• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Democrats Say

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again."
~ Bill Clinton

Completely off topic, different country, but I must share what I think is the proudest moment in Canadian politics. Around the same time as Clinton was answering questions about his use of marijuana some reporter decided to ask Jean Chrétien, then Prime Minister of Canada if he had ever tried marijuana. And without missing a beat he replied "why, ya got any?".

Rakhel

”Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see ya.”- Joe Biden

To Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who was in a wheelchair.

Rakhel

”Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see ya.”- Joe Biden

To Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who was in a wheelchair.

Trey of Diamonds

"I'm very familiar with the importance of dairy farming in Wisconsin. I've spent the night on a dairy farm here in Wisconsin. If I'm entrusted with the presidency, you'll have someone who is very familiar with what the Wisconsin dairy industry is all about."
~ Al Gore

Rakhel

You know, education — if you make the most of it — you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq. - John Kerry

Shuddhasattva

“He’s (Bush) saying something to the effect of we’re so glad to welcome you here, congratulations and I know you’ll probably have some different things to say about what is going on--which is correct. But, as he was saying this, he was fading and this other thing was happening to me." “My chair was getting crowded in," said Pelosi. "I swear this happened, never happened before, it never happened since."
"My chair was getting crowded in and I couldn’t figure out what it was, it was like this," she said.
"And then I realized Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucretia Mott, Alice Paul, Sojourner Truth, you name it, they were all in that chair, they were," said Pelosi. "More than I named and I could hear them say: 'At last we have a seat at the table.' And then they were gone."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mary Frances Berry Professor of American Social Thought and History, U. Penn. :

Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents
are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates
distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.
We see the inner workings of the Democratic mind here. Accusations don't need any
substance....they're effective just because of their distractive & stigmative values.

http://www.politico.com/arena/perm/Mary_Frances_Berry_91E3D9D5-C40D-440C-9D48-1C50CBC60C87.html

Am I unfairly painting with too broad a brush? No...this is election time!
Time to clean our claws & let the red red krovy flow!

Last edited:

Shuddhasattva

Am I unfairly painting with too broad a brush?

No, but perhaps too narrow a one; this isn't a dem tactic, it's a political tactic and you'll see variations of it used for... a very long time, by both parties.

I think the only conclusion we can safely draw from this and the other thread is that people on both sides of the political fences say colossally stupid things.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Mary Frances Berry Professor of American Social Thought and History, U. Penn. :

We see the inner workings of the Democratic mind here. Accusations don't need any
substance....they're effective just because of their distractive & stigmative values.

Am I unfairly painting with too broad a brush? No...this is election time!
Time to clean our claws & let the red red krovy flow!
Would you mind providing a link that has some, you know... context?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, but perhaps too narrow a one; this isn't a dem tactic, it's a political tactic and you'll see variations of it used for... a very long time, by both parties.

I think the only conclusion we can safely draw from this and the other thread is that people on both sides of the political fences say colossally stupid things.
Hah! Such thoughtful & intelligent drivel has no place during an election year!
We must pick a side to support, & a side to demonize.
It is a given that some parties are all bad!

Here is another.....
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/11...ys-america-is-going-to-hell-in-a-hand-basket/

The reverend who gave the benediction during President Barack Obama’s inauguration said America is “going to hell,” and white people may go with it. Rev. Joseph Lowery, 91, made the comments at St. James Baptist Church in Forsyth, Ga., as part of a Southern Christian Leadership Conference tour to encourage African-Americans to vote for Obama, according to the Monroe County Reporter.
The paper reports that Lowery apparently told parishioners in the crowd that he is back to believing that all white people will not get into heaven because of what’s been happening during the campaign.
“I’m frightened by the level of hatred and bitterness coming out in this election,” Lowery said, according to the County Reporter.
Lowery blasted blacks for costing Obama the state of Georgia in the 2008 election because 390,000 African-Americans decided to stay home and not vote.

“I don’t know what kind of a n***** wouldn’t vote with a black man running,” Lowery extolled, according to the paper. “All that he did with the stimulus was genius. Nobody intelligent would risk this country with Romney.”

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Darn, I was actually looking forward to reading some really crazy ideas, unambiguously expressed, like in the Republican version of this exercise, but so far this is just blunders.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Darn, I was actually looking forward to reading some really crazy ideas, unambiguously expressed, like in the Republican version of this exercise, but so far this is just blunders.
Maybe because the Democrats, for all their flaws, haven't reached the level of dishonesty that the Republicans have?

4consideration

Premium Member

Don't worry, I found one.

Here is Nancy Pelosi telling the American people that they (legislators) need to pass the Obamacare legislation before telling the American people what is in it (as well as before those Democrats that passed it had actually read it.)

[youtube]hV-05TLiiLU[/youtube]
Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It" - YouTube

edit: Nancy Pelosi was not an aspiring Democratic candidate when she said this. She was Speaker of the House at the time she said it. It was a Democratic move to keep the legislation virtually concealed -- due to such a tiny amount of time (a few days) allowed for a HUGE piece of legislation (approx. 2,500 or so pages) to be considered prior to the vote. So much for the promised transparency.

Last edited: