• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Signs of the Times - What’s happening to our world?

Spartan

Happened in this order, from what I have found.

3, 1 and 2

3 was done by the 1800's, that was popular Christian acceptance.

1 then happened as the Anti Christ arose after the Gate opened the Way for the 'Glory of God'

Then The Temple was built as the 'Glory of God', the Father.

This is advice from God on that Temple

"Thus have We built the Temple with the hands of power and might, could ye but know it. This is the Temple promised unto you in the Book. Draw ye nigh unto it. This is that which profiteth you, could ye but comprehend it. Be fair, O peoples of the earth! Which is preferable, this, or a temple which is built of clay? Set your faces towards it. Thus have ye been commanded by God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Follow ye His bidding, and praise ye God, your Lord, for that which He hath bestowed upon you. He, verily, is the Truth. No God is there but He. He revealeth what He pleaseth, through His words “Be and it is”.

Regards Tony

The Temple wasn't built. There's no evidence of that on the Temple Mount.

# 3 wasn't done either. There's tons of cultures who haven't received the Good News.

And #1 wasn't fulfilled either. Your candidate didn't do the things prophesied.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

# 3 wasn't done either. There's tons of cultures who haven't received the Good News.

All depends on ones frame of reference as It is just as easy for the Jews to say that Christ also did not fulfill the expectations.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
This seems to be a favourite reflection for you, so I guess it is just to ask, as you were also there in the 60's and 70's.

Would that not also reflect your path in life, what have you done? If you are ever going to do something, is now the time? You obviously chose not to continue to help then, so will you help now?

Regards Tony
Tony, Baha'is say they have the truth needed for today. Right now, the door is wide open again. The whole world is at its knees because of a microscopic virus. Fix it. You have the solution. You have the message from the "Divine Physician" to cure the ailment. Fix it. What are Baha'is going to do right now? Not that I'm doing a great job, but I see it over and over again that most Baha'is push their dogmatic view of "their" truth. How's is that bringing people together? How many people have been turned off by Baha'is not listening to them, but instead telling them how to interpret their own Scriptures? Tony, it's not working.

As I recall, Abdul Baha said something about if a person has a bunch of bad faults and only one good one, to disregard the bad ones and focus on the one good one. I think that goes for what a Baha'i would consider bad doctrines and beliefs. You don't agree with things that Hindus believe, or a Sikh, or a Jew... then what do you agree on? And I don't mean "Oh, well we all believe in God." No, wrong answer. Because you are defining God very different than they are.

Maybe start with, "Hey, we're all human and we're all stuck on this planet together. Let's work together to bring peace and harmony.? But, you can't do that. You have to bring in your beliefs into the mix, which to other people sounds like... "Hey, we Baha'is have the answers. Your religion doesn't. Listen to us." No matter what you think you are saying... No matter how nice you think you are saying it... That's what it sounds like.

And Tony, I consider that trying to help. I'm trying to help you be a better Baha'i. A Baha'i that others will respect and want to listen too, Instead of a Baha'i who comes off as a know-it-all who believes his religion is the only right one. And, sad to say, that's how you sound. You never lose an argument/debate or whatever you call what you are doing. Actually, I do know what you are doing. You are "sharing" the Baha'i Faith. You are "teaching" the Baha'i truth. But, you are not connecting. Show some Baha'i love. How do you do in your home town? You go have dinner with a Christian and start talking about the Baha'i Faith? You tell them to read some Baha'i books? Or, are you there trying to get to know them as people first?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

That's just the tip of the giant iceberg. Baha'is believe the beasts and dragons were the evil leaders that took over Islam. So all them have been and gone for hundreds of years. They believe all the prophecies that say 1260 days, or can be made to add up to that, are the 1260 lunar years of the Islamic calendar that foretold when "Christ" would return. The year was 1844, and the return was their prophet The Bab, the forerunner of Baha'u'llah. They believe the Three Woes in Revelation are Mohammad, The Bab and Baha'u'llah. The Two Witnesses they believe are Mohammad and Ali. Another important thing is that they believe it was Ishmael, not Issac, that Abraham took to be sacrificed. Oh, and I might as well mention that they don't believe Jesus resurrected or ascended physically. They give symbolic meanings to those and some other things, like Creation, the Flood. Oh, and there is no Satan, he's symbolic also. So hope that helps give you a clue of where they are coming from.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
We’ll all be working together as now to try and make it happen sooner and faster but things like prejudice won’t disappear overnight but with.a lot of effort and hard work from one and all.

Unfortunately many don’t like the idea of hard work to make the world anew and expect it all to fall into their laps, that God will descend and fix everything magically.
This ‘entitlement’ attitude is just so unrealistic and divorced from reality that I believe it’s what is the cause of delaying the betterment of our world.

So many don’t want to join with us in building the Kingdom of God because it involves hard work and goes against beliefs and views that Christ will do it all Himself. So the Kingdom of God takes much longer to build and is delayed because so many are stuck in ‘entitlement mode’ believing that without lifting a finger paradise will appear out of thin air. So workers are few.

That's not how it’s happening. Children need to be educated that all humanity are equal. Youth need to be taught virtues. Many generations must pass before we unlearn all these harmful sentiments such as prejudice and begin to reap the joy and benefits of a flourishing world civilisation based on oneness, Justice and equality

We live in an automated society where things happen instantly such as turning a light on or driving a car. But there is just no ‘instant new world’ formula. It’s all painstaking, hard work and people shirk from that as they want instant results with the least effort.

Look at Haifa, the beautiful Baha’i gardens. Do you know how much hard, very hard work goes into every tree and plant? It doesn’t happen magically but through pain and effort.

If people really sincerely want a new world then Baha’u’llah has brought a workable blueprint but it’s up to all of us to make it happen. Wishing for a new world or complaining that the current world is bad or corrupt won’t make it happen - only hard, very hard work.

So we Baha’is are busy building this new world but it’s taking forever and a day because of worker shortages. This world is for everyone but is everyone for this world?

Some want only a Christian or Muslim world. Never going to happen. It can’t be a world based on any one race, religion or nation only on our common humanity.
Sorry to have gotten side-tracked with my posts to Tony. Obviously, right now is a great time for anything that can help fix the world. But, are Baha'is actually going to do it? Or, is the world, slowly, going to start adopting things that the Baha'i Faith teaches? Like a more equitable economic system, a better form of governing, a universal language etc?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Revelation 3:17-18 Because you say, ‘I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing;’ and don’t know that you are the wretched one, miserable, poor, blind, and naked; (18) I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see.

In my opinion. :innocent:

dfnj

Revelation 3:17-18 Because you say, ‘I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing;’ and don’t know that you are the wretched one, miserable, poor, blind, and naked; (18) I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see.

I have no idea what this means.

wizanda

Premium Member
I have no idea what this means.
You claim you've got robes that say you survive the Great Tribulation, according to Revelation; it is only those the Lamb designates as having White Robes survive.

dfnj

You claim you've got robes that say you survive the Great Tribulation, according to Revelation; it is only those the Lamb designates as having White Robes survive.

No, what I said was every few years some nut case says it's the end of the World and it doesn't happen. Take the year 2000 for example. I had a friend who was huge prepper and really thought Jesus was going to come in his lifetime. When the year 2000 was just around the corner he urge me to start preparing for the end times. All the signs were present bla bla bla. Well, it didn't happen.

My friend died from sepsis in 2013 from complications after shoulder surgery at really bad hospital. Jesus never came in his lifetime. The end times never happened. He's now been long dead and gone for many years. Just like and me will be before the second coming of Jesus or the end times. You and I will be long dead and gone.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus won't return until

1. The Antichrist is revealed
2. The Third Jewish Temple is rebuilt
3. The Gospel is preached unto all the world

So your claim that Jesus has already returned is false.
According to my beliefs, Jesus has already returned in the Person of Baha'u'llah, and He fulfilled all the OT and NT prophecies for the return of Christ and the Messiah. Those prophecies and exactly how they were fulfilled are all delineated in this book:
William Sears, Thief in the Night

wizanda

Premium Member
He's now been long dead and gone for many years. Just like and me will be before the second coming of Jesus or the end times. You and I will be long dead and gone.
People can be resurrected at the end of this age, and those who do, will be infinite after.

We're not waiting for the 2nd coming, I've always been able to prove it since 4-5 years old as our name is in the world's religious texts as One; I personally just didn't have the evidence until two years ago to show it clearly, how my name is symbolically there in some of the more complex Hebrew contexts.

Now though even when I explain it, people take it all as a joke; so what is prophesied is after the Great Tribulation takes place (Luke 17:20-37), those who've always accepted Oneness will be resurrected (Isaiah 26:19).

In my opinion.
:innocent:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tony, Baha'is say they have the truth needed for today. Right now, the door is wide open again. The whole world is at its knees because of a microscopic virus. Fix it. You have the solution. You have the message from the "Divine Physician" to cure the ailment. Fix it. What are Baha'is going to do right now? Not that I'm doing a great job, but I see it over and over again that most Baha'is push their dogmatic view of "their" truth. How's is that bringing people together? How many people have been turned off by Baha'is not listening to them, but instead telling them how to interpret their own Scriptures? Tony, it's not working.

As I recall, Abdul Baha said something about if a person has a bunch of bad faults and only one good one, to disregard the bad ones and focus on the one good one. I think that goes for what a Baha'i would consider bad doctrines and beliefs. You don't agree with things that Hindus believe, or a Sikh, or a Jew... then what do you agree on? And I don't mean "Oh, well we all believe in God." No, wrong answer. Because you are defining God very different than they are.

Maybe start with, "Hey, we're all human and we're all stuck on this planet together. Let's work together to bring peace and harmony.? But, you can't do that. You have to bring in your beliefs into the mix, which to other people sounds like... "Hey, we Baha'is have the answers. Your religion doesn't. Listen to us." No matter what you think you are saying... No matter how nice you think you are saying it... That's what it sounds like.

And Tony, I consider that trying to help. I'm trying to help you be a better Baha'i. A Baha'i that others will respect and want to listen too, Instead of a Baha'i who comes off as a know-it-all who believes his religion is the only right one. And, sad to say, that's how you sound. You never lose an argument/debate or whatever you call what you are doing. Actually, I do know what you are doing. You are "sharing" the Baha'i Faith. You are "teaching" the Baha'i truth. But, you are not connecting. Show some Baha'i love. How do you do in your home town? You go have dinner with a Christian and start talking about the Baha'i Faith? You tell them to read some Baha'i books? Or, are you there trying to get to know them as people first?

CG, I am a black and white guy, I give black an white answers, that's me, always has been. That is how I see the world and to me why waste time and beat around the bush? I see an urgency, I pass on the urgency. I do not desire to be popular or liked in that process. I leave that up to others.

The world obviously needs these types of events before they start asking the bigger questions, one has to wonder why? One has to also wonder why people look after themselves only and actually raid supermarkets in panic, just in case they miss out and in the process they cause many to miss out.

"...Witness how the world is being afflicted with a fresh calamity every day. Its tribulation is continually deepening. From the moment the Súriy-i-Ra'ís (Tablet to Ra'ís) was revealed until the present day, neither hath the world been tranquillized, nor have the hearts of its peoples been at rest. At one time it hath been agitated by contentions and disputes, at another it hath been convulsed by wars, and fallen a victim to inveterate diseases. Its sickness is approaching the stage of utter hopelessness, inasmuch as the true Physician is debarred from administering the remedy, whilst unskilled practitioners are regarded with favor, and are accorded full freedom to act...." (Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh: XVI: 39-40; The World Order of Bahá'u'lláh: 194)

Why offer anything, but the remedy, maybe as you have said, when humanity is sick enough, they may grab the remedy, yes I am ready, how about you?

From what I see now, most Faiths are already starting to preach in their places of worship, the fundamental global view and teachings offered by Baha'u'llah, they themselves are becoming global, without knowing they are driven by the same source and that will change;

".....As these teachings are declared in churches, in mosques and in other places of worship, whether those of the followers of Buddha or of Confucius, in political circles or amongst materialists, all shall bear witness that these teachings bestow a fresh life upon mankind and constitute the immediate remedy for all the ills of social life. None can find fault with any of these teachings, nay rather, once declared they will all be acclaimed, and all will confess their vital necessity, exclaiming, "Verily, this is the truth and naught is there beside the truth but manifest error...." (Tablet to Dr. Forel, published in Star of the West: XIV: 4, pp. 101-109, 124; Bahá'í World Faith: 348)

So how are these teachings becoming common thought? I see the Word of God sticks to hearts that are ready to embrace that Truth, it may be years before they attribute it to a source, they may never attribute it to a source, or they may embrace it immediately, as some have.

That is the irony, if they go to their houses of worship, a lot of these principles are now mainstream sermons, but they are still seeing them as exclusive to their belief and thus see the Baha'i are not part of the same process. I know this as I go to church and they pray as I pray but can not let go of a name Jesus, or Muhammad, or Krishna, or Zoroaster and see Christ is in all the world. That is their issue to address.

All the best, regards Tony

dfnj

People can be resurrected at the end of this age, and those who do, will be infinite after.

We're not waiting for the 2nd coming, I've always been able to prove it since 4-5 years old as our name is in the world's religious texts as One; I personally just didn't have the evidence until two years ago to show it clearly, how my name is symbolically there in some of the more complex Hebrew contexts.

Now though even when I explain it, people take it all as a joke; so what is prophesied is after the Great Tribulation takes place (Luke 17:20-37), those who've always accepted Oneness will be resurrected (Isaiah 26:19).

I just don't believe the Jewish people were special enough for God to talk to them directly. It's not the I am irreverent to your beliefs. I do respect your way of thinking. It's just that it is not for me for a number of reasons.

My problem with the Bible is it seems to me to be written by men of a particular historical context. I think the text is specific to the history of the Jewish people. Things like the "Great Tribulation" may be historical references or predictions of local history.

I have a strong background in mathematics and physics. The concept of God is mostly a concept for me rooted in modern science. I'm an avid follower of Rupert Sheldrakes ways of thinking about God. God is not a thing like a person. God is more like a presence permeating existence but also transcending it. I tend to agree with the many-Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics and its consequential spiritual implications.

Here is one of Sheldrake's videos. This comes very close to representing the way I think about God:

I do not believe any of us actually dies. This is because I do not believe we are actually alive. Our sense of "I" is a delusion. We all suffer from ego delusion. For us to experience reality the way we do, that is, through consciousness requires a connection to God's consciousness. So when our physical body dies we travel back through this connection and our soul immediately returns back to God which is our source. Because of this connection our experiences are God's experiences. The problem is this communication path is not always clean or clear. Nobody has a perfect connection path back to the source of our consciousness. These imperfections combined with our life experiences can result in bad behavior. But this connection can be a great source of spiritual satisfaction if the quality of our path allows to experience slivers of the total perfection and goodness that is God Each of is capable of having profound experiences of closeness to God that fills us with a great sense of enthusiasm. I am sure based on how deeply you have thought about your scriptures you have had these experiences. As I said I am not disrespecting your way of thinking. It's just that my path back to the source is different than your path.

When you talk of ages for me time is just another form of delusion. It's not that I don't think time happens. It's more that I think time cannot be divided into arbitrary units. Time is all happening at once from a higher perspective. For example, if a tree falls down in the forest and one is around to hear it the forest doesn't exist. We are the Universe's way of experiencing itself. Until a Universe has conscious observers time does not exist. And even further, before you have the written word of God, reality is without form. The word of God gives form and meaning to the Universe. The word of God probably took solid shape around 6000 years ago. But all words about reality and ourselves are a form of delusion. Our true nature is a deep connection to a spiritual reality beyond time and existence which evidence comes in slivers and hints of God's total completeness and perfection. This is what Sheldrake means God experiences and when he says we are all drawn to God.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For example, if a tree falls down in the forest and one is around to hear it the forest doesn't exist. We are the Universe's way of experiencing itself. Until a Universe has conscious observers time does not exist.

I see that If tomorrow we all become death and blind, we would still be in creation, even though we could not see it or hear it.

So now you also have to take out touch and smell, as the vibration that makes the noise of a tree falling can be felt and the crussheing of leaves and limbs and dust raised can be smelt.

You may enjoy this;

7 Steps to a Higher
Consciousness

Regards Tony

wizanda

Premium Member
I just don't believe the Jewish people were special enough for God to talk to them directly.
You're contradicting yourself, you've stated that you believe Source connects to all of us, and then not to the Jews specifically...

I get the Rabbinic Jews claim exclusivity, and you're going opposite to that; yet they were divorced (Zechariah 11) for being such know it alls, to pay 30 pieces of silver for their Messiah, and then not notice the texts says this.
Here is one of Sheldrake's videos.
Thank you I like Rupert, and will often quote him to people on Morphic Resonance principles.
Things like the "Great Tribulation" may be historical references or predictions of local history.
The Great Tribulation is recorded in many of the world's religions (Ragnarök, Frashokereti, Armageddon, etc), and the Source of reality told me before I was old enough to remember it will happen in my lifetime.
I am sure based on how deeply you have thought about your scriptures you have had these experiences. As I said I am not disrespecting your way of thinking. It's just that my path back to the source is different than your path.
As an archangel who has studied many of the world's religions, I don't have a religious belief; I've got first hand experience, and accept everyone has different ideas...

I wouldn't assume to say anyone could understand my theological understanding, unless someone was an archangel too, with similar knowledge, and experiences.

Thus what you're explaining spiritually makes sense; we just shouldn't dismiss whole bodies of doctrine as illogical without study, as that isn't wise.

Spartan

All depends on ones frame of reference as It is just as easy for the Jews to say that Christ also did not fulfill the expectations.

Regards Tony

The Jews who say that are apparently unaware that in a number of Messianic passages, the Messiah is killed and then "...war continues until the end" (Daniel 9). Also see Isaiah 53:6, etc. Those passages demand a 2nd Coming to fulfill the remaining prophecies.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
To avert panic, please consider:
There's nothing to fear but fear itself. One may identify it as Angst.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
These are "platitudes" that actually cause a catharsis in your brain.
That's an interesting thing... "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Viruses do kill. Sometimes they kill a lot of people. So, after a whole bunch of people die, it makes the ones left stronger? But the other thing going on here is God and his prophecies. People in any religion can say, "God said he would send disasters and plagues, because you didn't want to listen to him. Now you will pay the price." Great, nice guy. But if true, what are we supposed to do to get right with God? Do what the Christians say? Or the Muslims? Or, the new guys, the Baha'is?

For religions it's not necessarily what doesn't kill us makes us stronger... it's "Here's God trying to tell us something. You better listen and straighten up or else more stuff is on its way." Problem is... Stuff keeps happening. Will God ever be appeased? Will God ever be happy? If that kind of God is real, there is no reason to believe he will ever be happy. People will never be perfect enough. God will always have an excuse to send something to kill some of us off.

Oh, and welcome. Hope you stay awhile. With your F****in post, I know this might be too "pure" or "spiritual" for you. But you know that a lot of that s#%t is fake. It's time to get real. You might be too real for some of them, though. Like when a rapper or comedian uses "bad" language and the "pure" ones turn their heads and plug their ears.... and miss the message.

And part of that message applies here, some of us think we're so spiritual and religious and pure that we are above those degenerate ones... those irreligious scum... those low-life #*%wipes. But the message is clear and very true... Most of us "religious" types are Holier-then-thou phonies. We're not any better. We are just trying to live in a fantasy world "spiritual" world we created. We want to go to nice Churches or spiritual meeting, then go home to our nice gated community and ignore those "others"... those "evil" doers. Those people on the other side of the fence talk with that kind of language. We don't. We're too Godly for that kind of #^&%.