• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Some Feminists are Man-Haters"

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
Still doesn't justify bigotry.

I am mentally ill. I have severe depression. I'm bi-polar type 2 and I'm Schizotypal. Since the third one is lesser known here is what it is: Schizotypal personality disorder (STPD) or schizotypal disorder is a mental disorder characterized by severe social anxiety, paranoia, and often unconventional beliefs.

But if you been paying attention to my posts none of that should be a surprise.

From this thread no less. BTW I deleted this post because I thought somehow it was posted in the wrong thread.

freethinker44

From this thread no less. BTW I deleted this post because I thought somehow it was posted in the wrong thread.
Don't care, it doesn't justify misandry. Everyone has problems, I have problems too, but I don't hate half the human species because of it.

Kori

Don't care, it doesn't justify misandry. Everyone has problems, I have problems too, but I don't hate half the human species because of it.

You are aware that testosterone is the worst drug on the planet. Nothing is responsible for more wars, oppression and you guessed it, rape. Do you know what it's like to tolerate at the very most your own kind? To hate yourself because of that and for what your ancestors (my family came from Sweden) have done? Do you have any clue?

LittlePinky82

Doesn't matter at all. Elliot Rodgers had mental issues and unconventional thinking, does that justify his hatred of women and killing spree? Hell no it doesn't.

If you don't want to understand that's your prerogative.Last time I checked this person hasn't gone out and did anything? (that we know of from their own posts in this thread anyways) So, really, your example is a poor one.

I see the poster as being self-critical over this, & harming no one.
So I cut'm some slack.

Exactly. It seems more of an internal issue they are dealing with brought upon by mental issues they can't control except through the help of medicine and dr over sight.

You are aware that testosterone is the worst drug on the planet. Nothing is responsible for more wars, oppression and you guessed it, rape. Do you know what it's like to tolerate at the very most your own kind? To hate yourself because of that and for what your ancestors (my family came from Sweden) have done? Do you have any clue?

I'm a white American so yes I can understand those feelings when you learn about the history of the country and the present. But really you shouldn't blame yourself if you haven't done anything to warrant it. If you try to be the best you that you can be and be good to others and be a good citizen that's all you can ask for and if you try to help people when they ask you for it. My ancestors are Native's and also from Europe so... One side of my family was part of the nastiness and the other side an ancestor fell in love with a Native woman lol. So, really you can't change the past but you can work on the present and future in whatever ways you can.

LittlePinky82

I specifically asked in the post you first responded to if the White homeless man had more privilege than I. A woman.
So no, you just jumped on an assumption without any real basis, to the point of ignoring specific contextual clues.

Yeh everyone has to deal with racism. So? Asians are no nonsense types and they work hard. Did I say otherwise? But I find it insulting, as a minority, that you would use us in a manner which paints us as helpless victims. We are not. We do something about our status. And some of us are sick of others speaking on our behalf lamenting over racism that we overcome, both from society and in our own communities. Half and halves will know what I'm talking about there.

You talk about us Asians/minorities as though we are your pet projects. Cooing with pride at our achievements like we had to overcome something terrible. In reality us Western born minorities living in suburbia didn't face as many hardships in comparison to our parents. A fact that is commonly seized upon by our parents at every conceivable opportunity.
In lower economic areas that is a different story, of course. But I do not imagine it was any less difficult for the white person living in the lower economic status either.
Course you probably can tell me why their plight is less important just because of their melanin levels?

It's very easy for the sociological types (specifically Gender/Women's studies) to pontificate on the tragedies of our society. Lament over things like privilege and the like. But I find it rather interesting that they refuse to listen to any sort of dissent from the very minorities they speak on behalf of. Speaking generally, of course.

I'm sorry but I'm getting too tired and emotionally/mentally drained in this thread and am not very good at debating with people and thinking out my thoughts. I don't seem to be doing any good in this thread and as such I'm going to take my leave of absence after this post. I'm going to just leave you with these links and let other people speak on my behalf. And, for the record, pointing out privileges isn't about making people of any type victims whether it's with race or gender. See the links for why. The last one is especially good about it. I'm sorry but I'm just going to take my leave now.

http://occupywallstreet.net/story/explaining-white-privilege-broke-white-person (this one is great because it specifically addresses your first post about a white homeless man so I highly recommend that one for you)

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...h_our_conversation_about_white_privilege.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/what-is-white-privilege-1.2852643

http://www.timwise.org/f-a-q-s/ (this guy is fantastic about the issue of white people and racism. He talks to people about the issue in a way that is understanding and trying to just show people what it's about)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-howerton/white-privilege-doesnt-me_b_5296914.html

As far as your gender goes I'm sorry for not seeing it at the time. My apologies. My post still stands about the issue, however, and I just point to the links. Now, I'm sorry but for my own well being I'm going to have to take a leave. I don't do debating (I like talking to people) because I'm just not good at it and don't have the mental skills to do that good at it. I know I'm just making things worse for myself so I'll say see you around and I hope you read the links if you are interested on my view of the issue.

Last edited:

Kori

Doesn't matter at all. Elliot Rodgers had mental issues and unconventional thinking, does that justify his hatred of women and killing spree? Hell no it doesn't.

I see the poster as being self-critical over this, & harming no one.
So I cut'm some slack.

It doesn't matter how "free"thinker talks to me. I'm use to it. But yeah comparing me to a woman killer? That's disturbing but at the same time means nothing to me. "free"thinker I do not take you seriously because some of the things I've asked to you have ignored. I do not know your methods but even though I am damaged I still am aware of the evils of the world. You label me this and that but all you are showing is that you show a willfulness to stand against someone who is a different type of pro-woman thought. Just stop for two reasons: one you refuse to acknowledge some of the questions I have posed to you. And two you are fighting a losing battle. You are never going to make me forget all the things I have learned about my kind.

freethinker44

If you don't want to understand that's your prerogative.Last time I checked this person hasn't gone out and did anything? (that we know of from their own posts in this thread anyways) So, really, your example is a poor one.
Elliot Rodgers hadn't gone out and done anything either... until he did, and then he became a living nightmare.

I do not take you seriously because some of the things I've asked to you have ignored.
Nothing you could possibly say would make me accept hating half or "barely tolerating" half of the human race. And I have no interest in having a rational discussion with you about it because I can't reason someone out of something they didn't reason theirself in to.
And for the record, I did read your post about women, how you're "VERY anti-rape", but unfortunately for you, the post I read immediately before that was you saying you don't care about male rape victims, so theirs no white-knight title for you from me, it's hypocrite at best.

I do not know your methods but even though I am damaged I still am aware of the evils of the world.
You said you have no problem with being sexist. You ARE one of the evils in the world.

You label me this and that but all you are showing is that you show a willfulness to stand against someone who is a different type of pro-woman thought.
I didn't label you anything, you walked into the label and wore it with pride.
I am completely and apologetically willing to stand against someone that thinks hating men = pro-woman.

And two you are fighting a losing battle. You are never going to make me forget all the things I have learned about my kind.
A losing battle? Look at the title of this thread. That's you dude. You are the man-hating feminist, feminists here on these forums constantly denounce. I know because us non-feminists bring it up every discussion. You might have better luck at tumblr, they're more accepting of your "kind".