• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Six Reasons Young Christians Leave Church"

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The parents of these "Christian" children have, whether willingly or not, failed to instil in their children a reverence for the sanctity of the marital act, and a disgust for promiscuity. These teenagers have been failed in the home, and as a result, have been corrupted by the world and its degenerate ideas pertaining to sexuality - they feel entitled to the right to be promiscuous wretches, and as a result, two out of five (40%) said the church’s 'teachings on sexuality and birth control are out of date'. Additionally, as members of a horrifically coddled generation as theirs, they feel entitled to nothing but praise - they reject criticism, even when positive, and refuse to change their own, immature perspectives to conform with their faith
Thanks. Its what I thought it was. I had hoped not but it was.

- one-sixth of young Christians (17%) said they “have made mistakes and feel judged in church because of them.
Mathew 7: 1-5
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.B)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-23318B" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.C)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-23319C" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
[/QUOTE]

Stalwart

The weaponisation of scripture through the drawing out of particular passages which suit one's agenda only works against Protestants - we know that we are to hate sin, and admonish the sinner.

That said, you'll notice that I have placed most of the blame upon the parents. The poor moral grounding they have given their children is the cause of the issue.

The #1 reason young people leave church is because church conflicts with the secular humanism religion that schools and the media teach them.

The #2 reason young people leave church is because churches try to be entertaining (rather than reverent) and the same constant entertainment loses entertainment value over time.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
We lose clergy numbers and congregations at pretty much the same rate as the Catholics these days.
Only our more "Charismatic" and "Evangelical" style congregations are growing.
The more Traditional and strict Anglo-Catholic churches are taking the greater Hit.
The trend to Local ministry in various forms, has tended to address the issue of lack of young ordinands coming forward to some extent.

Whilst we have lost some clergy to abuse scandals, It has not reached the levels of some Catholic Diocese, as we have always been more proactive in ferreting offenders out. And our Clergy being mostly married, have less incentive/temptation perhaps. Such things must have an effect on the young persons perception of the Christian Church.

Could it be that people just realize that the more rcc related style of church, etc, just isn't legit? I think sometimes, people leave churches for good reasons; some of those reasons in the original post seemed very legit

We lose clergy numbers and congregations at pretty much the same rate as the Catholics these days.
Only our more "Charismatic" and "Evangelical" style congregations are growing. The more Traditional and strict Anglo-Catholic churches are taking the greater Hit.

Another reason young people stop going to church: Liberal churches teach that going to church is irrelevant, therefor they should be expected to shrink.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Could it be that people just realize that the more rcc related style of church, etc, just isn't legit? I think sometimes, people leave churches for good reasons; some of those reasons in the original post seemed very legit

far more nonconformist churches have become redundant and closed in recent years than than main line ones. Village Methodist chappels in wales are all but a memory.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
far more nonconformist churches have become redundant and closed in recent years than than main line ones. Village Methodist chappels in wales are all but a memory.

non-Christians are non Christians, Terry. it means churches close

Doesn't really matter what type of church

Last edited:

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The weaponisation of scripture through the drawing out of particular passages which suit one's agenda only works against Protestants - we know that we are to hate sin, and admonish the sinner.

That said, you'll notice that I have placed most of the blame upon the parents. The poor moral grounding they have given their children is the cause of the issue.
Then you are still judging the parents. Judgement of them or the parents is neither here nor there. I don't care if you judge. Go ahead. I judge all the time. Just don't claim to back the religion that states that you shouldn't judge. I find there is a lot of Catholic arrogance to be had in just the same order when they talk about protestants

Stalwart

Then you are still judging the parents. Judgement of them or the parents is neither here nor there. I don't care if you judge. Go ahead. I judge all the time. Just don't claim to back the religion that states that you shouldn't judge. I find there is a lot of Catholic arrogance to be had in just the same order when they talk about protestants

I'm not judging - I don't have the right to judge. Instead, I'm scrutinising and admonishing, as we as Christians are instructed to do. Do not presume to lecture me on my own religion.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm not judging - I don't have the right to judge. Instead, I'm scrutinising and admonishing, as we as Christians are instructed to do. Do not presume to lecture me on my own religion.
I'll lecture you all I want. Especially when I'm right. You can scrutinize and admonish all you like. But when you outright say that the parents are failures that is judgement. EVEN IF you blame the parents you are still judging the children. You call them promiscuous wretches for exaple. That requires judgement on your part.

Either be the religion that does not judge or be the religion that judges. You can't have it both ways.

Stalwart

I'll lecture you all I want. Especially when I'm right. You can scrutinize and admonish all you like. But when you outright say that the parents are failures that is judgement. EVEN IF you blame the parents you are still judging the children. You call them promiscuous wretches for exaple. That requires judgement on your part.

Either be the religion that does not judge or be the religion that judges. You can't have it both ways.

Wow. You are #sobrave, standing up to a bigot like me.

These youth are degenerates, and their parents are failures - no way around it. If I were to judge, I would decree some kind of divine punishment for them, like saying that they are certainly going to hell. I'm not doing that - I'm instead recognising the truth of their behaviour, and admonishing it; stating that it is unacceptable. As is typical, the non-Christian understanding of 'do not judge' has completely missed the mark. Again, do not lecture me on my own religion.

I'd say that I was sorry to indirectly offend you by having a go at your debauched cohort, but to be perfectly frank, I couldn't care less.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nah. Nothing so theatrical or grandiose. You aren't at a place where anyone needs to stand up to you. At least not here on the forum. I am just having open and honest comments during our debate.
These youth are degenerates, and their parents are failures - no way around it. If I were to judge, I would decree some kind of divine punishment for them, like saying that they are certainly going to hell. I'm not doing that - I'm instead recognising the truth of their behaviour, and admonishing it; stating that it is unacceptable. As is typical, the non-Christian understanding of 'do not judge' has completely missed the mark. Again, do not lecture me on my own religion.
I could say that christians are pedantic troglodytes with a woefull dissonance with reality. I could say that they are toxic and directly harmful to the world around them. I could say that they have the worst track record of any group bound by a belief system in the history of the world. Second perhaps only to the short lived soviets whom only lasted a few decades rather than mellinia. I could say that they are a stain on the western history.

But I wouldn't be judging would I? I didn't lay down any sort of punishment? I didn't specifically say that these spineless reprehensible pseudo-spiritual bourgeois ought to be killed at the stake for their crimes against humanity. So I have not judged anyone by your standards?

And for the mod's reading I am not stating this about christianity or its followers. I'm simply making a point.

Rational Agnostic

I'd say that I was sorry to indirectly offend you by having a go at your debauched cohort, but to be perfectly frank, I couldn't care less.

Actually, our generation (assuming the age on your profile is accurate we are roughly the same age) is generally less promiscuous than previous generations. Also I heard a report the other day stating that drug use among high school students is at its lowest rate since the early '90s. Btw, why are you referring to "these youth" as if they are a different generation than you, when you are only in your early 20s?

Stalwart

Actually, our generation (assuming the age on your profile is accurate we are roughly the same age) is generally less promiscuous than previous generations. Also I heard a report the other day stating that drug use among high school students is at its lowest rate since the early '90s. Btw, why are you referring to "these youth" as if they are a different generation than you, when you are only in your early 20s?

You're right, but you can't say that something is good just because it isn't as bad as something else. We are still utterly destitute.

I'm not referring to them as if they are part of a different group to myself. They are youth - I'm referring to them as such.