• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star of David carved on man by Muslims angry at pro-Jewish infidel.

Straw Dog

Pajamas Media » Star of David Carved on Infidel

I want some thoughts from the awesome people here at RF.

Not sure where to put this but I want any and all to comment on this. I'm very curious to know what people think about this.

Hate crimes are always sad.

Do you mean to get responses about the absence of U.S. media coverage? I'm not quite sure why it didn't make it. I do know that a lot of hate crimes are reported on. Do you think this was consciously neglected because it involved Muslims and there's a liberal conspiracy to protect them? I'm don't think I buy that. The author of the article seems kind of paranoid and eccentric about his generalizations. For example, speaking of "the Left" as if it were some united propaganda monster machine. I'm not quite sure what he's getting at, but it doesn't seem very rational.

Last edited:

Photonic

Ad astra!
Hate crimes are always sad.

Do you mean to get responses about the absence of U.S. media coverage? I'm not quite sure why it didn't make it. I do know that a lot of hate crimes are reported on. Do you think this was consciously neglected because it involved Muslims and there's a liberal conspiracy to protect them? I'm don't think I buy that. The author of the article seems kind of paranoid and eccentric about his generalizations. For example, speaking of "the Left" as if it were some united propaganda monster machine. I'm not quite sure what he's getting at, but it doesn't seem very rational.

Actually, just the news piece itself. Not the wackjob article writer.

The event did occur. I want some thoughts on the event itself.

Straw Dog

Actually, just the news piece itself. Not the wackjob article writer.

The event did occur. I want some thoughts on the event itself.

I guess I can't form a deep analysis of it, then. Hate crimes are always sad and caused by ignorance and arrogance.

InChrist

Free4ever
Hatred is irrational and I believe inspired by Satan, especially the consistent, centuries-old hatred against the Jews.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
What can I say about the crime itself other than that hate crimes are always shameful, in fact, any crime that involves harming another person is shameful? People do awful things to one another, that is a terribly sad and tragic fact.

Onkara

Hatred is irrational and I believe inspired by Satan, especially the consistent, centuries-old hatred against the Jews.

I agree. Those who act on hate will suffer.

It takes a lot of strength to overcome hatred in oneself and until each person takes the step to master themselves the world outside will not change.

This is why the world outside is like a test or a play, because the day someone does not respond to hate with hate, they have come closer to passing the test. They are no longer the puppet being played but the master who controls the strings. They will be judged accordingly.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In the first place, Pajamas Media is NOT a credible source for facts. At the very least, you can expect anything on that blog to be woefully distorted. At worse, to be fabricated. I am disappointed anyone would quote them here. RF, for all it's faults, does not deserve to be associated with the likes of Pajamas Media.

In the second place, the abysmal integrity of Pajamas Media might or might not explain why the general media has not picked up on the story --- the story might not be what Pajamas Media says it is.

In the third place, if a man was indeed assaulted for having written a poem sympathetic to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust, then that is an example of how disgusting humans can be. But without a reliable source for the details, it is hard to say more than that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Interesting....I googled: Alsaegh poet star
I found no news source I was familiar with. The ones I did find had questionable features.
The anti-Muslim tone was pervasive. One (frontpagemag.com) had this headline....
Sharia Vigilante Street Justice in America
Yet there was nothing in their article to suggest that Sharia was at all related.
I won't say he faked it, but it does remind me of Tawana Brawley.

Let me go on the record with a controversial stand:
It is wrong to yank anyone out of their car, & carve them up.

Photonic

Ad astra!
In the first place, Pajamas Media is NOT a credible source for facts. At the very least, you can expect anything on that blog to be woefully distorted. At worse, to be fabricated. I am disappointed anyone would quote them here. RF, for all it's faults, does not deserve to be associated with the likes of Pajamas Media.

In the second place, the abysmal integrity of Pajamas Media might or might not explain why the general media has not picked up on the story --- the story might not be what Pajamas Media says it is.

In the third place, if a man was indeed assaulted for having written a poem sympathetic to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust, then that is an example of how disgusting humans can be. But without a reliable source for the details, it is hard to say more than that.

It was the first source, please calm down. I know it is incredibly biased, but it's one of the few overages of the event because major news outlets did not pick this up.

I will try to find a proper news source but I'm not sure about this one anymore.

I was just looking for thoughts.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
That sucks what happened to the guy. Never expected to hear an Arab getting attacked by Arabs. :shrug: Id still be more worried about neonazi hicks

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Muslims get attacked by Muslims all the time. The same is true of every other religion on Earth.

zuluniner

the attackers are not fully to blame. neither are the suicide bombers. they are unfortunate human beings who just so happened to be born and raised/indoctrinated in a certain environment. life is relative. you can steal all the newborns of any religious extremist/terrorist cult and raise them to be liberal pot head tree hugging VW bug driving hippies in cali.

as crazy as it may sound. the only way you can stop extremism is by murdering all extremists. once indoctrination takes hold there is no turning back. much like the innocent puppy dog who was unfortunate enough to be raised in an agressive environment must be put down.

Copernicus

as crazy as it may sound. the only way you can stop extremism is by murdering all extremists. once indoctrination takes hold there is no turning back. much like the innocent puppy dog who was unfortunate enough to be raised in an agressive environment must be put down.
This is false on many grounds. There is no fixed supply of extremists, and murdering many will not stop that supply from growing. You can stop murderers by making it impossible for them to continue murdering others and by convincing them to stop. Murdering them is not your only option.

zuluniner

This is false on many grounds. There is no fixed supply of extremists, and murdering many will not stop that supply from growing. You can stop murderers by making it impossible for them to continue murdering others and by convincing them to stop. Murdering them is not your only option.

sure there is. at any given moment in time there is a fixed supply of extremists. take a cult for example. if you kill everyone except unaware young ones, you have just cut off the "supply from growing". religious extremism will never stop if we keep allowing newborns to be subjected to extremist upbringings. the cycle will keep repeating itself..... best case it will eventually die off extremely slowly, and im talking centuries, as a result of continued pressure/influence by modern society. imagine how many lifes(of both victims of indoctrination and victims of their future actions) will be destroyed during this long waiting process.... by any calculation it is better to engage in a cold blooded killing spree of thousands of extremists now than suffer millions of casualties(both physically and psychologically) later.

Copernicus

sure there is. at any given moment in time there is a fixed supply of extremists...
Yes, but it takes more than a given moment of time to kill them all off. In the meantime, more appear. You are on a fool's errand, if you think that you can eradicate evil by killing all the evil people in the world.