• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take the Test

Cooky

Veteran Member
Here's my results:

20200510_135833.jpg

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 5.09.16 PM.png
Similar as well altho I don't know much about economics so I can't say it's accurate since I didn't know how to answer some questions:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yeah, you've come out almost exactly where I did.

But the test is crap. For some unfathomable reason they treat the left-right axis as one based solely on the degree to which one supports free market economics. But anyone who knows anything about politics will tell you the left-right axis is not primarily about that at all, but is far more complicated, involving views on issues to do with tradition, support for institutions and roles in society, the role of the church, attitudes to the military, attitudes to labour and the poor, and so on.

These guys have just cooked up a superficial computer programme and pretend they are telling you something profound. They aren't.

Eyes to See

**Please note that this is a debate forum**

Take the test and see where you really stand...
The Political Compass

I look over the test and it is missing a middle ground answer: No opinion. On several of the questions I read I had no opinion one way or the other and could not chose that option. So I felt disinclined to take a test that forcefully skews the results.

Rational Agnostic

Yeah, you've come out almost exactly where I did.

But the test is crap. For some unfathomable reason they treat the left-right axis as one based solely on the degree to which one supports free market economics. But anyone who knows anything about politics will tell you the left-right axis is not primarily about that at all, but is far more complicated, involving views on issues to do with tradition, support for institutions and roles in society, the role of the church, attitudes to the military, attitudes to labour and the poor, and so on.

These guys have just cooked up a superficial computer programme and pretend they are telling you something profound. They aren't.

So you're further right than I am. Hilarious. I agree the test is crap.;)

Cooky

Veteran Member
So you're further right than I am. Hilarious. I agree the test is crap.;)

...Or does it go *deeper* than politics, and into the soul.

Because many of us judge others on single topics, and not the full array.

For instance, I put down that abortion should be illegal, yet when weighed against all my other perspectives, I'm still libertarian left.

Heyo

Veteran Member
We have a "Wahl-O-Mat", a decision helper, published by the federal bureau for political education before major elections. It contains questions about all topics the parties deem relevant and you can see how your position matches up with those of the parties.
It has its own flaws, especially that it only says what the party position is, not how likely that position will become law once the party is elected but it is a helpful tool.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As usual: (but I had to chuckle at one that's sometimes a thread that asked about morality without religion)

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-10_14-44-13.png
    upload_2020-5-10_14-44-13.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 0