• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stress Management

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
What methods have you found most effective for dealing with stress in your life?

For me, I've found meditation, exercise, and getting sunlight/exposure to nature to be very helpful in calming my mind and relieving the stresses of life.

How about you?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Walking in the forest or alongside the river. Going out on a mushroom hunt, it doesn't matter if they are out of season, it's just a nice place to be.

Stroking my cats and listening to them purr.

Cooking helps too.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
What methods have you found most effective for dealing with stress in your life?

For me, I've found meditation, exercise, and getting sunlight/exposure to nature to be very helpful in calming my mind and relieving the stresses of life.

How about you?

Exercise (particularly relatively high intensity) and music, which I use somewhat in replacement of meditation (which I have done at various times through my life).

RestlessSoul

How about you?

All the things you mention, I have found to be effective. The more so, when combined with faith.

Without faith, I am whistling in the dark. But faith without works is dead. Nothing will help us take our minds off our own problems, so much as reaching out to someone else who may also be suffering.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Walking in the forest or alongside the river. Going out on a mushroom hunt, it doesn't matter if they are out of season, it's just a nice place to be.

Stroking my cats and listening to them purr.

Cooking helps too.

I forgot about animals! I love a good cuddle with a cat or dog. Though i don't live with any currently.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
To add a new one - divination. A fantastic self-reflection tool to get you to think critically about a situation from a different perspective, like talking to a friend (but without the risk of judgement).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
By facing it directly instead of thinking it shouldn't be there or it can be eradicated when it's an integral aspect as a human being.

For me, I want the best quality of stress. The best stress I ever had.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
-By not allowing myself to feel regret
-Music
-Lifting
-Running
-Sex
-Climbing
-Hiking
-Gaming
-Drawing/ Painting
-Socializing

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I try to drop any expectations. A lot of stress comes from desires that things will be this way or that. The less I expect, the less stressed I am.

If that didn't work, and I managed to get stressed, I crack rude jokes to an ear that will appreciate them. It takes my mind off of things, and feels good to see others laugh.

If I still feel lousy, I just remember everything is temporary.

RestlessSoul

I try to drop any expectations. A lot of stress comes from desires that things will be this way or that. The less I expect, the less stressed I am.

If that didn't work, and I managed to get stressed, I crack rude jokes to an ear that will appreciate them. It takes my mind off of things, and feels good to see others laugh.

If I still feel lousy, I just remember everything is temporary.

Can’t beat a good arse joke :thumbsup: