• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swingers

cardero

Citizen Mod

I once worked with a man who was married and he and his wife would participate in the swingers lifestyle. He thoroughly explained to me how he and his wife would review couples online, contact them through e-mail and then make preparations to meet the other couple for dinner or drinks at a public place.

If the first initial meeting went well, they would set up a rendezvous at the couple’s house or a hotel to commit the swinging act. He went on to explain the do’s and don’ts about this lifestyle. Practical solutions like, how no meant no and the fact that they always practiced safe sex with the couples. The only thing that he admitted was difficult was finding the time to team up with the couples because of their parental priorities to their two daughters. Overall, I was very impressed with the mature and responsible way that the couple handled themselves with this sexual lifestyle.

For those that do not understand the swinging lifestyle, it is basically an agreement to sexually swap partners. It could be two or more married couples and it could be a married couple and a unmarried couple but it is usually a consented swap.

Does anyone find swinging degrading or disagreeable?

Is swinging on the rise or is it something that is no longer fashionable?

Do you know of anyone who has had positive experiences with swinging or has testimony that shows that it has improved their marriage sexually or emotionally?

If the right couple came along could anyone find this sexual lifestyle preferable?

Nanda

Polyanna
Does anyone find swinging degrading or disagreeable?

Not at all. As long as everyone knows where they stand, is consenting, and being safe and careful, I don't see any problems with swinging.

I don't know. Not everyone who does it is open about it. It could be that there have always been lots of swingers, and that people are just more open about it now. There's no real way of knowing.

Do you know of anyone who has had positive experiences with swinging or has testimony that shows that it has improved their marriage sexually or emotionally?

I've known a few. It works for some people, for others it doesn't. It largely depends on the relationship in question. It won't fix a failing marriage, that's for sure, but it won't necessarily destroy a strong one.

If the right couple came along could anyone find this sexual lifestyle preferable?

No. Some people are monogamous, no matter what comes along, and will never be comfortable with that scenario. And some people are polyamorous, and aren't interested in the casual aspects of swinging - they want more than just sex.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
What Nanda said. I don't understand it, I would never do it, but I don't care if anyone else does.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in, but I have nothing against Storm and Nanda doing it.

Nanda

Polyanna
What Nanda said. I don't understand it, I would never do it, but I don't care if anyone else does.

It doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in, but I have nothing against Storm and Nanda doing it.

Lol! Well, being poly, I do understand it, and I might experiment with it (who knows, really?) but ultimately I prefer emotional attatchments.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I think if a couple wants to go in this direction that is their choice. I wouldn't want to do it myself. I've always had the philosophy that there are two things I don't share that is my man and my money.
I could see that even with consenting couples that it could lead to problems. If you ever saw the movie Indecent Proposal with Robert Redford and Demi Moore you may see what problems could arise. I think at some point the "Was he better than me" or the old desire to know all the details would eventually cause problems.

Zephyr

Moved on
I think it's really icky and weird, and would never take part, but then again I'm sure a lot of the stuff I do would be seen as really weird too, so meh. If it works for some people, then I say let it work!
Some people are monogamous, no matter what comes along, and will never be comfortable with that scenario. And some people are polyamorous, and aren't interested in the casual aspects of swinging - they want more than just sex.
Exactly this.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Well... as long as everyone involved is okay with it, I see nothing wrong with it... I think pretty much everyone can do whatever they want regarding all things, as long as everyone who is involved is okay with it. It isn't up to me to tell people what they should or shouldn't do regarding their own private lives.

but of course, I wouldn't do it, because I don't have secks with anyone, so I wouldn't have anyone to trade... :D

I can't say I know anyone who does this either though, because most people I know don't talk about secks when they are talking to me, so I wouldn't know if they did do this.

its no longer fashionable, nowadays just both having affairs is populair

blackout

Violet.
I desire relationship myself,
and a deeper intimacy...
so would not choose that route.

But I really don't care what others do.
I would just hope they're careful.
(ie disease, pregnancy, and potential loonies)

I'm pretty sure I'd prefer a love in, to a swap anyway. :flirt:

Or maybe a long term swap with a rich sexy sucessful artist of some kind?
That would work for me. ;)

Last edited:

texan1

Hmmm....maybe I should change my avatar when I enter threads talking about sex. Something doesn't seem right....

blackout

Violet.
I desire relationship myself,
and a deeper intimacy...
so would not choose that route.

But I really don't care what others do.
I would just hope they're careful.
(ie disease, pregnancy, and potential loonies)

I'm pretty sure I'd prefer a love in, to a swap anyway. :flirt:

Or maybe a long term swap with a rich sexy sucessful artist of some kind?
That would work for me. ;)

Oopsie.... and did I forget to mention neutered? :yes:
Very important that one is.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
Before I was with my husband, my ex and I tried to do the swap. I did not like it. All I could focus on was that he was enjoying himself too much with her. It ended because I left the room. It hurt like hell to see and hear his enjoyment with someone other than me. It also ****** me off.

I don't think I will ever be in that position again but if so I will cross that bridge when it comes.

If other people are happy doing it then so be it. As long as people are not being harmed unconsensually (if that is a word).