• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 144,000

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
is that correct to think?
It depends what is within the soul, to what projects within the whole of the person; as saying, not everyone can look past the outer garments, and often we're taught to live by our ego in this world....

So there is a dangerous potential in what I've said for people to become very judgemental, and be blatantly wrong about people due to genetics, and not enough understanding of these differences.

Like any study of biology, everything is not always as it seems... The fluffy caterpillar could be poisonous; the smooth skin could be a snake.

So the crooked nose on its own, doesn't give the game away, it is the spacing between the eyes, the distance between the brow, and the shape of the brow is a huge clue, with it showing many viruses mankind can propagate within themselves.

It's like if you can see the angle of the eye someone glances at others from, that links right back to their soul, and it all shows in it subtle changes to the face over time.

Anyways teaching you to see this isn't a good thing, as there are too many dodgy people out there :smilingimp:, and very few who maintain the innocence of a child within their outlook. :innocent:

Cateau

Giovanni Pico & Della Barba Devotee
It depends what is within the soul, to what projects within the whole of the person; as saying, not everyone can look past the outer garments, and often we're taught to live by our ego in this world....

So there is a dangerous potential in what I've said for people to become very judgemental, and be blatantly wrong about people due to genetics, and not enough understanding of these differences.

Like any study of biology, everything is not always as it seems... The fluffy caterpillar could be poisonous; the smooth skin could be a snake.

So the crooked nose on its own, doesn't give the game away, it is the spacing between the eyes, the distance between the brow, and the shape of the brow is a huge clue, with it showing many viruses mankind can propagate within themselves.

It's like if you can see the angle of the eye someone glances at others from, that links right back to their soul, and it all shows in it subtle changes to the face over time.

Anyways teaching you to see this isn't a good thing, as there are too many dodgy people out there :smilingimp:, and very few who maintain the innocence of a child within their outlook. :innocent:
I can sense a bad person, like a dog who barks at ghosts lol but to see it from oh ur face says it all perspective nope. But each to his own skill set.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Well in the commentary it said it was where souls rested before the coming of the Messiah, where they resided after idk, maybe the second level of hell....also in tobias though what does it mean do you think that a devil is restrained in a desert? Where are they like another dimension in the desert

I skimmed the Book of Tobias, however, did not read it in /study

That is not actually ''Hell''. /Per-translation, 'Hell' becomes a general word to describe more than one scenario. This usage would, most likely, actually mean, just resting before judgement, which is pretty standard in understanding of the afterlife, in some of Christianity. So, it isn't really 'Hell'', at all.
After judgement, there is a 'Hell/s/'; and there is more than one Hell, in the Bible.

I am not sure of that demon reference, it could be /literal, or it could be non-literal, as you speculated.

Last edited:

Cateau

I skimmed the Book of Tobias, however, did not read it in /study

That is not actually ''Hell''. /Per-translation, 'Hell' becomes a general word to describe more than one scenario. This usage would, most likely, actually mean, just resting before judgement, which is pretty standard in understanding of the afterlife, in some of Christianity. So, it isn't really 'Hell'', at all.
After judgement, there is a 'Hell/s/'; and there is more than one Hell, in the Bible.

I am not sure of that demon reference, it could be /literal, or it could be non-literal, as you speculated.
Hmm, I would be bothered if my grandparents spoke like that, ohh I want my soul to rest in hell.....what kinda language lol. Strange times. If it were literal, maybe it got put in a genie lamp? :D or maybe they are responsible for mirages. I reckon they get bored in the desert.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hmm, I would be bothered if my grandparents spoke like that, ohh I want my soul to rest in hell.....what kinda language lol. Strange times. If it were literal, maybe it got put in a genie lamp? :D or maybe they are responsible for mirages. I reckon they get bored in the desert.

Yeah lol. I think it's matter of words being translated generally, but, if this instance of 'Hell' is not in the context of something negative, and it's the afterlife, (presumably) , it just means resting before judgement.

Actually, we encounter similar issues in other parts of the NT, ie ''Hell'' used for a couple different concepts; we know which 'hell' is being referred to, contextually, if it isn't specified.

Muffled

Jesus in me
But that already happened when the world flooded, there had to be massive quakes to get the atmosphere to rain for weeks on end by propulsion of water, like underwater volcanos. And the rainbow is a sign that it won't occur again, not worldwide. Although yeah, prepare for San Andres lol. Maybe we will go out like the Dino's. It would make a big bang. And there was no promise against fire.....I prefer it against water he he.

If an asteroid hit a plate junction it would send the plates into a tizzy.

Muffled

Jesus in me
144,000 are those that shall make it through the Great Tribulation on earth, soon.....The rest surrounding the throne in Heaven, can't be numbered:

Revelation 7:4-9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude, which no man could count, out of every nation and of all tribes, peoples, and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands.

All the saints are to reign on earth, and the rest who are numbered like the sands of the sea are to be removed.

"Those whom are defiled by marriage, and those who've remained separated to God." :innocent:

I don't believe there is any evidence to support this view.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If he can have a "bride" why can't humans. Having partners not just in marriage can be detrimental, if u r unequally yoked. I'd prefer there's marriage to knocking ng up ones maid servent....no offense abraham
I believe it wasn't Abraham's idea; it was Sarah's. She laughed because she didn't have faith in God to provide her a son.

Cateau

Yeah lol. I think it's matter of words being translated generally, but, if this instance of 'Hell' is not in the context of something negative, and it's the afterlife, (presumably) , it just means resting before judgement.

Actually, we encounter similar issues in other parts of the NT, ie ''Hell'' used for a couple different concepts; we know which 'hell' is being referred to, contextually, if it isn't specified.
Yeah Job uses it to refer to death also. Except I don't know that they rest there, according to him. Is Job a parable, first off? I got the idea that ghosts are not the real person but an illusion of them, I guess good angles use them too as in Tobias one used identity theft. But Job seems to lead to the idea that the soul are roaming about, sure in "hell" but even so isn't that alluding to ghosts? Unless it is a parable.... If not one....I feel like its that one scene from "To Kill a Mockingbird" when Scout sees her heroic lawyer father Atticus out of sport shooting a dog...just totally out of character of what you first thought of someone. But the dog had rabis, what did Job have lol. Also I would think after his fall Satan and his demons couldn't go to god's presence without dying. Considering man can't, imagine that guy.

Cateau

I believe it wasn't Abraham's idea; it was Sarah's. She laughed because she didn't have faith in God to provide her a son.
I know, however having many kids and many wives...concubines, maidservents, sister-wives, whatever you wanna call them always leads to troublesome things. Like that case, they then sent her off alone to die in the desert.....now there's that issuing war of Islam and Judaism. Then David, his kid murders his half brother to become king, Solomon. And has his son killed Absalom, because he was in a rage doing immoral things to his father because he would have no justice for his sister's rape from his half brother. Now I'm wondering was it an Eve in the garden or a Steve lol....Steve would a never done him dirty like that.

Cateau

Well ezekiel's flying machine surely had a pilot,
unfortunately the drawings are a bit rough; so others could do better.
Make a great sci-fi movie!
Yeah....it'd be kinda rough to draw god riding in a space craft lol. Why don't micheal or the Son need one I wonder.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Yeah....it'd be kinda rough to draw god riding in a space craft lol. Why don't micheal or the Son need one I wonder.
There is a recurring religious motif of the cultural hero deity soaring through nature (the sky, the ocean, even the cosmos) in some kind of "storm chariot". It is often part of a more elaborate religious motif called chaoskampt depicting the cultural hero deity riding into battle in his storm chariot against some kind of chaos dragon.

Cateau

There is a recurring religious motif of the cultural hero deity soaring through nature (the sky, the ocean, even the cosmos) in some kind of "storm chariot". It is often part of a more elaborate religious motif called chaoskampt depicting the cultural hero deity riding into battle in his storm chariot against some kind of chaos dragon.
Most things are reccuring in religion, it can attest to being an actual happening with so many testimonies exacting the same occurance, or it can be taken as the same fable repeated throughout history. But I don't believe in coincidences.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I think it less disturbing to be a UFO than a fused animal human with wings.

The Lamassu in ancient Mesopotamia and the Sphinxes portrayed in ancient Greece and Egypt share many similarities with the biblical Cherubim and were likely the primary inspiration not only behind their appearance but in their symbolism.

That, and it is a common occurance in religion and mythology to depict human-like beings imbued with the defining attributes of the greatest or most feared creatures of the land.

Cateau

The Lamassu in ancient Mesopotamia and the Sphinxes portrayed in ancient Greece and Egypt share many similarities with the biblical Cherubim and were likely the primary inspiration not only behind their appearance but in their symbolism.

That, and it is a common occurance in religion and mythology to depict human-like beings imbued with the defining attributes of the greatest or most feared creatures of the land.
Angels wings are symbolic of being close by. I haven't so far read a depiction of winged ones when they visited. Although some lion faced warriors fought against are told to be actual hybrids, depends if one is open to the whole advanced ancient civilizations that one could incure it to be as so after the fall of the sons of god. That'd be where nymphs come in, fairies/changlings, minotaurs, aliens and the stories there of.