• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SurveyUSA poll

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
SurveyUSA, which assessed this for the 2016 election:

20191206_102317.jpg

Is polling at this for the 2020 election:

20191206_101634.jpg

RealClearPolitics - 2020 - Latest 2020 General Election Polls

Thoughts?

I do think it's going to be close race in any case. I also think Biden will be the one to run against Trump.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I do think it's going to be close race in any case. I also think Biden will be the one to run against Trump.
This time around it doesn't look as if the DNC is going to rig the election. Warren and Sanders together double the numbers of Biden. If one of them drops out 90% of their voters will switch to the other. The democrat candidate will be a progressive.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think what about if people have consistently failed to realize about the 2016 polls is that indeed they did predict hillary winning the popular vote with an unimpressive margin. Which is what happened. However, most weren't considering the EC,which changed the results though not how people overall voted.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Thanks for reminding me how pathetic Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are. Always brings a smile to my face when I see their polling numbers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Biden vs Trump.....Dumb vs Dumber.

OK, that's harsh.
But in my defense, it's an emotion free evidence based insult.
When it comes to Biden, PC libs may show him their agist and racist ways, but he is way ahead in the black community of all his competitors from the polls I've seen.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When it comes to Biden, PC libs may show him their agist and racist ways, but he is way ahead in the black community of all his competitors from the polls I've seen.
I don't think Biden is racist...at least, no more than anyone else.
But he is indeed awkward in expressing views with racial aspects.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Biden vs Trump.....Dumb vs Dumber.

OK, that's harsh.
But in my defense, it's an emotion free evidence based insult.
Note:
In that post, I might've given the false impression which is Dumber.
It would be a tough call which is which....far above my pay grade.

PureX

Veteran Member
This time around it doesn't look as if the DNC is going to rig the election. Warren and Sanders together double the numbers of Biden. If one of them drops out 90% of their voters will switch to the other. The democrat candidate will be a progressive.
I wouldn't bet money on that, mostly because the big money contributors don't want either of them to win, and in the end the DNC is just as corrupted by all that cash as everyone else is.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I wouldn't bet money on that, mostly because the big money contributors don't want either of them to win, and in the end the DNC is just as corrupted by all that cash as everyone else is.
True. You can always bet on the dems finding a way to screw things up. But this time they face an overwhelming majority of progressive supporters (about 2:1 against the corporatists) that it's unlikely the 2016 tactics would work, that an attempt would massively backfire and they really want to get rid of Trump. I don't know if Warren or Sanders will make it but Biden stands no chance.

PureX

Veteran Member
True. You can always bet on the dems finding a way to screw things up. But this time they face an overwhelming majority of progressive supporters (about 2:1 against the corporatists) that it's unlikely the 2016 tactics would work, that an attempt would massively backfire and they really want to get rid of Trump. I don't know if Warren or Sanders will make it but Biden stands no chance.
Do they really want to get rid of Trump?

It seems to me that mostly what the democrats do is vote however their big corporate sponsors tell them to vote, when no one's looking, and then blame the damage to the American people that results from all that bribery and corruption (that they eagerly participate in), on the republicans. Trump is giving them a HUGE mascot for the blatant greed and corruption to blame for all the damage that they have participated in for over the last 40 years.

Oh boy! We'd better vote for whatever political flunky they run for president (Biden), or we'll get that horrible Donald Trump, again!

And we'll fall for it, as we always do. And as they KNOW we always will.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It seems to me that mostly what the democrats do is vote however their big corporate sponsors tell them to vote, when no one's looking
That's why Sanders and the other justice democrats don't take money from the big donors (and Sanders gets more money in $27 a piece than Biden from his billionair friends).

joe1776

My thinking exactly and, as a progressive, I hope we're right.

PureX

Veteran Member
That's why Sanders and the other justice democrats don't take money from the big donors (and Sanders gets more money in $27 a piece than Biden from his billionair friends).
But the party is still collectively corrupted. As they collectively receive FAR more from their corporate donors and 'dark money' sources than the progressives among them get from individual donations. So the drive to keep the money train rolling is still very strong, and the drive to dethrone Trump is not so much. Because the truth is that Trump is a fantastic scape-goat for all those corrupt democrats who want to keep taking the bribe money while blaming the damage they do as a result on the republicans.

joe1776

But thanks to Bernie and Warren, accepting big money contributions will come with the burden to prove it doesn't buy favors. This hasn't been so obvious in previous elections.

PureX

Veteran Member
Keep in mind that a democratic vote in a primary election is meaningless. The DNC has no obligation whatever to comply with the results. They can appoint whomever they want as their candidate regardless of who the voters choose at the ballot box.