• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight Pride Parade

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I would not feel any different because i don't take it personally (except for when someone directly threatens my life). As i said before in this thread i am not against gay people, but i do understand from what i say i can get a hard time from different people. And i respect that.
And even i can ask difficult questions or even stupid questions, i do try to respect everyone. even they might not respect me. And i hope i do not offend anyone with my questions.

You're cool with people.

The good thing about arguing with people in threads, is the heated arguments usually end in an abundance of hugging and affection......

Eh, I'm thinking of movies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Who is guilty of the us vs them now?
You do realize we used to go to jail just for being us, don't you? The us vs them has long been forced upon us when some bunghole decided personal matters of sex and romance are to be public concerns and issues. And even today we struggle, because the world is not live and let live. But we celebrate, not because we're queer, but because we haven't backed down, shut up, or disappeared back into the closet. And today we can celebrate in public rather than hiding away in shady clubs that were often mob-owned and/or subject to frequent police raids. And though we celebrate our gains and victories, there is still much more left to do.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're cool with people.

The good thing about arguing with people in threads, is the heated arguments usually end in an abundance of hugging and affection......

Eh, I'm thinking of movies.
I have always been told that mutilation is the greatest form of flattery. Should I have not carved my name into the forearms and heads of those former members?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I have always been told that mutilation is the greatest form of flattery. Should I have not carved my name into the forearms and heads of those former members?

051768091773dd122845b5f07a4e0662683450-wm.jpg

advice-animals-memes-untitled1.jpg

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
You do realize we used to go to jail just for being us, don't you?

Yes and Christian's got mauled by Lions for the pleasure of the Pagans. Everyone's been a victim at some point. But everyone also moves on.

And even today we struggle,

Everyone struggles, it's not just LGBT.

And today we can celebrate in public rather than hiding away

Yes and it should be celebrated, not whined about.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Everyone struggles, it's not just LGBT.
True. But not everyone faces an unfair and undue struggle. Those with physical and mental handicaps should be the ones struggling, because they are handicapped. People with physical differences, romantic and sexual attractions that are consensual but non-procreative, they shouldn't struggle because of those things but they do. It's so bad that handicapped people not only struggle with their handicap, they too struggle with people making things unnecessarily harder on themecause society is not live and let live.
"Straight pride" doesn't work because no one has ever struggled for being straight. Its wanting to steal the attention and stage, demanding entitlement for having done nothing. It's pretty much up there as being as bad as "white pride," which is BS because it pretty much always implies Anglo-Saxon and not other distinct European groups (my heritage is also mostly Celtic). And its been a very long time since people have struggled for not being the right white.

Enoch07

Premium Member
True. But not everyone faces an unfair and undue struggle.

Yes they do. Is it fair I got a rare auto-immune disease? Is it fair I can't live without daily medication?

Those with physical and mental handicaps should be the ones struggling, because they are handicapped. People with physical differences, romantic and sexual attractions that are consensual but non-procreative, they shouldn't struggle because of those things but they do

Trust me I know. I have aspergers as well. And have always been a social pariah because of it. People pretend like they care but they don't. They just patronize. I know this struggle very well. Along with rage, depression, suicidal thoughts from being physically/mentally/and sexually abused by both a male and female as a child. Is it any wonder I don't trust anyone? Everyone in this works is p00py towards me and abusive of me, and it has nothing to do with religion or politics. Its just the whole of humanity is p00p. With the exception of a very small group of people I would call friend.

It's so bad that handicapped people not only struggle with their handicap, they too struggle with people making things unnecessarily harder on themecause society is not live and let live.

Aye, i know this as mentioned above.

"Straight pride" doesn't work because no one has ever struggled for being straight.

Nope but we all struggle, would be nice if we could all celebrate out victories over our different struggles together, instead of being segregated.

Its wanting to steal the attention and stage, demanding entitlement for having done nothing.

Nope, if they planned it on the same day as a gay pride parade you would have a valid point and I wouldn't argue this point.

But its not the case.

It's pretty much up there as being as bad as "white pride," which is BS because it pretty much always implies Anglo-Saxon and not other distinct European groups (my heritage is also mostly Celtic).

Nothing wrong with ethnic pride, so long as you don't think your ethnicity is superior to others. We all come from rich cultures, yes even white folk have culture. Nothing wrong with taking pride in that.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Yup. And Ill bet with you because I just dont hear women talk about straight pride, not like men do when the subject of gay pride comes up. Which in itself means its not just going to be a sausagefest, it might be a sausagefest of sexual insecurities.
Well, Milo, while openly gay, is also a slightly less open misogynist.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes they do. Is it fair I got a rare auto-immune disease? Is it fair I can't live there medication?
That falls under the handicap part I mentioned. I struggle because I have Aspergers because it impairs my ability to function socially. Those things happen because **** happens. There is no real reason I should struggle because I'm trans, but I didn't feel safe in Indiana. Its not **** happens, its people happens.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Trust me I know. I have aspergers as well. And have always been a social pariah because of it. People pretend like they care but they don't. They just patronize. I know this struggle very well. Along with rage, depression, suicidal thoughts from being physically/mentally/and sexually abused by both a male and female as a child. Is it any wonder I don't trust anyone? Everyone in this works is p00py towards me and abusive of me, and it has nothing to do with religion or politics. Its just the whole of humanity is p00p. With the exception of a very small group of people I would call friend.

I more or less have overcome years of Schizophrenia.

Enoch07

Premium Member
There is no real reason I should struggle because I'm trans, but I didn't feel safe in Indiana. Its not **** happens, its people happens.

I agree.

I know you didn't feel safe in Indiana. I'm glad you got out.

I understand fully about p00py people as mentioned with the sexual abuse I suffered as a child.

Enoch07

Premium Member
No, not at all. However, Milo is.

Not really, he is a lil p00p to everyone. I'm a fan of I met him he'd probably take a giant p00p on me (metaphorically) its just who he is.:D Of course I'd just give it right back to him then we be BFF's but that's beside the point.