• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 144,000

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Huh? You are really getting esoteric here. Why would it mean 'completion upon completion', contextually? How many ideas are you mixing up in this?

Yes yes those ''theologians'', many wrong ideas are presented by some of them.
We used numbers symbolically, although much less so nowadays. Since "144,000" would not be written then as we do today, it pretty much "speaks" of a more symbolic meaning, which is what "twelve twelves thousands" would likely speak to.

Throughout the scriptures, certain numbers are repeated time and time again, such as 3, 7, 12, 40, and 1000, or variations of those combined. Each of these numbers has a symbolic meaning, although we still have to be careful that the number may be just used as a real number.

What I presented was not my opinion but the opinion of at least some theologians who have analyzed them and put them back into the cultural milieu of the day. For us almost 2000 years later, this breakdown may seem strange, but then what we do today in some areas would likely seem strange 2000 years ago.

Cateau

Giovanni Pico & Della Barba Devotee
I believe the HS is more like the Exorcist but not demon possession; God possession. I believe conscience is your own spirit which may be bad or good having learned many things over many lifetimes.
Aha.....you couldn't of said it any better....srsly why that film lol. The HS in the triune is Michael the arch malak. It can't be one's own spirit......b/c that ones newerish than the one telling you to be good and when you are being bad and how to go about things. It's more supportive than you yourself about ones self so how can it be you? If it were around many lifetimes...it should be perfect by then, srsly. Having made every mistake in the book by that time. I know some evil spirits are sent likewise good, sometimes some come attached at birth. I dont think demons and angels work the same way with everyone, depends on the senses used to communicate. The devils on ones shoulder get the best of your emotions but its not possession just getting the best of you and knowing how to push your buttons for a certain outcome.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Aha.....you couldn't of said it any better....srsly why that film lol. The HS in the triune is Michael the arch malak. It can't be one's own spirit......b/c that ones newerish than the one telling you to be good and when you are being bad and how to go about things. It's more supportive than you yourself about ones self so how can it be you? If it were around many lifetimes...it should be perfect by then, srsly. Having made every mistake in the book by that time. I know some evil spirits are sent likewise good, sometimes some come attached at birth. I dont think demons and angels work the same way with everyone, depends on the senses used to communicate. The devils on ones shoulder get the best of your emotions but its not possession just getting the best of you and knowing how to push your buttons for a certain outcome.

That film earned me a demon but not possession. Having it bother me was bad enough.

I believe that is irrelevant and untrue.

I believe ones spirit can do this for ones mind. I also believe ones spirit can override the mind at times as well. Certainly the Holy Spirit in Jesus overrode the mind that did not want to suffer on the cross.

I believe you need to realize that there are two selves: the physical self most represented by the mind and the spiritual self.

I believe as it says in the book of Proverbs "a dog will return to its vomit", so it is with those who never seem to learn the lessons that life teaches.

Cateau

That film earned me a demon but not possession. Having it bother me was bad enough.

I believe that is irrelevant and untrue.

I believe ones spirit can do this for ones mind. I also believe ones spirit can override the mind at times as well. Certainly the Holy Spirit in Jesus overrode the mind that did not want to suffer on the cross.

I believe you need to realize that there are two selves: the physical self most represented by the mind and the spiritual self.

I believe as it says in the book of Proverbs "a dog will return to its vomit", so it is with those who never seem to learn the lessons that life teaches.

How does one earn a demon? Just by seeing, hearing, ect...things about them? Goodness we earn them without so much as trying. I imagine legions are the worst. As of late I havnt be eager to go to the theater, I guess that's why lol. But I mean when you are in your own head talking, you know when you are speaking to your own idiot self and when something other is. Musnt that be why the HS is called the comforter or an angel is referred to as a guardian. If a spirit is thousands of years old....and its still eating vomit.....its insane and an evil spirit. Seek counsel. It is not irrelevant and untrue, Michael is the only malak that does not forbid worship in the Bible, either he is of the triune or he's a demon for allowing it, to which he'd already be cast out yet hasn't. He didn't suffer on a cross.... It was a tree trunk. He didn't need himself to tell himself what He already knew, we need Him to tell us what we forget all the time or don't know.

Muffled

Jesus in me
How does one earn a demon? Just by seeing, hearing, ect...things about them? Goodness we earn them without so much as trying. I imagine legions are the worst. As of late I havnt be eager to go to the theater, I guess that's why lol. But I mean when you are in your own head talking, you know when you are speaking to your own idiot self and when something other is. Musnt that be why the HS is called the comforter or an angel is referred to as a guardian. If a spirit is thousands of years old....and its still eating vomit.....its insane and an evil spirit. Seek counsel. It is not irrelevant and untrue, Michael is the only malak that does not forbid worship in the Bible, either he is of the triune or he's a demon for allowing it, to which he'd already be cast out yet hasn't. He didn't suffer on a cross.... It was a tree trunk. He didn't need himself to tell himself what He already knew, we need Him to tell us what we forget all the time or don't know.

I believe I earned mine by believing a lie that was stated in the film and because my theology was insufficient at the time. My wife earned hers by thinking a ouija board answering her questions was harmless (also a lie).

I believe I am less vulnerable today because the Holy Spirit protects me.

Please refresh my memory since I do not remember Him doing that.

I don't believe that is the case. Things and people can be worshiped but only God can be worshiped as God. I believe there was an angel who didn't wish to be worshiped and I can understand that since angels are servants.

I believe that concept is contrary to scripture.

I believe He already knew but that does not mean the flesh was willing.

Cateau

I believe I earned mine by believing a lie that was stated in the film and because my theology was insufficient at the time. My wife earned hers by thinking a ouija board answering her questions was harmless (also a lie).

I believe I am less vulnerable today because the Holy Spirit protects me.

Please refresh my memory since I do not remember Him doing that.

I don't believe that is the case. Things and people can be worshiped but only God can be worshiped as God. I believe there was an angel who didn't wish to be worshiped and I can understand that since angels are servants.

I believe that concept is contrary to scripture.

I believe He already knew but that does not mean the flesh was willing.

What lie was that? Maybe the Jehovah's witnesses weren't exaggerating about all that stear clear of bad TV shows and devil's music. Although I don't see the harm in reading, lest its a spell book lol. Here is a site search with articles of the HS, Michael of the triune in Amazing Facts with Doug Bachelor: Site Search | Amazing Facts
Inicially AF was contrary to this themselves but on another site I had read about this and it also mentioned that hell was not eternal and AF at the time was teaching that it was so I showed them the original site I had found this out on and they now made their own articles, albeit it did take a lot of convincing to get them to even read about it they now concluded the same. There's still a lot more I'd of liked them to look into like the whole tree trunk thing among others but they were ignoring me by then lol they have that whole Catholic Church mentality of not throwing so much information on the people or they will shatter their reality.

metis

He didn't suffer on a cross.... It was a tree trunk.
The Romans used the stake only for impaling, plus the early church always had it that Jesus was crucified on a cross whereas the cross-member was not attached at first but then bolted onto the up-right. As far as archaeologists know, impaling was not used in eretz Israel.

There's still a lot more I'd of liked them to look into like the whole tree trunk thing among others but they were ignoring me by then lol they have that whole Catholic Church mentality of not throwing so much information on the people or they will shatter their reality.
What's the above supposed to mean, if you don't mind.

Cateau

The Romans used the stake only for impaling, plus the early church always had it that Jesus was crucified on a cross whereas the cross-member was not attached at first but then bolted onto the up-right. As far as archaeologists know, impaling was not used in eretz Israel.

I mean.

I mean it's easier to cover up something than to come out with it....although a pope did confess to alien life already but I didnt see it in the news. As an example. I guess to say hell isn't eternal they would think ppl would sin more, I dunno, point is its harder for churches to say what is actually in scripture than not.

metis

I mean.

I mean it's easier to cover up something than to come out with it....although a pope did confess to alien life already but I didnt see it in the news. As an example. I guess to say hell isn't eternal they would think ppl would sin more, I dunno, point is its harder for churches to say what is actually in scripture than not.
Thanks for the clarification.

By chance are you Italian? My wife was born and raised in Sicily, and we've spent some time there and in the rest of Italia.

Cateau

Thanks for the clarification.

By chance are you Italian? My wife was born and raised in Sicily, and we've spent some time there and in the rest of Italia.

As of yet I haven't taken a genealogy test, till then I guess I can't call myself anything. But anything is possible, I' ll let you know when I get the results. I just share more thoughts with Italian writers of past centuries than other cultures of today regarding scripture, of course not in everything but its like wow finally someone who gets me lol.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What lie was that? Maybe the Jehovah's witnesses weren't exaggerating about all that stear clear of bad TV shows and devil's music. Although I don't see the harm in reading, lest its a spell book lol. Here is a site search with articles of the HS, Michael of the triune in Amazing Facts with Doug Bachelor: Site Search | Amazing Facts
Inicially AF was contrary to this themselves but on another site I had read about this and it also mentioned that hell was not eternal and AF at the time was teaching that it was so I showed them the original site I had found this out on and they now made their own articles, albeit it did take a lot of convincing to get them to even read about it they now concluded the same. There's still a lot more I'd of liked them to look into like the whole tree trunk thing among others but they were ignoring me by then lol they have that whole Catholic Church mentality of not throwing so much information on the people or they will shatter their reality.

I believe the lie was that I was guilty of my sin and related to the remorse of the young priest.

I believe I did and that is not strictly a JW belief. The problem was that my wife wasn't saved and dragged me to the movie. As Paul says a married person tries to please the wife.

I believe I found an article that said that Jesus was not Michael.

It depends what one means by eternal. If one means a person stays in Hell and never leaves I don't believe that. If it means there is no time so it seems like an eternity then I would agree with that.

Cateau

I believe the lie was that I was guilty of my sin and related to the remorse of the young priest.

I believe I did and that is not strictly a JW belief. The problem was that my wife wasn't saved and dragged me to the movie. As Paul says a married person tries to please the wife.

I believe I found an article that said that Jesus was not Michael.

It depends what one means by eternal. If one means a person stays in Hell and never leaves I don't believe that. If it means there is no time so it seems like an eternity then I would agree with that.

Well we are guilty until we repent...to our creator not to a mediator except of the triune be it the HS or the Son which are diff forms of the same presence. But to confess to a statue or priest does not mean we are absolved of sin, now that's a lie. Perception is reality but only to the universal consciousness does Eternity exist. One is NVR really in the present but its contrary to His nature to make hell a permanent place as Satan and his angles will be destroyed in the lake of fire its hard to see that misunderstanding much more to preach it. There will always be articles for every point of view but to study and relate it based on who the Father is and specifics pointing to something that may be obscured in paraboles is another thing. If you have a conviction best listen but not everyone figures things in another's time but their own. As some are new born agains and need a different "supplement" matures can digest more raw information, at times its still hard for me to believe or take in somethings but one must make their own conclusions after testing the spirit in man who speaks after the scriptures through articles or what have you.