• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talk of Cvil War grows darker on Parler.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Thanks for using a better source. The radical Proud Boys organization were at the Capitol before everyone else and started everything. They started the violence, they started the breach, they broke the windows.
All because a pack of notorious liars told them another lie. Dangerous.

PureX

Veteran Member
Capitol riot: During Trump's pre-riot speech, Parler talk grew darker

I think this nation needs to take a breather and have a classic round table.
What we really need is an in-depth public hearing to get all this crap out in the open. We NEED to publicly acknowledge and illuminate the course of events that caused this to happen, and the who and why of it. The country needs to know that there are political and media forces behinds it with a seriously destructive agenda of their own, that were allowed to run rampant until they finally festered and exploded in a violent attack on the heart of our democracy. It was a failed attack, this time, but the causes cannot be allowed to continue festering because next time the explosion of violence and destruction may not fail so quickly or easily.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
What is so bad about our current living situation that we need to kill each other, right now? Like... Why is that even a discussion people would be having?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Its not that unusual, historically speaking. We're actually doing Ok considering, and people can't be bothered to have another war between the states. We could have a Cold War between the states with spies and so forth. The best spies would be from Georgia. They're good at changing their accents, but we'd be able to identify them if we ever saw them in traffic because of their driving habits.

On a more serious note the nation is having a round table. We are all taking a breather. Soon we'll start working through this in families, business communities, churches and neighborhoods.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I agree with the other posts that all the facts need to come out.

People of good will can meet and form positive bonds but those who promote hate, fear, division and destruction can't be any part of that process.

I also note that President Biden is meeting with those proposing a different pandemic bill. They might not agree, but that's the way the system should work.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I hope it is just a fringe few at either end of the political spectrum.

I don't know if people really fathom the damage and destruction a civil war would cause.
I think its fringe too. But it is a warning sign.

A Vestigial Mote

I don't know if people really fathom the damage and destruction a civil war would cause.
I was going to reply with something similar. I honestly think people do have a glorified or romanticized notion of violence. The realities would be terrifying to likely even the staunchest of these people talking up any sort of "civil war."

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Hey, between you and me, my wife told me the other day, "There needs to be a revolution". :eek:

My wife is not violent, a care-taker. An idea gets inseminated from numerous sources long enough almost magically this becomes an acceptable idea.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
That's exactly what we don't need. That would descend quickly into nastiness!

What we need is less media attention on controversies that fire things up.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
When the president undermines all information that does not align with his preconceived notions, it sets the stage for things like this. The Biden administration needs to help restore faith in the process.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The real problem is that the Republican Party has made the calculation that they need that fringe to win back power. If they alienate the proud boys, the bugaboo boys, the qanon nuts and the white supremacists they don’t stand a chance.

So they will continue to cater to this fringe as long as they can.

ecco

Veteran Member
The radical Proud Boys organization were at the Capitol before everyone else and started everything. They started the violence, they started the breach, they broke the windows.
All because a pack of notorious liars told them another lie.

I heard those same lies and many more over the past four years. I realized they were lies. The Proud Boys and the rest, don't recognize those lies. Those people relish being told that Trump is going to take out the child eating pedophiles and reverse the results of another fraudulent election. People who believe such things deserve nothing but loathing and disdain.

ecco

Veteran Member
What we need is less media attention on controversies that fire things up.
Really?

We should hide the fact that there are people who are so damaged and deranged that they believe Nancy Pelosi is a Satanist who drinks the blood of children?

We should hide the fact that there are people who have been so indoctrinated that they refuse to accept that their wannabe second coming lost because 80,000,000,000 people voted against him?

I don't think so. I think we need to put a bigger spotlight on these people and expose more of the sickness. Hiding the truth never works out too well.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Really?

We should hide the fact that there are people who are so damaged and deranged that they believe Nancy Pelosi is a Satanist who drinks the blood of children?

We should hide the fact that there are people who have been so indoctrinated that they refuse to accept that their wannabe second coming lost because 80,000,000,000 people voted against him?

I don't think so. I think we need to put a bigger spotlight on these people and expose more of the sickness. Hiding the truth never works out too well.
There have always been those prone to weird positions but with the internet and cable TV age they’re thrown in our faces and people get radicalized. A national roundtable will only spotlight and perpetuate the divide. Do you really think more bitter attacking is going to help anything. These people will fade away and have lost already. Stirring it up more will produce damage from the flailing of the dying monster’s tail.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
There have always been those prone to weird positions but with the internet and cable TV age they’re thrown in our faces and people get radicalized. A national roundtable will only spotlight and perpetuate the divide. Do you really think more bitter attacking is going to help anything. These people will fade away and have lost already. Stirring it up more will produce damage from the flailing of the dying monster’s tail.

But now these people are in Congress and other positions of power. One of them was President and still holds considerable influence. You cannot ignore this.

George-ananda

Premium Member
But now these people are in Congress and other positions of power. One of them was President and still holds considerable influence. You cannot ignore this.
Ignoring is probably better than enflaming things. This too shall pass. Democracy and the majority will rule.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
in a violent attack on the heart of our democracy
What democracy? That "attack" or "riot" was so fake, anyway. The "rioters" getting the most press like that moron with the cheap fake Viking Halloween costume on are obviously actors (his Norse tats might be fake, too, as he was praying to Jesus on film, which is not something a Norse Pagan would be caught dead doing). If you Google him, it says he's an actor. People like him were let into the building with no resistance and allowed to run amuck but an Air Force vet gets shot dead from a few feet away. Yeah, there's trickery going on there.

Last edited: