• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars

jewscout

Religious Zionist
i am...

however Lucas is in the works for not 1 but 2 tv series...one live action the other CGI

Ori

Angel slayer
Cool.
I guess in a way it will never really end , but its probably the last time we'll see it on the big screen.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Im sure in a few years all six movies will be played in theatres again, kinda live the original three was a few years ago.
Im excited about Revenge of the Sith. It looks much better than episode 1 and 2, and we finally get to Anakin in the Vader costum. I've actually managed to stay away from spoilers with this movie, unlike the previous two. Allthough I already know alot of what happens. Alot of it any hardcore starwars fan or just a casual one would know, such as Anakin kills alot of Jedi in episode three. Very obvious since in the original trilogy, Obi-one tells Luke the Vader helped the Empire hunt down and kill the Jedi. I also know that Anakin and Obi fight, and Anakin ends up falling in a magma pit. I read that in some star wars scrap-book long time ago.

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
I've seen alot of screens from the new film (by that I mean at least 5 from every scene) and it really looks like Anakin's got a mullet...

Also, I don't like the "crispness" of the newer films. It doesn't feel right. The other films had a grainier look...

...but that's just me nagging.

Master Vigil

I'm very excited!! VADER!!!!!!! And I think Sidious is gonna have a rockin fight with Mace Windu, and one with Yoda!!! WOOHOO!!!! And of couse WOOKIES!!!!!! Yeah, I'm a little excited. :D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
For some reason (I'm probably one of the very few) - Star Wars does absolutely nothing for me; I've watched a couple of films, but I would'nt rush out to watch a new one.

Startrek - now that's different. Why ? -I have no idea!:)

A

angellous_evangellous

I am looking forward to it as well. I want to see Vader kick butt.... there's just gotta be some reason why he is so feared in the previous Star Wars trilogy.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Is it just me or is the advertising for this new Star Wars film not taking the mood or the purpose of this third film seriously? I have seen Darth Vader (apparently far removed from character) in such commercials for M&Ms and Kellogs Corn Pops reduced to little more than comedy relief. Even the TV spots for the trailers are keeping things lighthearted. I am not a Star Wars prude or some disgruntled fan but isn't this the film where Darth Vader turns to the dark side of the force?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
carrdero said:
Is it just me or is the advertising for this new Star Wars film not taking the mood or the purpose of this third film seriously? I have seen Darth Vader (apparently far removed from character) in such commercials for M&Ms and Kellogs Corn Pops reduced to little more than comedy relief. Even the TV spots for the trailers are keeping things lighthearted. I am not a Star Wars prude or some disgruntled fan but isn't this the film where Darth Vader turns to the dark side of the force?
You sound as if you do too much thinking, my friend - and who on earth is 'Darth Vader ?' -do you mean the chap in the black mask with breathing difficulties ? - daft Vader ?:jiggy:

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
carrdero said:
I am not a Star Wars prude or some disgruntled fan but isn't this the film where Darth Vader turns to the dark side of the force?
Dude, it's not as if it's a big suprise! Everyone KNOWS what's going to happen anyway. All the characters are set up, the situation's set up...even the outcome is openly known! So why take it seriously if there's no big suprises?

cardero

Citizen Mod
Cr0wley said:
Dude, it's not as if it's a big suprise! Everyone KNOWS what's going to happen anyway. All the characters are set up, the situation's set up...even the outcome is openly known! So why take it seriously if there's no big suprises?
I keep thinking the tone of this film is going to be somber if not a little depressing and I cannot understand why the producers would lease their characters to be utilized in such commercials. I think it undermines the effectiveness of what is about to transpire for the Anakin Skywalker character (it doesn't really signify a "I gotta have my Pops" moment). It would be like James Cameron allowing the tie in advertising appearances of Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet, sharing a bowl of Cocoa Puffs with some kids or the M&M guys going down with the ship to coincide with the release and promotion of the Titanic.

Dinogrrl

peeb!
Woo yay. It looks so smexy. I'm going to throw myself off a cliff if it's even half as bad as the last two movies.

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
carrdero said:
I keep thinking the tone of this film is going to be somber if not a little depressing and I cannot understand why the producers would lease their characters to be utilized in such commercials. I think it undermines the effectiveness of what is about to transpire for the Anakin Skywalker character (it doesn't really signify a "I gotta have my Pops" moment). It would be like James Cameron allowing the tie in advertising appearances of Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet, sharing a bowl of Cocoa Puffs with some kids or the M&M guys going down with the ship to coincide with the release and promotion of the Titanic.
LOL! Now that you put it that way...

Still, Star Wars has ALWAYS been advertising and merchindise driven. I mean, they released SHOES with R2D3 and C3P0 after Episode 4, and that was in the 1970s! So it's just for the cash, not for the fans...

Dinogrrl said:
Woo yay. It looks so smexy. I'm going to throw myself off a cliff if it's even half as bad as the last two movies.
We're going to miss you, dinogrrl...:(

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
My son is convinced that Anakin turns to the Dark Side and becomes Darth Vader because someone is mean to him and he makes a bad choice to be evil to get back at them. He really likes Anakin and is having a hard time understanding why he becomes the bad guy he's seen in the later episodes. We watched Return of the Jedi a couple nights ago and he was heartbroken when Darth Vader died at the end. He sees him not as a bad guy, but as Anakin Skywalker that he's seen in the first 2 episodes. He's such a sensitive little fellow...

I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do in this next movie I think. :rolleyes:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
orichalcum said:
It ends next month.
Looking forward to Revenge of the Sith?
Lucas ruined Star Wars for me when he gave a biological basis for the Force in The Phantom Menace. Midi-chlorians, my ***. :rolleyes: And then the dialogue between Queen Amidala and Anikan in the second movie. <gag!> I can't believe that the last one will adequately explain how Anikan gets becomes Vader, who was once one of the scariest villians of all time. But of course I will give Lucas my nine bucks and go see it anyway.

Dinogrrl

peeb!
Yeah, Lucas shot himself in the foot with a lot of things in the Episode 1. grr. At least it's fun to laugh at.