he doesn't care if I succeed as he is very patient.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Nice quote of Jefferson,
Thanks.

The fact that someone might claim to have the answer does not desire rebuke but understanding for what it is and what it not.[/quote] Oh believe me, I understand exactly what your answer is--and what it is not.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
God is there.
Again, I don't understand how any of us got along before icdchris came along to clue us in to reality. Thanks, chris. btw, any special reason I should take the word of some anonymous person on the internet, with no argument, evidence, logic, support, or anything else? Is that your general practice? If I tell you that my personal private tiny fairy exists, do you take my word for it?
The fact that God does not take an active role in your life does not mean anything but that.
Well it means that at best He's completely irrelevant, and at worst non-existent, so I guess I'll stop bothering with the entire concept. Thanks.
I am not a deist, nor is God, as we find that we are a very small role in the scale of the Universe we need to come to understand that there are hundreds of millions of worlds with countless people (beings) that are on the same path to growing. The fact that most religions hold the should or spirit to be eternal ( in our perception) shows that God wants us to find a message that we can each understand.
How exactly does it show that?

You want to understand God or reject that which you don't understand, either way he doesn't care because he knows the long term and your perception based on a few decades living on the little world in the edge of an average Galaxy doesn't go along way.
This may amaze you but I want neither to understand nor reject something that I don't believe exists.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Excellent point Father Heathen and one that I agree WHOLE heartedly. But, the Greek Historian Herodus, the Father of History, said that studied the past gives us an idea of not only why we are here at this place and time but a raod map to teh fuutre.

religion has always been mankinds attempt to explain the unexplainable and to help develop guildines for moral behavior. Please note that I am not justifying it only pointing it out for historical refrence. It is much more difficult to apply moral parameters outside that environment. I am not saying right or wrong. I agree we should be governed by our own standards and frankly, God doesn't care what standard we use becuase in the end, all paths will lead to God.

I do not tell Christians, Muslins, Jews, Hindus Buddist or anyone what path they should take. Given that we have almost an infinite amount of time to travel, all paths lead there and God simply tells me not to worry about other folks but to communicate to others that might share my values. I am not starting a church, God is done with that, Mohammad was the last Prophet, he doesn't need anymore "miracle men" because it is now time for all of us that are ready to accept that we are growing up. I accept that if someone kills me or my family that I will meet them in the future and share the travels I went on while they went on theirs. Families are like that, we grow up and come together for reunions and talk about all the great things that happened.

Am I a Prophet? lol NO, just a regular guy that God said was ready to here a message that frankly I didn't like. I hate reincarnation, I hate religion, I hate evil and injustice and I hate Scientology but God told me I was wrong about all of them. ( lol No I am not a Scientologist but there is a reason why CERTAIN people feel that call for them) and NO I will not be asking for money, lol any religion that asks for money should really think about what they are doing? Why doesn't God just give them the money? ( and no I will not be asking God for money because he doesn't care if I succeed as he is very patient.

I don't know what else you may be, but you are certainly self-centered and dying for attention, or else suffer under the misapprehension that the rest of us are fascinated to learn all about YOU YOU YOU. What makes you think we have the slightest interest in what you like or don't like? I thought you were going to tell us why God exists and is all-loving and all-powerful, but can't be arsed to grow some poor kid's legs back. Apparently you don't find other people's legs very important. Somehow I think if they were your legs, you'd see it differently.

Troublemane

hey m8, just pointing out it was Heroditus, not Herodus. Not nit-picking really just helping you out. :D
Herodotus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree. Since God is omnipotent and omnisceint, we cannot help but do his will. Being aware of Gods presence however is not as easy, and has to be worked for. :D

Thats good, there have been way too many people who think they have all the answers, telling others what to believe. Waco comes to mind, as does Jonestown.

Of course, he is. He is existence itself, so long as there is existence there will be Awareness, and Deity. However, there is nothing wrong with being a prophet. The term means "singer" of righteousneous. The old testament prophets were something like critics, rebuking the people to get right with God. Its why they were often killed. :D

They do have a purpose, that of reminding us that God is all of existence, and everyone you meet is part of the divine. That means you are part of the divine as well, so dont get freaked out when you find out how sacred you are, its natural. :angel2:

icdchris

Dear Darkness,

I do not mean to trivializes Rape as an event that happens. I only mean to point out that since I believe my Soul will leave for countless ages, million and millions of years, an event such as Rape, Murder or anything that is heinous can be better put in perspective. Without demeaning it but giving an analogy, when you were a child, say 3 or 4 years old and wanted a piece of candy but your mom or dad said no, it was the end of the world as you knew it then. It doesn't lessen the pain you felt then nor the importance of THAT moment. Living to the age of 100, you would not look back at your life and feel the same way about that event. That is all I am inferring. In a million years, you will have a different feeling about that HORRIBLE event.

I hope this helps clarify

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
icd: It's my signature. Do you have a problem with it? I have been using it for a while; it's probably due for a change.

icdchris

Dear Trouble,

Great response.

Yes Thanks for the spell checker there.

No, I am not a singer, I am one voice and I am looking for others. We stand on the platform of a new era in mankind and it is up to us, not God to decide how we proceed. God is like a laid back dad now, he doesn't need to scare the **** out of us to point us in the right direction, we as humans on this earth are comming out of the childish ideas that were right for us then (and stillright for many that are not ready) to an age of enlightenment.

In some ways, remember when we were young and still believed in Santa? that was a magical time and many still want. I like knowing that there is no real Santa but that people that I love and care for love and care for me and give me gifts. I know that God's plan for us is to give us the space we need so that in the fullness of time we will reach him and when we do, we will have a ****load of experiences to share with all the people we love and have loved us.

Thanks again for your reply, i enjoyed it very much

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Does Prayer work? sometimes there are beings (call them Angels if you like) that can effect small changes to our bodies to help in fighting some diseases and yes, even cancer but God does not intervene, it is another being

How do you know that it is other beings making the small changes and not God? Maybe it's neither. How did you reach this conclusion?