• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Societal Annoyances

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
-When you are waiting for the squat rack or some other specific equipment in the gym, and the person on it would rather socialize with people or mess around on their phone instead of lifting.

-When someone volunteers to spot you mid-lift.

-When someone you don’t know just randomly tries chatting it up with you in the gym… while your are in between lifts, in the zone focused on your workout and trying to enjoy your music.

-When a YouTube commercial comes on mid-lift.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Holes in socks. I never know how they form and they there within a week of buying said socks

Holes in my socks are above the big toe because my nails turn up and cut the sock. Apart from cutting my nails I have to change socks so that the right hand one (if there is such a thing) goes on the left foot and visa versa.
Then you could start turning them upside down also but that is less comfortable usually.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It's not uncommon for people to come here and **** and moan about the political situation of ones country. At least as of late.

So instead of complaining about ones major issues with their country or govt. Let's all gripe about the minor annoyances instead.

I'll go first.

I'm really annoyed by the fact that prices at stores in the US are always oddly priced/numbered (ie 39.99), and never has the taxes included in the price.

I miss walking into a grocery store in Japan grabbing 2000yen worth of products and paying 2000 yen at checkout.

Like how hard is it to do the math before you put the stickers on. I'm convinced it's a ploy to get people to spend more money then intended.
People without awareness or care.
How hard would it be to put your cart to the side in the supermarket? Or walk on the side when looking for something? You are not alone, there are other people with you.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This is true too haha. Or the missing sock in the laundry.

I thought i could solve that problem by buying all black socks. The only problem now is each time i buy they are a different length from previous so we still have a load of odd socks

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
People without awareness or care.
How hard would it be to put your cart to the side in the supermarket? Or walk on the side when looking for something? You are not alone, there are other people with you.
Other . . . people??

Edit: I know exactly what you mean, I once told a woman in the supermarket who was doing with your describing here, "Hey you know what? (All excited like I was about to share the most fun bit of information ever with her) If you put your hand on your hip you could block the whole aisle"!

Brian2

Veteran Member
Other . . . people??

Edit: I know exactly what you mean, I once told a woman in the supermarket who was doing with your describing here, "Hey you know what? (All excited like I was about to share the most fun bit of information ever with her) If you put your hand on your hip you could block the whole aisle"!

I hope you were smiling at the time.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What does golf have to do with footwear?
Hey, he could mark an "L" on the left sock,
& an "R" on the right sock. But be sure to
identify correctly.

You need to be able to read in the language of the sock.

Here in france it would be G and D.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Why don't traffic lights switch at night when there's no traffic to speak of. I sit there and wonder if there's a cop lurking hoping to give a ticket. They should go to blinking yellow or yellow in one direction and blinking red (stop and go) in the other.
I think in Spain that does happen. I could be wrong.