• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still voting for Biden after Harris VP pick? You didn't make a decision.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I agree with you. I'm astounded how people in the lower left quadrant of the political compass can easily and consistently be herded into the upper right quadrant to vote.

Mind you, I'm not saying this from my perspective. My only value to Trump is he's massively against China & child-trafficking which I see as problem #1 and #2. The rest of what he says I honestly don't care about. I don't care about BLM, SJW sillies, or muh BS systematic injustice which the Democrat party would be incapable of dealing with either because I don't feel they actually exist. If they do, Dems caused them, lol.

Anyway, yeah, that was the point of this post. Biden-Harris is as anti-black to me as you can be without putting on the KKK hats.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
How do you figure beating Trump isn't valid?
I could count on one hand how many times I've looked at the choice of available candidates and picked the one that got me all hot under the collar with optimistic hope.
Most of the time, I'm picking the one I think has some semblance of respectability (by my measure) and the one I think will do less damage...and maybe, just maybe jump the right way on a couple of key issues (in my opinion).

So...taking Trump out of it...I've voted against a candidate by choosing the opposition roughly as many times as I've voted FOR a candidate. And in a two party system this amounts to much the same thing, if a little more cynically/pragmatically grounded.

I think it is, but not at the expense of selling out core ideas. But, I'm not a fan of the 'negative' vote, and not-voting is valid too. If I don't like either I just don't vote. I also fail to see where Trump is a 'vote against at all costs' type of proposition. He's very much like Biden on paper, sans the selling out to China stuff and the persecution of black people for minor crimes thing that Biden did in the past.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Really? He banned trans people from military service, against the objections of military leaders and evidence. Pence is known to be a rabid homophobe who pushed anti-LGBT laws in Indiana as governor.

This all you got? I think if you'll check the big issue is transgenders join to get the gov't to pay for the operations; this is not the reason we have a military. And please don't paint me as a hater. Our bass player is transgender. We have gone through the trial and agonies she has faced in the last few years, including the final operation (I tell her now she's like the brother and the sister I never had). She agrees with me on the military. She mentor and counsels many who want to make the trans leap. Her first admonition is to be sure why you want to change.

Shouldn't you already know if you deemed them "trifling"?

So you got nothing, then?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This all you got? I think if you'll check the big issue is transgenders join to get the gov't to pay for the operations; this is not the reason we have a military.
How the hell is that any different from joining the military to pay for college, which was a big selling point the military itself uses??? No one takes on a career for purely altruistic reasons. We all have to work for a living and have practical needs to care for.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
How the hell is that any different from joining the military to pay for college, which was a big selling point the military itself uses??? No one takes on a career for purely altruistic reasons. We all have to work for a living and have practical needs to care for.

Uhhh...if you can't see the difference between offering able bodied men and women an enticement for putting their lives on the line, as to opposing someone who joins the military demanding special attention and medical consideration, then we have no grounds for discussion. Have a nice day.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Uhhh...if you can't see the difference between offering able bodied men and women an enticement for putting their lives on the line, as to opposing someone who joins the military demanding special attention and medical consideration, then we have no grounds for discussion. Have a nice day.
Wtf. Yeah, I guess we have no grounds for discussion, what with your insulting double standard. No one's demanding special treatment, smart one, and there is no ethical difference between joining for them to pay for school or joining for them to pay for a medical treatment.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Wtf. Yeah, I guess we have no grounds for discussion, what with your insulting double standard. No one's demanding special treatment, smart one, and there is no ethical difference between joining for them to pay for school or joining for them to pay for a medical treatment.

Seriously?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At the very least it will be refreshing to have a PUTUS who is able to read and even comprehend what he read, and an intention span able to follow along when during a security briefing.
So you're thinking about when Harris takes over?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This all you got? I think if you'll check the big issue is transgenders join to get the gov't to pay for the operations; this is not the reason we have a military. And please don't paint me as a hater. Our bass player is transgender. We have gone through the trial and agonies she has faced in the last few years, including the final operation (I tell her now she's like the brother and the sister I never had). She agrees with me on the military. She mentor and counsels many who want to make the trans leap. Her first admonition is to be sure why you want to change.

So you got nothing, then?

You made an assertion, so the onus is on you. Besides, wasn't a member of your jug band a transwoman? Perhaps they would be better suited to answer your questions, since you think of her as trifling.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You made an assertion, so the onus is on you. Besides, wasn't a member of your jug band a transwoman? Perhaps they would be better suited to answer your questions, since you think of her as trifling.

Evidently you didn't read my post. I went into our friend's change.

Tambourine

Let's face it, that's the dilemma I have with Democrat voters. They absolutely don't pick anything they just mindlessly vote for the party guy (or gal) whoever that is. The would-be President in absentia responsible for a life-destroying crime bill that ruined the lives of countless African-American families, or it's willing enforcer Kamala Harris. Peas-in-a-pod examples of the systematic injustice that the left is always on about.

If I were a leftist myself I'd vote for neither of these guys as they're totally incompatible with progressive values, and no "just beating Trump" isn't valid here. Neither of these people is capable of beating Trump, IMHO, ever. Not because Trump is especially wonderful, but that they carry all the weight of your average Ponzi-scheme purveyor. Trump, in comparison, is nearly unchanging and just the same neo-con type guy he's been since whatever. Agreeable or not, he's consistent, but the Dem leadership thinks they can just jump around and switch their ideology on a dime. That's just not how it works folks...
So your vote for Trump is the result of concluding, after careful deliberation, that he really is the best possible candidate for the office of US President, and has nothing to do with the fact that he is the US Republican Party's chosen candidate?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
So your vote for Trump is the result of concluding, after careful deliberation, that he really is the best possible candidate for the office of US President, and has nothing to do with the fact that he is the US Republican Party's chosen candidate?

Trump gives everyone what they want, but let me make the case:

1) Liberals want to be more miserable.
2) Liberals want their government to be their daddy.
3) Republicans want Trump to be the daddy.
4) Trump wants to 'stop' certain things with daddy power, and that aids #1. #2, and excites #3.
5) Trump can do both, as he's proven.

Win-win, I think for all parties.