• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supporting Trump, now a religion?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, it doesn't. Donald Trump is an unethical idiot and people are better off worshiping a mythical figure like Jesus, then some jack *** with nuclear codes.
Despite his many flaws, at least Trump is not
so deluded as to believe he is the son of God.
I'll worship neither.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I never said that you said that I said that you said that....uh....
I only compared the 2 would-be deities.
Jesus is the crazier one.

There is no would-be-deity about Jesus, deities real or not, that is what they look like to us. And worshiping a US president as if he is a god is an extremely dangerous path. I don't care which one is crazier, the one with the nuke codes can do more real world damage.

omega2xx

To all the colder wearers? I say a hearty R'Amen.

I have a little sticker on the back of my car-- it's white. It has a pair of meatballs, and some noodly appendages.

(I had Darwin fish, but those keep getting vandalized by Genuine Christians™. I know it's them, because they always leave me a very nasty note to go with the scratched paint and damaged emblem... Just as Jesus would have done... right? )

Similar to this:
41QfN0U7ItL._SX300_.jpg

Since the conduct is not taught in Christianity, why do you assume they are Christians?

Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Bob the Unbeliever

I was hoping it would be pepperonis.

Some churches I've known have had all-you-can-eat spaghetti nights (usually on Fridays). I imagine the Pastafarians have some real wing-dings which would make the typical church spaghetti night look rather tame.

Oh, they do. You should find one in your area and join in-- all are welcome.

Bob the Unbeliever

This might be interesting. Anyone who criticizes Trump may end up immortalized in some future "Bible" of Trumpianity. If Trump is ever impeached, whoever leads the proceedings could go down in history as the next Pontius Pilate. The name "Hillary," of course, would become synonymous with "Satan." This could be the next big religion.

no-- not "hillary" ... legends are not allowed to be about women.

Ted Cruz is a much more likely candidate-- everybody hates Ted, after all.

Bob the Unbeliever

Since the conduct is not taught in Christianity, why do you assume they are Christians?

Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven.

I did not have to assume--- on one occasion, they "helpfully" scratched "Jesus is Lord" in the paint on the back of my vehicle, where my darwin-fish emblem was.

On other occasions they left me a "nice" note explaining how only "jesus was lord" and similar witticisms.

They told me in no uncertain terms that they were Genuine Christians™. Of course-- I already knew that by their very intolerant actions....

Never forget: Two of the things Jesus would do, is curse a poor fig for not growing in winter, and pick up a bullwhip and destroy a place of business out of anger. Jesus was not always a pacifist.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
What? No taijitu?
Not sure what that is. On my truck my religious icons are arranged as so:
Vegvisir (weather protection charm) Symbol of Perun, Symbol of Svarog, Symbol of Veles, Aegishjalmur (helm of awe/protection)
Kolovrat (Slavic sunwheel; stylized), Mjolnir (with kolovrat), Triquetra

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
no-- not "hillary" ... legends are not allowed to be about women.

Ted Cruz is a much more likely candidate-- everybody hates Ted, after all.

You may be right; perhaps Bill and Hillary will be demonized as a couple.

Cruz, possibly; although he might have some kind of "awakening" later on - kind of like Paul on the Road to Damascus.