• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight Pride Parade

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
It always seemed odd to me to take pride in something you haven't actually accomplished. Sexual orientation isn't an achievement, any more than left handedness or blue eyes.
I can appreciate such parades as celebrations, perhaps, but I wouldn't take any personal pride in my orientation, race or nationality.

But that's just me.

You sir just hit the nail on the head!

Someone award this man with the King of the Internet for the day!

Even if we are disagreeing in another thread simultaneously about a different issue!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Well as apparent from some of the answers here. It looks like some LGBT view the Straight Pride parade as evil and/or stupid. Which is a shame. Straight allies support Gay Pride parades, so why can't the same be shown on reversal. Very revealing how equality erks some folks.

Not stupid. Just poser-ish to make a political statement at a discriminated-against group who knows how to have fun.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Not stupid. Just poser-ish to make a political statement at a discriminated-against group who knows how to have fun.

Then they should join in on the fun and stop being prudes.:cool:

Why do you think they made Milo Marshall of the Parade!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If Straight people want a parade to celebrate being straight, why do you guys mock it? Many gay people scream if a straight person says something negative about gay pride parade. should you guys not know that what you do now is exactly what you say straights can`t do?
Personally, I don't care what sexual gender someone has, but I ask a question since Gay people screaming for their rights, but when straight people do same then they are evil or stupid?
They are of course free to have their parade just as I am free to question their motives. They've never been oppressed for being straight, they've never been harassed for it, and no ones wanted them to disappear from public sight. So, they do this, why? Because they can't stand sharing the spotlight?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Us LGBTQ+ have our own ways of having fun. Get a spatula and a 2 liter of orange soda, and meet me near GameStop.
My last larp character, I found out the faction "he and/or she," (it was a random thing they did to develop my character's god's character, entirely unrelated to me being trans) belonged to, in real life several members had been with both sexes and male or female one two or three hadn't been with a guy. We were snooty wizards, sorcerers, academics, and me the battle mage in game, but out of game we were way more gay than the in-game flamboyant and bisexual faction.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't judge gay people but why can not the sexual things stay at home?
There are people who dont even want gay people holding hands in public or having pictures of their same-sex spouse on their desk at work they way heterosexuals do.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
There are people who dont even want gay people holding hands in public or having pictures of their same-sex spouse on their desk at work they way heterosexuals do.

Indeed. I also feel it's disrespectful that people refuse to acknowledge how bad we have it. Though I accept it because I want to be accepted in cases where I misunderstand people as well.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Here are the false notions / Straw Men I sometimes see from the Republican side:

1. The LGBTQ+ community should take abuse from Republicans/Conservatives because LGBTQ+ are more rights-focused than the other side.

2. Rather than fixing double standards in the world, double standards should only be fixed on the people easiest to pick on and most easily accessible.

3. If you don't support an evil politician, you yourself are evil or deserve negative treatment based on how you view said politician.

4. It's fine to say whatever you want so long as you have a strong base willing to interpret what you said, and you've done at least a tiny bit of visible good in the world besides.

This post probably won't go over well. But it gets tiring. Might as well call things for what they are.

Enoch07

Premium Member
1. The LGBTQ+ community should take abuse from Republicans/Conservatives because LGBTQ+ are more rights-focused than the other side.

Huh? Never heard this before.

Though the left should lighten up and stop being so serious all the time.

2. Rather than fixing double standards in the world, double standards should only be fixed on the people easiest to pick on and most easily accessible.

You mean the double standard of it's ok to have a gay pride parade but not ok for straight pride parade. The double standard of it ok to make fun of Trump but if you make fun of AOC, or Pocahontas, you're a sexist pig? I think you might be on to something. You should inform your lefty friends they are being hypocrites.

3. If you don't support an evil politician, you yourself are evil or deserve negative treatment based on how you view said politician.

Huh? You can criticize any politician you want. But when someone takes quotes out of context and manipulates the meaning. Yeah that person is trash.

4. It's fine to say whatever you want so long as you have a strong base willing to interpret what you said, and you've done at least a tiny bit of visible good in the world besides.

More good than Obama or any other President within the last 30 years.

This post probably won't go over well. But it gets tiring. Might as well call things for what they are.

Speak your mind, right or wrong, that's what we are here to do.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think I'm projecting because certain comments hit a nerve. I'm not mad by any means, just you get tired of seeing certain (what I consider) flawed ideas after awhile. But let's talk about what's really bothering me...

I used to frequent a dating website. You meet a lot of Conservatives on the free ones. The relationships were roller coasters. Why? They would take me on emotional trips for reasons such as that I didn't have as much money as they expected, and that I wanted to kiss prior to getting married. It was heck.

Later on I met a few liberal women who were very down to Earth. But my worst heartbreaks were by far at the hand of conservatives, and it really messed me up.

Fast forward and I have a conservative believing, 700 club watching family who thinks I'm a medium amount of darkness if I "choose" to be bi, and the devil if I wish to get on hormones. I'm 30 years old and they simply won't leave me alone. They will buy me things and help me a little with finances, even sometimes housework, but then they expect stuff from it, even made me go to church a few times out of guilt.

One of the ideas I had to listen to from them while Obama was in office, was that the white house lighting up the white house rainbow color, caused a huge storm which was the wrath of God, when that storm did happen.

I apologize for my venom which I sometimes have to speak. Put yourself in my shoes, though. And don't even get me started on how my family thinks Trump will save America - especially if he makes any anti-LGBTQ+ choices.

Obsydian

Well-Used Member
I'd like to attend a straight pride parade. I'd possibly have more of a chance of getting laid than at a gay one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Another one to add: Oh my god they want special treatments and extra rights. They've always been excluded and now we're excluded from their community parade and its tots unfair we cant butt in and be included on things that have nothing to do with us! Its discrimination and extra rights and not fair! *super pouty face*

Enoch07

Premium Member
I used to frequent a dating website. You meet a lot of Conservatives on the free ones. The relationships were roller coasters. Why? They would take me on emotional trips for reasons such as that I didn't have as much money as they expected, and that I wanted to kiss prior to getting married. It was heck.

Dating just suck all together nowadays, doesn't matter who you are. The majority of people are just shallow husk with nothing going on inside, other than their owns selfish wants and desires.

Later on I met a few liberal women who were very down to Earth. But my worst heartbreaks were by far at the hand of conservatives, and it really messed me up.

I have never even had a long term relationship with a conservative girl. All my long term relationships was with liberal gals...very liberal gals. Which of course broke my heart. Well except my first fiance, we are still friends. The only long termish relationship ship I tried to have with a conservative gal, she flipped her p00p and went from being a devout Catholic to a raging mad woman bragging to me about providing fellatio to her boss for a raise.

Dating just sucks.

Your family sounds....rough. I won't argue with you about that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
apologize for my venom which I sometimes have to speak.
Get it out: These "love thy neighbor" and "as you have treated the least among you so you have also done unto me" Christians have tons to answer for regarding how they mistreat us, and people never realize how destructive such religious views are until someone like us speaks of our experience.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Get it out: These "love thy neighbor" and "as you have treated the least among you so you have also done unto me" Christians have tons to answer for regarding how they mistreat us, and people never realize how destructive such religious views are until someone like us speaks of our experience.

Okay, there is more. I won't say a lot on these subjects but I'll paint a picture.

While I was recovering from mental illness, I met a conservative woman who tried to emotionally abuse me.

Then I met another person, of the church sort, who did the same later on.

Yet I cannot recall any time a liberal has done anything too bad to me.

This is very flawed thinking. However, the universe is crazy ironic. It's hard to be balanced to both sides in such an ironic universe where the only people who caused you trauma were the church type.

Enoch07

Premium Member
They've always been excluded and now we're excluded from their community parade and its tots unfair we cant butt in and be included on things that have nothing to do with us! Its discrimination and extra rights and not fair! *super pouty face*

It's the left that is butt hurt about a Straight Pride parade though. For some reason I can't fathom. Especially when the LGBT have been invited to be apart of the parade.

How great would it be. If someone formed a Gay Pride parade on the other side of town. Then coordinated with the Straight Pride parade, and the 2 parades met each up with each other and formed a single parade.

That's progress.

But we are far from that day I guess.