• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

STRAIGHT WOMEN: Would you date and/or have sex with a female to male transsexual?

Would you?

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I see it as a state of mind.

If you were given a test would you come up "XX" or "XY"?
I am too overtired and depressed to argue about this crap. If you want to see me as a woman, even if it very much bothers me that you would, even though I don't view myself that way, I don't look that way and I don't live that way, you think what you want. I'm tired of explaining it over and over.

If you're truly interested in trying to understand it, you can look at this site: http://transwhat.org/confused/

If you don't bother taking a look, nothing I say will change your mind, anyway.

RRex

Premium Member
I am too overtired and depressed to argue about this crap. If you want to see me as a woman, even if it very much bothers me that you would, even though I don't view myself that way, I don't look that way and I don't live that way, you think what you want. I'm tired of explaining it over and over.

If you're truly interested in trying to understand it, you can look at this site: http://transwhat.org/confused/

If you don't bother taking a look, nothing I say will change your mind, anyway.
I'm an old woman from another era. Change is difficult. We are what we are, both of us.

I don't deny you the right to think or exist as what you want to be. Please don't judge me for what I am.

I tend to follow the science. That is my nature.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm an old woman from another era. Change is difficult. We are what we are, both of us.

I don't deny you the right to think or exist as what you want to be. Please don't judge me for what I am.

I tend to follow the science. That is my nature.
But biology doesn't support the view of sex/gender being a binary. It's a spectrum - biologically, neurologically, culturally and psychologically.
I hope you are doing ok.
Thanks. I've been having a very rough time lately and was sick for a few days. I'm feeling a bit better at the moment.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. I'd probably prefer post-transition, since I do have a preference for certain dangly bits. But I figure if I find someone I really love then doing some supplementation with toys would be better than not having them. ;)

Riders

A female to male transsexual is a person who was born with an XX chromosomal body but is medically transitioning to male or has transitioned to male.

I would like to keep the poll just for women who identify as straight but everyone is welcome to comment.

Yes and No. It depends. I don't mind the fact that he use to be a woman. But however I kind of uh how do I put this have a thing for masculinity and men who are natural dominant in personality.

I had a friend for a awhile at my UU church who was a male transitioned from female and how should I put this, uh small ,skinny,not feminine but kind of mousy and more feminine in the sense he was more emotional then men and definitely not masculine or dominant.

I sometimes question weather or not some folks are doing the right thing when they go through the change because it seems like theres a little of their old self left over in them. But then again its none of my business its between them and theyre higher power,and everybodys got their right to live their life.

But if it comes to me being attracted to anyone, I'm not sexually attracted to anyone who is small mousy or feminine or NOT masculine and dominant, so put it this way, if they meet up to my standards yes I would, but if theres any female apparently left in them no, I'm a heterosexual I'm not attracted to females I'm attracted to males.

Riders

Sure. As long as the transition has been made I think. I am not attracted to the idea of sexual relations with female...parts. But if the person is now fully male, sure.
Fully male yes but not only body parts but in personality too, strong masculine voice, masculine mannerisms, dominant personality, big,masculine walk, talk hairy all that and dominant too.

Riders

I think sometimes having the operation can cause a lot of complicated problems for the person.Ive seen tv shows where the man became a woman who had kids and wife and well of course the divorce comes and hey their kdis hate them because theyre not the same person.

But even if they've never been married, most women are small don't have big muscles and a lot of women who want men want big muscles and masculinity and its just hard for them to get rid of all of their femininity or vice versa when men become women to get rid of all their masculinity. Frankly a lot of people aren't attracted that way, its like I have a hard time with this issue because I believe in everybodys right to change sexes but I don't neccesarily think theyre gonna all be happy with it in the meantime.

Let me put it this way if it makes you happy do it but be aware that you might end up alone. I saw a show on Investigation Discovery true story about a female impersonator in the late 80s early 90s who got killed because he was bisexual.

He had a woman lover and a man lover. He got the operation. His woman lover said I'm not attracted to women and his male lover said I'm not attracted to women and they got together and killed her.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Fully male yes but not only body parts but in personality too, strong masculine voice, masculine mannerisms, dominant personality, big,masculine walk, talk hairy all that and dominant too.
Don't know about all that. People are attracted to all kinds. I've gone gaga over gay guys before that you would not classify as very "masculine" by your standards. If you're hot, you're hot. And I've gone out with big guys, small guys, skinny guys, muscular guys, and yes, those that could be a bit effeminate in their personality. That's fine with me. I can be masculine as well in some areas. What matters most really is connection. Often times feelings bring about attraction.

Draka

Wonder Woman
As an example, I've been with a guy who kind of looked like Rupert Grint. I would not classify him as "masculine" in the stereotypical sense. But really good guy. Then there was this guy who truly had this whole Randy Orton thing going on, from the body to the buzz cut hair (well, he was a Marine) and he would definitely qualify as "masculine". People go for different things and it truly depends on the person. If it doesn't, if it really is all about muscles and hair and gravely voice or butt and boobs and so on...then that's a shallow issue.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
@Riders

Thanks for your input, but I do feel that you may be looking at things in a somewhat flawed way.

First of all, masculinity takes various forms. First and foremost, men are individuals - as all human beings are. There's no one way that men are "supposed" to act or one way that is natural to all men. In regards to emotions, people in general express them in various ways. Men are emotional beings, too. It's our current society that says that men should be less expressive of their emotions, and forcing that on yourself or on others can be quite damaging.

Also, dominance isn't intrinsic to masculinity, either. Some men are more dominant and some aren't. Same with women. It depends on the person. I know some very dominant women, but I would not say they are being masculine (by being dominant) at all.

I'm sorry, but what you described, including the mannerisms you're attracted to, seem more like caricatures or stereotypes of certain cultural views of masculinity, like Paul Bunyan types. They do exist, but most men aren't going to live up to that since people are primarily individuals and are far more complex. If that's what you're into, that's fine but it honestly is more like a fetish, especially if it's something that you feel is absolutely required in a partner. You're very much narrowing your pool of potential mates. Unfortunate, imo.

In regards to transitioning, speaking for myself, I'm transitioning in order to be more true to me. I'm not trying to live up to someone else's standards or society's standards of what a man is or should be. I'm not transitioning to become a completely different person. I'm actually the same person. My personality hasn't changed. I'm just more honest and open about who I am and, since beginning hormone therapy, my body is now more honest about who I am as well. I'm not trying to escape from my past and I don't see that as very healthy, anyway. My past will always be a part of me and it is part of what makes me who I am now, and in the future.

Truthfully, masculinity and femininity are primarily energies and they exist in both males and females. The degree to which they manifest in a given person really depends on the person. I think it is healthier to have more of a balance of both energies and allow them both to manifest themselves in yourself, regardless of if you're a man or a woman or what type of body you have. So yeah - I have feminine aspects, as well as masculine aspects. So does everyone, if everyone would be honest with themselves and with others.