• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars

M

Majikthise

lilithu said:
Lucas ruined Star Wars for me when he gave a biological basis for the Force in The Phantom Menace. Midi-chlorians, my ***. :rolleyes: And then the dialogue between Queen Amidala and Anikan in the second movie. <gag!> I can't believe that the last one will adequately explain how Anikan gets becomes Vader, who was once one of the scariest villians of all time. But of course I will give Lucas my nine bucks and go see it anyway.
You must spread karma.....

Exactly!

I will also shell out the dough.:rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
the only thing I liked about episode 1 was the light saber fight between Darth Maul, Qui-gon, and Obi. Lucas ruined my image of Yoda with the Episode 2 fight between him and Duku. I've always imagined Yoda as being a wise, old, Jedi-shaman type of character. Not a jumping, twisting, fliping, extremely athletic fighter.
Back to the wookies, the reason the other wookies look a bit more built than Chewie is because Chewie is a runt, who also has a speech impedament. But the problem with the speech problem, is every wookie I've heard talk in a star wars game sounds like chewie, so alot of wookies must have speech problems. I forget his name, but in the Han Solo book trilogy, there was a wookie that could speak Basic.

The Black Whirlwind

i really wanna see how amidala dies, theres something no one knows about. but yeah, im psyched. i was going to go to the show in a big, full body wookie suit, but it was too expensive for my budget, so im going in a plain star wars shirt.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Luke Wolf,

Have you read the 2nd book? In the fight Yoda does not move an inch. That is how good he is supposed to be, doesn't even have to move to beat Tyrranus(I like the sith names better than the real ones :) ). They completely ruined it in the movie, I was extremeley pissed about that.

theres something no one knows about.
No one who hasn't read the book. Which I own but have refrained from reading due to foreknowledge of a couple of angering parts and a dislike of the writing style from the little bit I did read, as well as not wanting to ruin yet another movie.

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
Maize said:
My son is convinced that Anakin turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader because someone is mean to him and he makes a bad choice to be evil to get back at them.
If you didn't already know, the last thing that completely turns him is the reason why a "Jedi shall know no love"...

And that's me being as direct as I can without spoiling...

[url="member.php?u=1897" said:
md_88[/url]]i really wanna see how amidala dies, theres something no one knows about. but yeah, im psyched.
From the screenies I've seen of this scene, it's going to leave quite a few kids quite shocked. It's so sudden! Eek!
[url="member.php?u=1897" said:
md_88[/url]]i was going to go to the show in a big, full body wookie suit, but it was too expensive for my budget, so im going in a plain star wars shirt.
Imagine actually going in a wookie suit! You'd pass out from the heat! I wish I was a dwarf, then I could go in one of those robotic R2D2 suits...

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I must say that I have enjoyed all of them so far, but have never made an opening day viewing! :D

As it is, I introduced the newest movie star to join my training center to the First Aid/CPR class I taught this past Saturday: Manikin Skywalker. Unlike Anikin, Manikin is always needing rescuing! :D

cardero

Citizen Mod
I just saw a commercial where Darth Vader steps out of a 7 Eleven with a Slurpee cup molded in his image. Which leads me to believe that this last installment of the Star Wars "saga" must be a comedy.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
III will no doubt be the darkest and most distubring Star Wars movie yet. Anyone who knows the story line from Star Wars IV - A New Hope, knows what is coming in III, just not exactly how Lucas will show it. The fact that of the six movies, this is the only one to get a PG-13 while the rest were PG gives evidence to the power of the dark side.

IMHO, Lucas didn't ruin Star War with the midi-chlorins. That just gave them a measurable basis to determine who was likely to be a Jedi. It just wasn't that big a problem for me.

We have tickets for Thursday, May 19, 12:01 AM showing and the big, cool, new AMC theatre with stadium seats.:woohoo: Good thing the wife & I don't have to be at work quite as early that day.:D

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I have been advised that we will be now teaching C3PR, and R2O2 Provider. Our new instructors include Darth Inflator and Queen AEDala.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
I am so there. I didn't mind the first two movies. I suppose I haven't read the books either though . One of things I see is that these movies are aimed at a target audiance of young teens and all these 'grown ups' who are all hard core for the first three (when they saw them at while they were young teens) shoot them down. I think they were a couple of decent action / sci-fi flicks and I'm looking forward to the third I think it's going be really, REALLY good.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
On another forum I'm on a post was made by someone who said they saw a prescreening. He didn't spoil it and I won't either but his basic feeling was...

IT FREAKING ROCKED!!!

I'm paraphrasing but that's the idea.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Original Freak said:
On another forum I'm on a post was made by someone who said they saw a prescreening. He didn't spoil it and I won't either but his basic feeling was...

IT FREAKING ROCKED!!!

I'm paraphrasing but that's the idea.
I also heard that sith happens in this film.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Who here is preparing for this film? I mean who on RF is watching the two previous films (Menace and Clones) to build up to the finale? I took it back as far as Return Of The Jedi. I couldn't remember the first two films (I had to do this with Lord Of the Rings) so I need a refresher.

A

angellous_evangellous

carrdero said:
Who here is preparing for this film? I mean who on RF is watching the two previous films (Menace and Clones) to build up to the finale? I took it back as far as Return Of The Jedi. I couldn't remember the first two films (I had to do this with Lord Of the Rings) so I need a refresher.
Yes... My wife and I rented the entire Star Wars saga on DVD this week! We have bought tickets for May 20th. I can't wait!!! :jam:

Master Vigil

I started watching a new hope last night. Tonight will be Empire strikes back, and tomorrow night, ROTJ, and then this weekend will be the first 2. WOOHOO!!!!!