• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slavery and Islam

firedragon

Veteran Member
I have a better idea than Mohamed.

Ban slavery all together.
Yes. If you are an Asian, can you go ban slavery in Albania? You can only do that in your country where you rule. What if you live in a country where slavery is rampant, how can you change the law?

But what you can do is free at least a slave or two.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I have a better idea than Mohamed.

Ban slavery all together.

I've been having the same thought for a while, but with research I found out that if slavery was forbidden since the beginning, millions and millions of people would have met their demise or left to death with no one to take care of them. In the old days we did not have social insurances/services of any kind and security was nothing to talk about. in a big scale. As for now, Islam give authorities limited power of attorney and having slavery abolished now is one of them.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
They didn't own them but they were freed.

Yes. If you are an Asian, can you go ban slavery in Albania? You can only do that in your country where you rule. What if you live in a country where slavery is rampant, how can you change the law?

But what you can do is free at least a slave or two.

I've been having the same thought for a while, but with research I found out that if slavery was forbidden since the beginning, millions and millions of people would have met their demise or left to death with no one to take care of them. In the old days we did not have social insurances/services of any kind and security was nothing to talk about. in a big scale. As for now, Islam give authorities limited power of attorney and having slavery abolished now is one of them.

Ok to all three of you, I am saying that Mohamed should have outright banned slavery, and if he could not based on how the world worked, then it is Allah's fault for making the world that way.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Ok to all three of you, I am saying that Mohamed should have outright banned slavery, and if he could not based on how the world worked, then it is Allah's fault for making the world that way.

Banning isn't the solution.
Muhammed only delivered the message, it isn't because Muhammed didn't like the pork that it was forbidden or because
he didn't like the wine that it was forbidden..etc.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Ban it where?

The prophet Muhammed was only the deliverer (Quran 5:99). Since you dont understand the theology of the Quran you are asking this question but thats a perfectly logical question.

Anyway, Slavery is not allowed in the Quran.

What if I put it this way for you. Slavery is considered polytheism.

If you want to hear from Muhammeds mouth or something, he has gone beyond banning slavery. He decrees freeing slaves as part of your oath. It is defined as an act of piety.

In the OP I cited that there are millions of slaves in this world. Why dont you try and free one. I am sure, even if you dont believe in some divine salvation, still you will feel so good you will lead a life feeling a sense of gratitude for like and a lot of happiness.

Peace.

firedragon

Veteran Member

And your second concern about God making the world this way, this is the question many have. This is a whole subject of study. We call it Theodicy. That cannot be explained this way because the current understanding of the God concept is so ironed in our heads that it is next to impossible.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
What if I put it this way for you. Slavery is considered polytheism.

On what planet? My incredulity aside, I'd love to see your response on this.

If you want to hear from Muhammeds mouth or something, he has gone beyond banning slavery. He decrees freeing slaves as part of your oath. It is defined as an act of piety.

You can't really go 'beyond' making slavery against Islam; which is something Allah & Muhammed both failed to do. Pointing out that freeing slaves is an act of piety isn't a carte blanche act of abolition. If Allah is morally perfect, why does he not explicitly forbid the immoral practice of slavery. He didn't need to be so ambiguous; he should have spelled it out like he did with other issues.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The infidel has at least tried to do something about the problem. Whereas Islam has, while claiming to be a complete & perfect moral system, taken one look at a huge immorality and said 'eh, can't be bothered fixing that'.

And what they did to fix it and why it's still existing and even increasing not to mention the worst of it
sex trafficking and who do you think work in such kind of business, the Imam.:rolleyes: