• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Superbowl XLI

Who will win the Superbowl?

• Total voters

FatMan

Colts win, although one stat is definitely not in their favor - they have given up the 23rd most points in the league. There has never been a Super Bowl champion who ranked lower than 13th in that category.

There is a reason they say "Defense Wins championships".

ChrisP

Veteran Member
The bears win... they have paws, which might be useful in catching a ball, whereas a colt can do nothing but whinny and act skittish.

Also bears have claws and really big teeth... some bears have been known to eat meat, though I've never heard of dog food becoming bear food.

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
I say...Who Cares??

I am not a fan of either team...

But, if someone were to twist my arm...I would say I'm rootin' for the Colts simply because I Horses are my absolute favorite animal in the animal kingdom.

Cheesy reasoning, I know. But, I'm a Jets fan...I inherited it from my father....They did well this season...and New England finally got taken out last night...(No Offense to the Patriots fans...normally I would be rootin' for them when the Jets aren't playing...but I have an issue with one of the coaches this season...nothing big, just glad to see him get knocked off his high horse :cool:)

The countdown to the Super Bowl begins!!!!

A

angellous_evangellous

FatMan said:
There is a reason they say "Defense Wins championships".

Bears defense is much better thinks I...

I'm glad that the Colts and the Bears made it to the Super Bowl. It should be a great game, especially if the Bears defense plays as good as it did yesterday.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I'm not an uber-big football fan, but I watched most of both Conference Championship games.

The Bear's defense seems pretty solid, and I agree with FatMan about defense winning championships.

OTOH, the Colts came roaring back from a 21-3 deficit and played solid defense in the second half to pull out an impressive win. I also get the impression that all the talk of "He can't win the big game." lit a fire under Peyton Manning's hind end such that he isn't going to let anything stop him short of a Super Bowl victory.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the Colts 27-20.

FatMan

angellous_evangellous said:
Bears defense is much better thinks I...

I agree. My post should have said HOEWEVER, defense wins championships. The Bear's D is the only reason I wouldn't proclaim Indy as the Champs right now.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
The only thing that matters more than Defense is coaching. I honestly believe that Dungy is one of the top three coaches in the NFL. The Colts have one of the best offenses and the Bears have one of the best defenses. If the coaching were even, I'd say the Bears would win. But I suspect with two weeks to form a game plan, Dungy will figure out a way to exploit the Bears Defense, to score early, and to force Rex Grossman into a shoot out with Manning.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Maize said:
Super Bowl = party.
WERD!!!:football: :pizza: :cool: We're going to a party at a friend's house, and he used to live in Chicago, you can bet there will be some yelling and finger pointing no matter who wins.

PureX

Veteran Member
Da Bearse!!!

It would have been interesting to see the Bears play the Patriots in the superbowl, as it was the Bears who completely humiliated the Patriots in the superbowl back in '85. The Patriots would have REALLY been looking for payback! But it's not to be.

It also would have been fun to see the New Orleans Saints win the superbowl after all that city has been through, but that's not to be, either. So I guess we'll just have to watch the Bears slug it out with the Colts. It should be a good game.

Hope

Princesinha
Due to being out of the country, I'm gonna miss the Super Bowl. :( I so sad!!

I'm rootin' all the way for the Colts. They're one of my favorite teams in the AFC.

klubbhead024

Hope said:

I'm rootin' all the way for the Colts. They're one of my favorite teams in the AFC.

Next to the World Cup, isn't the Superbowl viewed by the most people in the world? Something like 100 countries if I'm not mistaken

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
COLTS! Indy's first Super Bowl apperance, and they will win.
I am excited to be able to see Urlacher vs. Manning for the big game.

Also bears have claws and really big teeth... some bears have been known to eat meat, though I've never heard of dog food becoming bear food.
I hope Manning can come out on top of Urlachers extremely large teeth and claws. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if Manning could run faster. Not necessarily as fast as Vick, but faster than a turtle.

Hope

Princesinha
klubbhead024 said:
Next to the World Cup, isn't the Superbowl viewed by the most people in the world? Something like 100 countries if I'm not mistaken

I highly doubt it will be shown in the location I am staying. I may not even have access to a TV.

Random

I'm feeling rather lazy in a very Irish way and refuse to read the whole thread: could someone elighten me as to which "gridiron" teams are playing the Superbowl this year?

BTW, I do not understand American Football. :help:

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
I've got the bears. One thing is defense. Colts have great offence but got themselves into trouble against the pats. You can't do that in an afc ir nfc championship game. Plus if the colts think Rex is a weak link think again. Manning is a better QB than Rex at the moment, but teams often underestimate Rex and the bears offense. Teams always think that if they stop the bears run, and make Grossman beat them then they have a chance which isn't always so. The only thing the bears offensive coordination team have to do is make adjustments for Rex. Stop trying to make the big TD play. When Rex is not pressured into trying to go for th elong bomb everytime he's a damn good QB. Like what they did just this last game. They were making Rex throw those bombs and it wasn't working. Then they went to the running game with Jones and that worked like a charm. The saints made the adjustment and shut down the run for the second and third quarters. This forced Rex to make something happen himself. They figured since he was off earlier he'd stay off, but the offense adjusted to that. They shortened the pass routes for Rex that got him some completions. When he got those completions his confidence went up and it opened up the run just a little bit. Then he was able to go a little longer for those passes and won the game like that. Plus Rex is from Miami so you gotta figure that he will be more comfortable in familiar surroundings.

Plus bears defense played good against a very good offensive team. They gave up 14 points but no more. You expect that. I didn't think it was gonna be a shutout because Brees is damn good. Plus they had Reggie. But if you think about it they got that 88 yard TD because the D missed the tackle. That doesn't happen often. The COLTS let the Pats shut them down for a good majority of that game. Then the Pats defense just shut down. I wouldn't look for the bears D to give up those points like that. A complete D shutdown for the Bears is very rare. Also the Bears are the underdogs here so expect that they will play harder. No one thought they could go this far because of Rex's mistakes late in the season and one of their star defensive players being out for the season, but despite that they have found ways to win time and again. If you notice Rex is being very careful of late. He didn't turn the ball over once in that game even though he struggled in the first half. He was struggling but he didn't hurt the team, and they put points on the board when they could even if it is a FG. Thats what you want the offense to do.

A

angellous_evangellous

Hope said:

Who goes out of the country at a time like this?!