• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tarot Readings For Fun

Cynic

I'm just posting the spread for now. I gots to study for a test, then rehearse the speech I have to give tonight.

The first card:
FC_Storm_.jpg

The spread:
R_Storm_1.jpg

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Just for fun, I decided to do a mini-reading for myself with a regular deck of cards. This is the guide that I use:
Box.net (37K).

The first card I drew was the Ace of Diamonds, which aptly represents my issue in terms of an accumulations of material gain around my circumference. The second card is the Ace of Clubs in the position of the "crossing" card. It represents obstacles and reveals the "formulation of a goal," such as I had been doing on my weight loss program in the early part of this year, to be my primary obstacle. I suspect at this point that the overall reading will indicate that I need to get back into the "system" provided by the weight loss plan, which is true, but we'll see.

The third card, the King of Diamonds in the position of the "crowning" card, indicates things that promote the issue at hand, including things like my frame of mind. Face cards often represent actual people in our lives: a merchant, or someone protective of me, it says. This card could be interpreted in a couple of ways, but to me this merchant represents the farmer's market, where I find the best-tasting breads and fishes, pizzas and soups, and just this weekend a cornish pastry, all home-made and ready-made by people who cook much better than I can. Spent $80 there just last weekend --ouch.

The fourth card represents the "past" of this issue, and is the 7 of Diamonds, "hard work, patience." I worked hard last year on losing weight, lost 35 pounds, but then it just stopped. I was doing the same things, eating the same, but no longer losing. I waited patiently for the system to work again, but that patience ran out. Which leads us to the fifth card, the "root" of the problem (yes, this deck is shuffled), the 6 of Diamonds, which I'll read as reversed: my fortune ran out. Money is tight, and I'll freely admit that that seems to be related to the over-eating. The less I have, the more I worry and the more I want, and the more I want others to do for me. It's an old, familiar cycle.

The sixth card is the "future" for this issue, and it's the Jack of Spades. Now Jack there is a hero, swinging in to save the day, and it could be interpreted literally, but I'm not a one to put much weight in that particular interpretation. It's more significant to me that even the "future" card be related to me, here, now. So to me, this Jack represents expectations. In "looking for a hero" I am not taking matters into my own hands. I'm not taking charge of my destiny. Instead I'm being the damsel, waiting on my butt, tied to the railway track, a victim of my own wants (card #5) and lack of "goal setting" (card #2).

Hopefully with the last four cards I can outline a plan to proceed from here.

The seventh card represents how I see my current situation, and it's the Jack of Diamonds. This is a regular and reliable fellow, and to me he simply represents the benefit that I could get from regulating my diet again and keeping to a disciplined daily schedule. The eighth card is the 3 of Hearts, and gives me a glimpse of how others might react were I to discipline myself: joy and celebration. I take it my weight gain is noticeable, then :p.

The ninth card represents my "hopes and fears" and is the 2 of Diamonds, "embarassment" and risk-taking. I take that not to say that in disciplining myself I take a risk or be embarassed, but that in not doing so I risk my health, my accomplishments so far, and perhaps even a bit of self-respect --all I've achieved in the last year would be for naught if I put all that weight back on.

And finally, the outcome card is the Ace of Hearts. I couldn't ask for a better outcome than happiness, but it all depends on my acting on the "messages" hidden in the cards, and taking destiny into my own hands.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Hey Cynic, long time no see.... I miss Feathers who did a reading for me once... LukeWolf also offered to do a reading for me once.... interesting spread.... I only use the Thoth Deck in a 15 card spread....

Cynic

I don't remember how to read them. I was never very good at it.
Like I said, I'll post my interpretation sometime tonight. I have to go to school soon, but I'll be back in about three hours, and then I'll work on the reading some more.

Cynic

Storm,
Here is a revised spread (they are numbered correctly this time)
R_Storm_2.jpg

I'm hoping this is accurate. If its not, well I'll just slap my *** and call myself Judy. Well... no I actually won't do that... Its just for fun anyways.

Note: I use an unorthodox method of combining Court cards and those of the Minor Arcana (cups/wands/swords/pentacles). For example, I will combine a Page of Pentacels with a Four of Pentacles, or a two of swords with a five of swords.

1. The Lovers. As you have told me, the nature of your inquiry is familial. The Lovers card not only relates to romantic relationships, but all relationships including familial ones. This card represents the current situation and nature of the inquiry. Obviously, it refers to a family relationship in question.
2. The Ten of Swords. The Ten of Swords tells us further the nature of the inquiry. Or more specifically a problem or obstacle involving the relationship. I believe this card indicates a failed or torn relationship.
3. Five of Wands (Reversed). Although this card is reversed, it connotates a positive meaning. This card seems to indicate stability as a goal, and/or perhaps the immediate outcome.
4. Three of Pentacles (Reversed). This represents everything that has contributed to the status of the relationship. It can indicate incompletion, stagnation, selfishness, ignorance, etc.
5. Two of Swords. This card indicates past conflicts, perhaps between two people.
6. Six of Wands. Victory lies in the immediate future.
2-5. Ten of Swords, Two of swords in conjuction to The Lovers card. A relationship that ended, was considerably weakened, or was put on hiatus, perhaps through fighting and numerous arguements.
3-6. Five of Wands (Reversed), Six of Wands, in conjunction to the Lovers card. Signifies the stabalizion of a turbulent relationship, and successful interactions as the immediate outcome.
7. The Star. I believe this indicates that you are trying to help mend a relationship. Perhaps it is between you and a loved one, or between members of your family.
8. The Knight of Cups. It seems to indicate that love is your strength. It may also indicate a message or proposition of some kind.
9. Strength. This may indicate that your hope is for love to conquer hate, empathy to conquer self-centeredness.
10. Two of Cups. (The outcome) This card, may signify union--or in relation to the inquiry, the successful mending of a relationship.
8-10. The Knight of Cups, Two of Cups, in conjuction to the Lovers Card. I believe this may signify the proposition of a reunion between those of a torn relationship, talking things over, or asking for forgiveness.

Cynic

Hey Cynic, long time no see....
Hey! long time no see. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I had to rehearse a speech a couple more times before I left for school.

I miss Feathers who did a reading for me once... LukeWolf also offered to do a reading for me once.... interesting spread.... I only use the Thoth Deck in a 15 card spread....
Ya, I miss feathers too. My deck is the Lover's Tarot. I used to have the Thoth Deck, until I gave it away. It was one of my favorite... Loved the art.

You should check this out:
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...es/56946-back-popular-demand-cynics-rpgs.html