• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me why my personal belief is wrong

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
My world-view is non-dual and therefore, atheistic; neither monotheistic nor polytheistic. But Hinduism and other pagan religions are generally polytheistic.

Yeah, depending on the definition of religion that is correct or not correct. You take for granted that your definition is in effect objectively correct and I just use another subjective definition.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, depending on the definition of religion that is correct or not correct. You take for granted that your definition is in effect objectively correct and I just use another subjective definition.
My views never clash with findings of science. I do not know what form non-duality (Advaita) will take in future.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
My views never clash with findings of science. I do not know what form non-duality (Advaita) will take in future.

There is no objective scientific definition of religion. So for what religion is, you are not using science and neither am I. I just know that is the case of both of you and you don't know that.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You may term my views as religious or non-religious. That does not bother me. Since there is no evidence of God or soul and other things that religions mention, I do not subscribe to them. But as I completely agree to the concept of 'dharma' in Hinduism or Buddhism, I label myself as a Hindu.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You may term my views as religious or non-religious. Since there is no evidence of God or soul and other things that religions mention, I do not subscribe to them. But as I completely agree to the concept of 'dharma' in Hinduism or Buddhism, I label myself as a Hindu.

That you don't subscribe is subjective and dualistic in regards in regards to me, as I do differently. You in effect use dualism. You just use right and wrong.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That is very much universal, 'physical energy', constitutes all things in the universe with no exception, in my belief. Is there anything in the universe that is not constituted by 'physical energy'?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
That is very much universal, 'physical energy', constitutes all things in the universe with no exception, in my belief. Is there anything in the universe that is not constituted by 'physical energy'?

No, but everything is not objective. So you reduce everything as objective, intersubjective and subjective for different physical processes down to one physical process and I do another.
You are not the one and only physical process, I am another.
You state as one process, there is one! I simply answer, two.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It can happen that molecules of our two bodies can come together in a third entity. We are not all that different. Be it a human, an animal, some vegetation or even in some non-living substance. The molecules travel far. Just like myself, you too are made up of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, phosphorus, sulphur, sodium, chlorine, magnesium,iron, flourine, zinc, silicon, gallium (by weight, shall I continue - Composition of the human body - Wikipedia, or you would like to see it for yourself).

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It can happen that molecules of our two bodies can come together in a third entity. We are not all that different.

Yeah, but then we are not one, we are something than not being individuals more. If we are one, then we are not individuals as different physical process. Individuality is not an illusion, it is in time, space and process, a limited case. You do that all the time, when you act differently than me. We are both physical as limited cases and you then a limited process declare we are one process, and I just do another another process.

I can play physical too. We are different physical process in a limited sense, but that is real, because otherwise we couldn't do this.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is just a matter of how the molecules are arranged. :D
.. but that is real, ..
You consider it real, I consider it 'maya', illusion. Even atoms and molecules are just an easier way to present them to laymen, basically it is a vast pulsating ocean of 'physical energy'.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It is just a matter of how the molecules are arranged. :D
You consider it real, I consider it 'maya'.

That is not one, that is 2. You and I are not one and you use it as a duality, You and I. That is a duality and not a mono. So you contradict one by claiming two.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Please, in your own words.

Why is my personal religious belief wrong?
Being a Bahai'?

It is wrong because it requires Abrahamic expectations, which are themselves based in a particularly questionable understanding of the role and properties of deities.

And perhaps even more because it expects Dharmic doctrines to conform to that Abrahamic frame somehow.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You and I are not one and you use it as a duality, You and I.
I do not know if you have understood how this is taken up in non-dual Hinduism (Advaita).
The phenomenal world is considered an illusion and is termed as 'Pragmatic Truth' (Vyavaharika Satya). Beyond it is 'Absolute Truth' (Paramarthika Satya).
Duality, you and I, exists in the 'Pragmatic Truth' but not in 'Absolute Truth'. We are different in Vyavaharika, same in Paramarthika.
This is the basic concept in Advaita Hinduism.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I do not know if you have understood how this is taken up in non-dual Hinduism (Advaita).
The phenomenal world is considered an illusion and is termed as 'Pragmatic Truth' (Vyavaharika Satya). Beyond it is 'Absolute Truth' (Paramarthika Satya).
Duality, you and I, exists in the 'Pragmatic Truth' but not in 'Absolute Truth). We are different in Vyavaharika, same in Paramarthika.
This is the basic concept in Advaita Hinduism.

Then you can't know the "Absolute Truth" and thus it functions as a religion, albeit a natural one. Not all religions are supernatural, some are natural.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Then you can't know the "Absolute Truth" and thus it functions as a religion, albeit a natural one. Not all religions are supernatural, some are natural.
There is absolutely nothing hidden about 'Absolute Truth'.
It is very clear that everything that exists in the universe is made up of 'physical energy', and that is Brahman to me (though other 'advaitists' may differ).
Religion to me is 'dharma' (my duties, my obligations). What should be my conduct in life? That is decided by my society and the laws of my country. I accept that.

Last edited: