• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirituality in Men and Women

Master Vigil

It is not a case of sex, but culture. I believe women are more elemental. And therefore more spiritual and emotional. Men are afraid of their emotions, and therefore go against there spirituality. This is not of course true in all cases. But I find it to be so. There is no sex in the spirit realm, so I believe it to be completely based on society and culture.

Men and women definitely have different beliefs. Women tend to be more in tune with their feelings, and they like to interact with people. Men tend to be more about logic, and interaction with 'things'.

For example, far more men than women believe in the loch ness monster and bigfoot. At the same time, more women than men believe in psychics and speaking with dead relatives. Men beleive in monsters, women believe in ghosts.

Lightkeeper

I don't believe in ghosts or monsters. I'm instrospective and believe that ghosts and monsters are projections. I love interacting with people, but I also love my electronic equipment. I love to repair things and discover how everything works, including the psyche. I also love to create and build. I'm a born hunter (not animals). I think a lot of these characteristics are supposedly masculine, but I am WOMAN.

I'm sorry, Lightkeeper...I wasn't trying to stereotype you. :) Statistically speaking, however, most of the people who believe in ghosts/talking with the dead/psychic readings are women, and most of the people who believe in bigfoot/aliens/loch ness monster are men.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Lightkeeper said:
I don't believe in ghosts or monsters. I'm instrospective and believe that ghosts and monsters are projections. I love interacting with people, but I also love my electronic equipment. I love to repair things and discover how everything works, including the psyche. I also love to create and build. I'm a born hunter (not animals). I think a lot of these characteristics are supposedly masculine, but I am WOMAN.
All of which suggests that generalizations are generalizations.

Religion is pervasive over space and time. To the extent that there exist differences in how the sexes tend to perceive and relate, these differences will be reflected in all cultural institutions.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Master Vigil said:
It is not a case of sex, but culture. I believe women are more elemental. And therefore more spiritual and emotional. Men are afraid of their emotions, and therefore go against there spirituality. This is not of course true in all cases. But I find it to be so. There is no sex in the spirit realm, so I believe it to be completely based on society and culture.

I agree. In general, men and women respond to, and express most things differently. Why would spirituality be any different?

Ceridwen018

We all seem to agree that women and men express spirituality differently. Which do you think is MORE spiritual then? Or, which sex, by their general ways of expressing spirituality, do you think would be more successful in conveying that spirituality and working with people?

trishtrish10

philosophy is human spirituality. theology is Divine spirituality. Jesus is to be imitated as he was both human and Divine. we all have our own individual plan of salvation, as we are all unique. the passion was so terrible, God created a universe which is billions of years old. i think he was pondering his passion and truly doubt there is life on other planets. another passion would be too terrible to repeat. besides the position of our planet is very delicate and impossible to be replicated somewhere else. i know a man who researches alien sightings and he says they are evil angels.

trishtrish10

some people want to be God and decide who is to live and who to die, like some of the supreme court justices as well as Hitler, stalin and many u.s. politicians.

trishtrish10

theology or the study of divine spirituality, is the highest form of understanding one another and self, thru the example of God in his humanity. if u worship the Lord God as mentioned in the Bible u get to share in his Divinity as he shared in our humanity. the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit and many other marvelous gifts may be yours to behold and use to make the world a better place to live in. many miracles, visions and locutions are waiting for u if u accept his invitation to be saintly. God calls everyone to be a saint, but suffering is involved and many are gun shy.

philosophy or human spirituality just deals with human nature, although some philosophers may claim to be smarter than their creator. it is a lesser discipline with many flaws depending on the philosophy. for instance utilitarianism is unfair, as it forces a minority suffer even die for the benefit of the majority. as u can see this is not a divinely inspired philosophy. one must be careful when a man subtly deceives the ignorant for some type of benefit or profit. another example of this is the rapture. according to proverbs, false prophecy is the prediction of doom and gloom. that's the basis of la hays and jenkins books and movies from which they became rich at the cost of ignorant people who are led to believe in this type of judgement. hardly anyone outside the u.s. has even heard of the rapture and incidently, christianity didn't start in the u.s., but some americans think it is the most contemporary because we are a superpower and taught our government and many authors are infallible.