• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Societal Annoyances

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's not uncommon for people to come here and **** and moan about the political situation of ones country. At least as of late.

So instead of complaining about ones major issues with their country or govt. Let's all gripe about the minor annoyances instead.

I'll go first.

I'm really annoyed by the fact that prices at stores in the US are always oddly priced/numbered (ie 39.99), and never has the taxes included in the price.

I miss walking into a grocery store in Japan grabbing 2000yen worth of products and paying 2000 yen at checkout.

Like how hard is it to do the math before you put the stickers on. I'm convinced it's a ploy to get people to spend more money then intended.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Holes in socks. I never know how they form and they there within a week of buying said socks

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
This is true too haha. Or the missing sock in the laundry.
All my socks are mismatched cuz I throw away the ones with holes once I can't wear them anymore and they get bad enough they need to be trashed but keep the other sock from the pair that don't have a hole. So if I lost a sock in the laundry i wouldn't know I dont pair them up cuz in the morning I just grab two socks don't care if they matched and put them on.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why don't traffic lights switch at night when there's no traffic to speak of. I sit there and wonder if there's a cop lurking hoping to give a ticket. They should go to blinking yellow or yellow in one direction and blinking red (stop and go) in the other.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
All my socks are mismatched cuz I throw away the ones with holes once I can't wear them anymore and they get bad enough they need to be trashed but keep the other sock from the pair that don't have a hole. So if I lost a sock in the laundry i wouldn't know I dont pair them up cuz in the morning I just grab two socks don't care if they matched and put them on.
I've solved this conundrum by only buying white socks of a certain brand and style...:D

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Why don't traffic lights switch at night when there's no traffic to speak of. I sit there and wonder if there's a cop lurking hoping to give a ticket. They should go to blinking yellow or yellow in one direction and blinking red (stop and go) in the other.

They do do this in a lot of places in Wisconsin.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Do yours not get holes? If they don't please tell me the brand!
Of course they get holes...that's the point: all the socks are identical so they aren't in matched pairs anyway...

My preference is Gold Toe, ankle high for summer and the taller ones for cool weather. But you could do this with any brand/style/size...just get them in the same color...

Audie

Veteran Member
That last person who just HAS to get
on the subway. The door can't close so
the train can't go. Do they get off? No!
They push harder till someone shoves them out.
Baka****!, as they say in Japan.