• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still voting for Biden after Harris VP pick? You didn't make a decision.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The democrats suck, but I could never vote for a party that includes homophobia, misogyny, and scientific illiteracy as part of its platform.
Of course there is a lot more to it than that, but it's all intertwined with the core.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Maybe they simply don't have time for trifling people who believe the earth may revolve around them...just sayin'.

Yes, how dare they want to be treated with dignity and respect and to be afforded the same rights, freedom, equality, and justice that all citizens of this nation should have. Perhaps The Founding Fathers were "trifling" when they enshrined these things in the constitution? If you consider the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness to be trifling, then perhaps America isn't the country for you? Perhaps you should consider Saudi Arabia? It's a very religious and conservative nation - right up your ally - and I hear that the weather is nice and sunny.

I actually wish the Republican Party would field an adult, instead of an orange racist traitor. It would keep the Democrats more honest and force them to be at the top of their game.

The OP is correct that Biden-Harris can take many Democrats' votes for granted ... that's what happens when you have a President who spends his time watching cable news, using racism / division to appeal to his base, and hurling childish insults at blue states, instead of putting America first.

Maybe they simply don't have time for trifling people who believe the earth may revolve around them...just sayin'.
Wait ... did you just refer to Donald Trump and "trifling people who believe the earth may revolve around them" in the same sentence, as if they are separate things?

Cue the record scratch.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"just beating Trump" isn't valid here.
Let's say that you had a revolver held to your head that's loaded with a single round and within the next chamber. Why wouldn't you give the cylinder a spin if they offered you the opportunity to do so before they pulled the trigger? "X might be a ****ty president so you should instead vote for Y who you know is a ****ty president", is faulty logic.
Nobody is expecting perfect or even good at this point. They just don't want the bottom of the barrel.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If I were a leftist myself I'd vote for neither of these guys as they're totally incompatible with progressive values, and no "just beating Trump" isn't valid here.

How do you figure beating Trump isn't valid?
I could count on one hand how many times I've looked at the choice of available candidates and picked the one that got me all hot under the collar with optimistic hope.
Most of the time, I'm picking the one I think has some semblance of respectability (by my measure) and the one I think will do less damage...and maybe, just maybe jump the right way on a couple of key issues (in my opinion).

So...taking Trump out of it...I've voted against a candidate by choosing the opposition roughly as many times as I've voted FOR a candidate. And in a two party system this amounts to much the same thing, if a little more cynically/pragmatically grounded.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a question of a mediocre President vs. a terrible one. That's not mindless, it's common sense.

Your sudden concern for progressive values is heartwarming, really, but I think us progressives can take it from here, thanks. ;)

I'm not an American, and so I don't get a vote in your elections. I don't rate Biden very highly, and wouldn't have chosen Harris (for a few reasons, some strategic).
But if I give them a 5/10....or even a 3/10...and I'm in a two horse race, that still beats the alternative. I wouldn't vote Trump in a one horse race.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Let's face it, that's the dilemma I have with Democrat voters. They absolutely don't pick anything they just mindlessly vote for the party guy (or gal) whoever that is. The would-be President in absentia responsible for a life-destroying crime bill that ruined the lives of countless African-American families, or it's willing enforcer Kamala Harris. Peas-in-a-pod examples of the systematic injustice that the left is always on about.

If I were a leftist myself I'd vote for neither of these guys as they're totally incompatible with progressive values, and no "just beating Trump" isn't valid here. Neither of these people is capable of beating Trump, IMHO, ever. Not because Trump is especially wonderful, but that they carry all the weight of your average Ponzi-scheme purveyor. Trump, in comparison, is nearly unchanging and just the same neo-con type guy he's been since whatever. Agreeable or not, he's consistent, but the Dem leadership thinks they can just jump around and switch their ideology on a dime. That's just not how it works folks...
I agree with you. I'm astounded how people in the lower left quadrant of the political compass can easily and consistently be herded into the upper right quadrant to vote.

joe1776

Let's say that you had a revolver held to your head that's loaded with a single round and within the next chamber. Why wouldn't you give the cylinder a spin if they offered you the opportunity to do so before they pulled the trigger? "X might be a ****ty president so you should instead vote for Y who you know is a ****ty president", is faulty logic.
Nobody is expecting perfect or even good at this point. They just don't want the bottom of the barrel.
Your analogy works if you think Trump is dangerous and not merely a corrupt buffoon. I don't think so. I can't, for example, see a Donald Trump convincing congress and the American public that Saddam Hussein is building weapons of mass destruction. That kind of deceit takes men of guile.

Knowing that Donald lies makes him impotent. I can't vote for him but the thought that the Democrats might lose again by offering up candidates without vision, like Biden and Harris, intrigues me.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes, how dare they want to be treated with dignity and respect and to be afforded the same rights, freedom, equality, and justice that all citizens of this nation should have. Perhaps The Founding Fathers were "trifling" when they enshrined these things in the constitution? If you consider the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness to be trifling, then perhaps America isn't the country for you? Perhaps you should consider Saudi Arabia? It's a very religious and conservative nation - right up your ally - and I hear that the weather is nice and sunny.

What freedoms are 'they' (whomever 'they' may be) not being afforded?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Wait ... did you just refer to Donald Trump and "trifling people who believe the earth may revolve around them" in the same sentence, as if they are separate things?

Cue the record scratch.

Anything else you'd like to contribute while you have the floor?

pearl

At the very least it will be refreshing to have a PUTUS who is able to read and even comprehend what he read, and an intention span able to follow along when during a security briefing.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
At the very least it will be refreshing to have a PUTUS who is able to read and even comprehend what he read, and an intention span able to follow along when during a security briefing.

Sooo...who replaced Joe?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
So how does Trump discriminate against the LGBT crowd?
Really? He banned trans people from military service, against the objections of military leaders and evidence. Pence is known to be a rabid homophobe who pushed anti-LGBT laws in Indiana as governor.