• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Superbowl XLI

Who will win the Superbowl?

• Total voters

PureX

Veteran Member
Victor said:
LOL....not a big fan of the horsies eh?
Well, after living in Chicago for over 20 years, it's hard not to want to see the Bears win. I was living there in '85, and it was quite a time. Now I live equal distance from Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. So I'm desperate to back a winner.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
standing_alone said:
Heck yeah.

I hope Grossman has one of his bad games. That would be great. Inconsistent crap QB... :D

vs. the one the most consistant QB's in the NFL......PEYTON MANNING!

Quiddity

PureX said:
Well, after living in Chicago for over 20 years, it's hard not to want to see the Bears win. I was living there in '85, and it was quite a time. Now I live equal distance from Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. So I'm desperate to back a winner.

Understandable but.....

THEY ARE STILL GOING TO LOSE........:D

klubbhead024

standing_alone said:
Heck yeah.

I hope Grossman has one of his bad games. That would be great. Inconsistent crap QB... :D

Inconsistent.. maybe... at least he doesn't have the MO of blowing the big games... and it doesn't get bigger then this!

PureX

Veteran Member
Victor said:
Understandable but.....

THEY ARE STILL GOING TO LOSE........:D
We'll see. Everyone thought they would lose against the Saints, too, but they ended up blowing them out. And they looked pretty tough doing it. If they can play like that in two weeks, the Colts will have an uphill battle.

I do agree with some of the comments about coaching, though. The Colts have a great coach. That guy is SHARP!

Quiddity

klubbhead024 said:
Inconsistent.. maybe... at least he doesn't have the MO of blowing the big games... and it doesn't get bigger then this!

That is true. They seem to blow it in big games....especially the playoffs.

PureX

Veteran Member
But I'll tell you why the Colts are going to lose ...

When they won yesterday, they were all spouting off on TV about how their "glory belongs to God" and all that. And God is as bothered by that kind of public display of religiosity as I am. So I think God's gonna shut them up from spouting off such silly platitudes after the superbowl by making them lose.

standing_alone

klubbhead024 said:
Inconsistent.. maybe...

Maybe?! He is! :p

at least he doesn't have the MO of blowing the big games... and it doesn't get bigger then this!

You may have a point there, but I still expect the Colts to win this one - but it'll probably be close. But being a Packer fan, there's nothing more I'd like to see than the Bears get crushed. :D

Quiddity

PureX said:
But I'll tell you why the Colts are going to lose ...

When they won yesterday, they were all spouting off on TV about how their "glory belongs to God" and all that. And God is as bothered by that kind of public display of religiosity as I am. So I think God's gonna shut them up from spouting off such silly platitudes after the superbowl by making them lose.

I hadn't thought of that.....eek!

Go Bears!

PureX

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
You may have a point there, but I still expect the Colts to win this one - but it'll probably be close. But being a Packer fan, there's nothing more I'd like to see than the Bears get crushed. :D
INFIDEL! HERETIC! SPAWN OF SATAN!!!! CHEESEHEAD!!!!

standing_alone

PureX said:
INFIDEL! HERETIC! SPAWN OF SATAN!!!! CHEESEHEAD!!!!

*nods*

Yeah, what about it? Still better than being a Bears fan.

...and why does everyone from out-of-state think we're offended by "Cheesehead?"

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Dungy is a good coach but he struggles in the playoffs and thats with a good team. If Manning gets hit a couple times he'll be shook up, just like Brees. Plus the colts are smaller. That means the Bears are gonna run it down their throats. Lovie however has only been with the Bears what two or three seasons? I think two and they have already made it to the Superbowl.

And for Grossman being inconsistant, that doesn't mean much. The Bears have proven over and over that they can stay in a game and win it even if Rex has a error-prone game. The Colts ain't so lucky. Their defense ain't as good so the Bears will be able to drive the ball. I don't expect a blowout, but if the Colts think they can pull that comeback kid crap witht he Bears D they got another thing coming.

Everybody thought the Bears were gonna lose to the Saints and we see what happened. They beat the Seahawks too. The AFC was said to be so much better than the NFC thid year, but their top teams lost namely the Chargers and the Pats. We're looking at classic Bears offense....run the ball. Colts are gonna have to stop that. If they stop the run that means they've brought their defensive line close. When they do that the Bears are gonna pass. When the Colts have to spread out to stop the pass, the Bears are gonna run. This will force the Colts defense to spread otu and play man-to-man because they'll have to. This will kill them. Colts have a very good offensive line but it will mean very little if they don't put alot of points on the board.