• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
20100305_TazoChai-2.jpg

bigelowearlgray__99938_zoom.jpg

celestial-tea-sleepy.jpg

These are my three long time favorites!

MissAlice

If I had tea right now I'd go for the Tazo Chai or Chamomile with honey. Honey with a pinch of vanilla extract.

Rakhel

I like my southern sweet tea. It must be cold.

But, I found, when I was visiting British customs, that is only good hot.
Earl Grey

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I drank so much Tazo Zen that I don't like it anymore. So I've just been sticking to pure green tea lately.

Flavorings beside pure tea seem to have taste memory that pure tea does not have.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I like my southern sweet tea. It must be cold.

Same here.

But I have a question for you tea-drinkers.
I'm trying to cut back on my coffee and am trying hot tea. What kind would you guys recommend that would work to get me used to tea instead of coffee?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Same here.

But I have a question for you tea-drinkers.
I'm trying to cut back on my coffee and am trying hot tea. What kind would you guys recommend that would work to get me used to tea instead of coffee?
Not sure. I never drank coffee.

But maybe English Breakfast Tea would be a good switch. It's strong and you can put milk and sugar in it. Plus black teas typically have more caffeine than other teas like green tea.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Not sure. I never drank coffee.

But maybe English Breakfast Tea would be a good switch. It's strong and you can put milk and sugar in it. Plus black teas typically have more caffeine than other teas like green tea.

Thanks!
I'll give that a try.
We've got some remnants of a variety pack that was bought for a visiting relative a while ago, but they all taste watery and weak to me.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I'm a total coffee freak. (Seattle area, so it's a tradition.)
Tea has never had enough oompf for me...until now.

I just tried brewing tea the Indian way--boil a teacup of water for each serving with a heaping teaspoonful of loose leaf black tea per serving in a saucepan for about a minute, add a teaspoon of sugar per serving, stir, then a teacup full of milk (I used almond milk) per serving, boil for 30 more seconds, strain, and serve.

Once you've had decoction, you may never go back to infusion. :no:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I'm a total coffee freak. (Seattle area, so it's a tradition.)
Tea has never had enough oompf for me...until now.

I just tried brewing tea the Indian way--boil a teacup of water for each serving with a heaping teaspoonful of loose leaf black tea per serving in a saucepan for about a minute, add a teaspoon of sugar per serving, stir, then a teacup full of milk (I used almond milk) per serving, boil for 30 more seconds, strain, and serve.

Once you've had decoction, you may never go back to infusion. :no:

Oh yeah, I grew up with that. My dad learned how to make chai when he was in India so, on a given Sunday, usually, we would make a pot of chai and fill the carafe thingy full and drink it all day :D

He never used exact measurements though.

EDIT: also, must add cardamom. We never used other spices like cinnamon and such, but cardamom was always in it.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Oh yeah, I grew up with that. My dad learned how to make chai when he was in India so, on a given Sunday, usually, we would make a pot of chai and fill the carafe thingy full and drink it all day :D

He never used exact measurements though.

EDIT: also, must add cardamom. We never used other spices like cinnamon and such, but cardamom was always in it.
I wonder if it would curdle if you used eggnog instead of milk. :p

Titanic

British tea as alway's. THE BEST. plus tea is good with well you know something that start's with the letter "M". You all get what I am saying right?