• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Silly Stories

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Tell us a story about something funny or amusing that happened to you any any point in your life.

I was at school with my friend and we had just left the lunch-hall. We were standing just a way outside of it, talking about forks, when a boy came past us and said,
'Cake? Where?'
My friend looked at me puzzled, but naturally I responded,
'In the canteen. Quick, hurry!'
And a stampede of kids ran to the lunch-hall.
But there was no cake.
So my friend and I ran as far as we could from the situation before they came back.

:shortcake:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Did you want funny stories or instances where you set yourself up for a beat down?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In middle school I get a note from a girl, but I mistook her name and thought it was from a different girl. So I started calling the other girl by that wrong name, but she liked it. We almost started dating, but I was too focused on God to let myself get distracted. My mission was very important, and I still had so much to accomplish. Besides that I was only seventeen years old and figured I was too young to be looking for a wife. Funny in hindsight.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Here ya go:

Elderly lady called me and said her equipment that was installed a few years back wasn't working. I asked her name, didn't ring a bell. I asked her address, still no clue. She said her son had it installed for her. I asked her son's name, and, yep, still in the dark. I told her that I wasn't sure I installed the unit. "Well, "she said. "Aren't you XYZ Company (one of my competitors)?"
No, I told her, "I'm ABC Company."
"Well," she huffed, "If you're not XYZ Company, why did you answer the phone?"
I had no answer for her.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This happened five years ago when my friend and I were in our last year of high school, in KSA. He had been planning to try hookah (also known as "shisha") with me at some point, so he bought one specifically for that day. After we went out--in secret, in his car--and tried it, he then remembered he had nowhere to keep it without being caught. "Crap... I didn't think this through. Where am I going to hide this now?" was what he said upon remembering that he had screwed up.

We decided to return it to the shop he got it from, even if they took it for free and didn't refund any of its cost. The goal was just to get rid of it so that it wouldn't cause him trouble later.

You see, some hookah shops in the capital of KSA are almost outside the city--right on the side of an intercity highway where cars and even trucks routinely reach speeds around 140-160 km/h. The one he bought it from was one of those, but the problem was that we had been on the way home and the shop was on the other side of the road. So he paused, pulled short, and looked at me silently knowing exactly that we had been thinking the same thing: to cross the highway on our feet to reach the shop.

There were also large concrete blocks dividing the opposite sections of the highway--no sidewalk. So in order to cross the road, we just ran like hell and jumped over the blocks in the middle as fast as we could before running like hell again to cross the other section of the road. We had to do this twice--once to go to the shop and once to go back to the car.

He ended up returning the hookah in the end, but we both agreed that we were a bit too dedicated to the idea, since crossing an intercity highway that doesn't even have a sidewalk in the middle was an insane thing to do just to avoid his getting into trouble later.

To this day we joke about how stupid we both were to do that. Then again, I also occasionally point out to him how dedicated he can be even to his smallest goals by reminding him of that day. :p

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Campus dormitory story
my law school colleague invites me to her bedroom to drink beers with some friends of hers.
There were a couple of guys, one of them very cute.
I talked about university with my colleague, of a professor I hated, whose first name was Manlio.
Then I said to her in a very boorish Romanesque :"damn..his name's Manlio...what a sh*tty name.
The all four burst out laughing...the cute guy looked at me very angry saying "My name's Manlio"
I wanted to DIE...really

And the clouds opened up and God said "I hate you Luca"

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
During my first session with a psychiatrist, he said, "So, what's your problem?" I said, "I'm depressed." He asked why. I said, "I want to emigrate, and..."

Before I could finish the sentence, he said, "Ha! That's the same problem half this country is suffering from." I couldn't help but crack up and nod in agreement. :D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
so history is not one of my strong points .....

going to catholic high school and learning history.....taught by a nun

got caught by a surprise quiz
so I wrote whatever

later the test results were handed out and she made a point of it to say so.....

Yes....you got an F
you write very well.....you must be doing well in English
but you don't know a DAMN thing about history

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
That reminds me...

I was a really good history student; I always recieved the best marks and I recieved a B grade in my Cold War exam. Still, the next and final year, the teacher decided that he believed we could do better and pull our grades up with a resit. I was irritated as hell with this, tried to opt out, couldn't, and instead decided to skip the exam. Turns out I couldn't do that either without incurring a £35 fine on my mother. So, having done no revision at all and it having been a year since I studied this and last sat the exam, I went into it unfazed, knowing that they always kept your higher score anyway.

One of the questions was,

'What did Imre Nagy do after the Soviet troops withdrew from Hungary?'

I started writing a bit until I realised I was just babbling stuff about which I had no clue. So then I wrote,

'I actually have no idea what Imre Nagy did after the Soviet troops withdrew from Hungary.'

I got an A*.

(Basically, since everyone had done so poorly on the exam countrywide, all the grade boundaries had been pushed so far down that it became easy to achieve a high grade).

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
'I actually have no idea what Imre Nagy did after the Soviet troops withdrew from Hungary.'
really?
If I had written something like that in a history test my history teacher would have thrown me down the stairs and then said I committed suicide.
I am not exaggerating...she was sadistic:D

BSM1

What? Me worry?
really?
If I had written something like that in a history test my history teacher would have thrown me down the stairs and then said I committed suicide.

I remember an eighth grade history test with the question, "Why was the French and Indian War fought in North America?" Having absolutely no clue, the best answer I could come up with was "...because there were no Indians in France...".

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think it was the time I was in Little League, and In the Heat of the Moment recklessly ran out into the outfield at the ire of my teammates screaming what the hell are you doing? Frustrated while running back and forth I yelled back, "I can't find second base"!!

I had the whole entire place down on their knees and in tears from roaring of laughter.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
really?
The teacher never saw our answers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I worked for GM Truck & Bus, our department was in
an office building in downtown Pontiac (6th floor as I recall).
On the first floor was an IRS office. I found an IRS form which
mocked high taxes, & made some copies (courtesy of GM).
Then I put them in with the real forms in the IRS office.
th

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I think it was the time I was in Little League, and In the Heat of the Moment recklessly ran out into the outfield at the ire of my teammates screaming what the hell are you doing? Frustrated while running back and forth I yelled back, "I can't find second base"!!

I had the whole entire place down on their knees and in tears from roaring of laughter.

Having coached Little League for a few years, I can just picture this...

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The teacher never saw our answers.

lol...
btw that teacher was a sick woman : she used to repeat us every day "I would like to beat you all...it's just I don't want to end up in jail".
She broke her desk too in a moment of rage

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Trigger Warning:

I'm such a nut, over so many years, that I literally don't know where to begin. LOL.
Once I became comfortable looking foolish in front of others things get even more bizarre.
One of the key things I learned from my dad is, "Never overlook the opportunity for a good sight gag!"

For example. when I first got the my island paradise, I had to get used to my mom's daily routines. She was very rigid on her schedules! (You could likely have set a clock by her. :D ) Anywho, one Saturday morning I came into the house just before 7:30 am and was instantly asked, "Aren't you bringing any laundry to be washed?" (I was not used to anyone offering to wash my laundry for MANY years.) Finally, after a few weeks, I got the hang of it and would show up on the proper morning with laundry in tow.

One morning, I was stripping my bed and got an image in my brain, began laughing and started to recreate the image in my brain in real time. One piece at a time, I wound all the bedding around my head, till it was quite wide (2 - 3 feet) in the huge turban like shape. Killing myself laughing, I put on some shorts, grabbed my dad's old wooden cane he had used and then slowly began walking to the house, like a very old man. Got the the back door and yanked on the cord on the woodpecker door knocker and stood there. Mom and my eldest sister (not the nutty one) both erupted in laughter when they opened the door as I repeated in a quasi-Pakistani, voice said, "Alms for the poor. Alms for the poor."

And yes, they got pictures.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Trigger Warning:

I'm such a nut, over so many years, that I literally don't know where to begin. LOL.
Once I became comfortable looking foolish in front of others things get even more bizarre.
One of the key things I learned from my dad is, "Never overlook the opportunity for a good sight gag!"

For example. when I first got the my island paradise, I had to get used to my mom's daily routines. She was very rigid on her schedules! (You could likely have set a clock by her. :D ) Anywho, one Saturday morning I came into the house just before 7:30 am and was instantly asked, "Aren't you bringing any laundry to be washed?" (I was not used to anyone offering to wash my laundry for MANY years.) Finally, after a few weeks, I got the hang of it and would show up on the proper morning with laundry in tow.

One morning, I was stripping my bed and got an image in my brain, began laughing and started to recreate the image in my brain in real time. One piece at a time, I wound all the bedding around my head, till it was quite wide (2 - 3 feet) in the huge turban like shape. Killing myself laughing, I put on some shorts, grabbed my dad's old wooden cane he had used and then slowly began walking to the house, like a very old man. Got the the back door and yanked on the cord on the woodpecker door knocker and stood there. Mom and my eldest sister (not the nutty one) both erupted in laughter when they opened the door as I repeated in a quasi-Pakistani, voice said, "Alms for the poor. Alms for the poor."

And yes, they got pictures.

I use to tell my boys that if you find yourself naked in front of the world, give them a good show...