• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me why my personal belief is wrong

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually, almost everything I see in this world, supports what Jehovah’s Word states, not only about these Last Days, but who’s in control.
How so? And what supports the concept of Jehovah, or the Bible as His word?
As for the last days, people have been predicting them last days since Jesus' time. Didn't Jesus say: " Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom?" -- Matt. 6:28
It explains why we see so much fragmentation not just in this world system, but also in Christendom, by orders of magnitude greater than other religions!
There's nothing novel about this social fragmentation, and the fragmentation is multifactoral. There are neurological, psychological, social, political and historical causes.

Muffled

Jesus in me
But how to decide which truth, if any, is correct?
If you're not allowed to use your intellect, or facts, what's left but feelings and emotions -- not reliable sources of truth.

The Spirit of God which is not feelings, nor emotions, nor intellect.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Didn't Jesus say: " Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom?" -- Matt. 6:28
You meant Matthew 16:28? Yes. And six days later, “some” did — 3 actually, during Jesus’ transfiguration vision. (But not “all.”)
Exactly as Jesus stated: “some.”
As for the last days, people have been predicting them last days since Jesus' time
Yes, I’m aware of a few way back, like Sextus Africanus, Irenaeus, Botticelli, and others.

But what evidence did they have to support the predictions?
Jesus provided “signs” to look for, all occurring within a “generation”.
We have all of those signs, since 1914….
There's nothing novel about this social fragmentation, and the fragmentation is multifactoral. There are neurological, psychological, social, political and historical causes.

Nothing like society has experienced since 1914! Yes, it’s been awhile, but the Last Days were prophesied to last at least a little while:

“For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.”(Mat 24:7)

And here’s the evidence, from many secular sources:

Ever since 1914, everybody conscious of trends in the world has been deeply troubled by what has seemed like a fated and predetermined march toward ever greater disaster. Many serious people have come to feel that nothing can be done to avert the plunge towards ruin.”—Bertrand Russell, The New York Times Magazine, September 27, 1953.

The London Evening Star commented that the conflict [WWI]“tore the whole world’s political setup apart. Nothing could ever be the same again. If we all get the nuclear madness out of our systems and the human race survives, some historian in the next century may well conclude that the day the world went mad was August 4, 1914.”–London Evening Star, quoted in the New Orleans Times-Picayune, August 5, 1960, and The Seattle Times, August 4, 1960, p. 5.

“Half a century has gone by, yet the mark that the tragedy of the Great War left on the body and soul of the nations has not faded . . . The physical and moral magnitude of this ordeal was such that nothing left was the same as before. Society in its entirety: systems of government, national borders, laws, armed forces, interstate relations, but also ideologies, family life, fortunes, positions, personal relations—everything was changed from top to bottom. . . . Humanity finally lost its balance, never to recover it to this day.” (General Charles de Gaulle, Le Monde, Nov. 12, 1968, p. 9)

“In 1914 the world lost a coherence which it has not managed to recapture since. . . . This has been a time of extraordinary disorder and violence, both across national frontiers and within them.” (The Economist)

Based on the evidence, it really is a valid conclusion: these are the Last Days!

In my studied opinion.