• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars

Dinogrrl

peeb!
Yeah, I was confused with the Leia thing too.

All I can come up with is that maybe she has some Force-enhanced early memories? 9_9;;;

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
carrdero said:
Exhibit A:

Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi

(LUKE SKYWALKER has pulled PRINCESS LEIA aside from the Ewok hut, he is about to tell her about Vader being their father.)

LEIA: Luke, what’s wrong?

LUKE: Do you remember your mother, your real mother?

LEIA: Just a little bit, she died when I was very young

LUKE: What do you remember?

LEIA: Just images really, feelings.

LUKE: Tell me.

LEIA: She was…very beautiful..kind..sad. Why are you asking me this?

LUKE: I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.

Now how can Princess Leia claim this in Episode VI if she was taken away after being delivered by her real mother in Episode III? That is a pretty vivid description of a mother she never met.
Not to get picky, but Leia's exact words were "kind...but sad". ;) I know that movie backwards.

Anyway, that point was one of the first things I questioned when we came out of the movie the other night. Leia did have an adoptive mother at the end of ep.3 (Senator Organa made the comment that his wife couldn't have children or something to that effect)...and there is no mention of her mother, only her father, when we first meet her in ep.4. Not having read any books or knowing much more than is in the movies, could she have been talking about her adoptive mother when Luke asked her those questions? Her adoptive mother would have known Leia's heritage, the reason she was given to them in the first place...that'd make anyone a little sad...

Thoughts?

Dinogrrl

peeb!
possible...but I think Leia knew she was adopted (well...I know she knew), and since Luke asked her about her /real/ mother, I'm pretty sure she was talking about her birth mother, not Mrs. Organa.

Master Vigil

I think it was great!! It was much better than the second one, and hayden christensen impressed me alot with his acting this time. It was a sad movie, but it was a somewhat happy ending (probably because I know how it ends in the 6th). Overall, very well done. The music score was amazing (GO JOHN WILLIAMS!!!!). My favorite part about it all, I really can't say, cuz people haven't seen it. But it involves a certain jedi, who has achieved a certain something. :D WOOHOO!!!!!

Fat Old Sun

Master Vigil said:
My favorite part about it all, I really can't say, cuz people haven't seen it. But it involves a certain jedi, who has achieved a certain something. :D WOOHOO!!!!!
That was completely out of left field. It was probably the only part of the movie that caught me off-guard.

I do have issues with the movie though. I liked it more than the previous two, but it could have been far better. I won't go into it any more than that for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen it.

Master Vigil

That was completely out of left field. It was probably the only part of the movie that caught me off-guard.
I almost stood up and starting screaming "HE** YEAH!!!!!!!!" But my girlfriend grabbed my arm and dragged me back down into my seat. :D

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
carrdero said:
I had a great deal of trouble with Skywalker’s “conversion” into the dark side. The reasons were not believable from a Jedi of that understanding. The Paladin Jedi children were more secure in their teachings that Anakin’s decade training.
I agree. The portrail of the transformation to the darkside was unnatural and didn't seem right. Anakin obiously had a conscience and a certain moral clarity. It is one thing for him to lose his temper, or act in a regretable way, but it is another thing entirely to commit himself to be such a murderous villain (for 30+ years?) after long deliberation.

It would almost have been better if this "transformation" was more like a wearwolf or Mr Hyde transformation... one moment he is good, and then his rage/pride/fear grips him and the force suddenly changes him into something different.

Lucas tried too hard to make something that was inherently inhuman seem human.

skills101

Vicar of Christ
Tawn said:
I know that.. but doesnt make sense.. WHY?
Id start an army of sith.. but withhold much of the knowledge from them and use them as pawns.. hehe..
If you read the Phantom Menace book, it mentions the reason why. It is a legend that one Sith Master attempted to have many followers, like the Jedi Order. But, they all turned on each other and went on Sith killing sprees, and none survived... Hence, the death of the Sith. That's why the Sith consist of only an experienced master and a trustworthy apprentice (but that doesn't really help Sidious in ROTJ, does it?)

Or, maybe I'm really wrong, I read the book a few years ago. Correct me if you can.

Master Vigil

It wasn't just his rage and hatred that turned him to the darkside. It was his love, and attachment to Padme. And the emperor used that love and attachment. The power of the dark side is not natural, so his turning would have been more like a werewolf's turning. Like Yoda said in ROTJ, once you start down the path of the dark side, forever will it dominate your destiny. Anakin just wanted to save Padme, but once he decided he needed that power. He was already doomed, the dark side had consumed him. He then became paranoid, and power hungry. He became what the Jedi Council wouldn't let him. He became a Lord.

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
Master Vigil said:
It wasn't just his rage and hatred that turned him to the darkside. It was his love, and attachment to Padme. And the emperor used that love and attachment. The power of the dark side is not natural, so his turning would have been more like a werewolf's turning. Like Yoda said in ROTJ, once you start down the path of the dark side, forever will it dominate your destiny. Anakin just wanted to save Padme, but once he decided he needed that power. He was already doomed, the dark side had consumed him. He then became paranoid, and power hungry. He became what the Jedi Council wouldn't let him. He became a Lord.
Hmm... after thinking about it I tend to agree. By inviting the dark side into him to save Padme, Anakin fell into a place he had no intention of going.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Upon doing some research for my post about the Burger King toys (post #49 -05-22-2005, 10:21 AM ) I went to eBay and found some resources (as well as pictures) and noticed that people are trying to obtain high prices for the coveted Darth Vader toy. When mrscardero and I went to Burger King we were allowed to buy the toys that we needed separately from buying a Kid's Club meal. We purchased 9 out of the 31 figures giving us total of 22 toys including our previous purchases. The manager of the Burger King felt that we were sincere collectors (even though he saw through our transparent "It's for our kids" joke) and offered to make it an even 10 toys. He went in the back office (where they must keep all these things) and produced the rare and elusive Darth Vader figure. I thought this was a nice gesture on his part because he also reminded me how hard it was to find this figure. I thanked him for his kindness and asked him what the figure of Darth Vader did (each figure does or has something neat to do), He said "you wind it up and it becomes conflicted with which force to side with" which I thought was actually pretty funny.

M

Majikthise

I just saw Revenge of the Sith! I have have ragged Lucas for his previous two flops often and with great vigor. But I must say he has redeemed himself in my eyes.

THIS MOVIE ROCKED!!!!

I am pleasently surprised at how good this movie really was!! Good acting ,great tie in story, awsome special effects(I loved the way R2 was portrayed!),cool villains(Palpatine's performance stole the show for me!), and it made you think.This movie had everything I was hoping for and then some. It is definitely on par with the originals ,and I'd even venture to say it surpassed Return of the Jedi. I would have liked more Wookie combat, but what little there was still had me on the edge of my seat!Stormtroopers,stormtroopers and more stormtroopers...Ahhhhhhhh!! They say you can have too much of a good thing, but not when it comes to stormtroopers!! The trooper in forest camo who was with Yoda instantly reminded me of Bobba Fett!!
I left the theater feeling like a starstruck 13 year old again.

So, yeah, it was ok.:D

M

Majikthise

Something strange has happened. After seeing episode 3 I watched episode 2 again for the first time in years. Not only was I able to stand watching it , I enjoyed it! Weird.:confused:

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Majikthise said:
Something strange has happened. After seeing episode 3 I watched episode 2 again for the first time in years. Not only was I able to stand watching it , I enjoyed it! Weird.:confused:
I pulled out Episode 1 yesterday and watched it...and Jar Jar still annoyed the crap outta me. :rolleyes: I watched the special features disk too...I didn't realise I hadn't actually watched it before now. I'll probably do the same with Episode 2 today. I'm considering going back to see Episode 3 again next weekend, if I've got the cash for it. :p Or I may just go buy me one of these:

M

Majikthise

Bastet said:
I pulled out Episode 1 yesterday and watched it...and Jar Jar still annoyed the crap outta me. :rolleyes: I watched the special features disk too...I didn't realise I hadn't actually watched it before now. I'll probably do the same with Episode 2 today. I'm considering going back to see Episode 3 again next weekend, if I've got the cash for it. :p Or I may just go buy me one of these:
I got one of these for my son. It was for him, really , it was!!!!!!;)