• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Things

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Today is a good day.

First, it marks my 2 year anniversary of becoming a Noahide. This is very good because I've had virtually no doubts, I haven't felt attracted to any other religions and I feel secure now. It's two years of my spiritual life being sorted, for which I am immensely grateful. Wrestling with faith is hard, depressing and lonely, and I'm glad I'm not in that position anymore. Baruch HaShem.

Second, today is the day I applied to join the British Army, the one thing that, now my spiritual life is sorted, will hopefully sort my secular life. Hopefully within a few months I'll be in Edinburgh on a three-day training course, running, lifting and teamworking. It sounds trying but terrific.

Third, it's Channukah. Happy Channukah!

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Happy anniversary! I didn't know you when you were a seeker, as I'm approaching my two you anniversary of joining the forum. But being stable in your spiritual path is a good thing. Glad to hear you have that going for you!

What are you planning on doing in the army?

And happy Hanukkah! (Don't blame me, spell check made me spell it that way. :shrug:)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Happy anniversary! I didn't know you when you were a seeker, as I'm approaching my two you anniversary of joining the forum. But being stable in your spiritual path is a good thing. Glad to hear you have that going for you!

What are you planning on doing in the army?

And happy Hanukkah! (Don't blame me, spell check made me spell it that way. :shrug:)
Thanks Salix.

I'll see. We all do the same basic training to start with (of course) and then I'll see what looks best for me. Starting in a clerk position then working my way to wherever seems best is likely right now.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
rite-lite-chanukah-gelt-milk-chocolate-coins-4.gif

@sun rise. Nope, they aren't.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Today is a good day.

First, it marks my 2 year anniversary of becoming a Noahide. This is very good because I've had virtually no doubts, I haven't felt attracted to any other religions and I feel secure now. It's two years of my spiritual life being sorted, for which I am immensely grateful. Wrestling with faith is hard, depressing and lonely, and I'm glad I'm not in that position anymore. Baruch HaShem.

Secondly, today is the day I applied to join the British Army, the one thing that, now my spiritual life is sorted, will hopefully sort my secular life. Hopefully within a few months I'll be in Edinburgh on a three-day training course, running, lifting and teamworking. It sounds trying but terrific.

Thirdly, it's Channukah. Happy Channukah!

Happiness and comfy to you, but I find such certainty unsettling and not human.

From a poem I wrote . . .

Will they ever learn?

Not too hot nor too cold
Soft and warm is a cozy fete.
When mediocrity reigns,
No one gets wet.

Will they ever learn?

Nice and polite, comfort and graces.
Of course. every one may choose their own,
Comfort chooses the past dust and ashes
and claim the only truth their own .

Will they ever learn?

Pick and choose the shoes that fit.
What pleases thee may not please me.
Worn paths of dust and ashes these shoes take.
The shoes of comfort are not the fit for thee nor me.

Last edited: