• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we be grateful for safety standards?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Having worked in a warehouse and food processing plant, I'm definitely very grateful we have them.
In the Chrysler plants where I grew up, those who got seriously hurt or killed by a machine very, very typically were not following safety standards (such as not following proper lockout-tagout procedures, which probably caused more problems than anything else).

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Can't imagine that the driver had a clue what was in front of him. :eek:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I find it a bit odd that there are so many people on the tracks and so many people just seeming to be there to watch, almost like a parade type atmosphere. Are we sure this wasn't some sort of event?

I find it hard to believe that this city is without sidewalks or streets.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I once worked for a company which designed & built box manufacturing machinery.
Visiting box plants, I noticed that many people were missing fingers. There were
many machines with guillotine-like features to feed flat boxes.

PureX

Veteran Member
Republicans hate safety rules. These rules keep getting in the way of their "God-given right to exploit everyone and everything for fun and profit". In republicanland, no one should ever, for any reason, tell a republican what they can or cannot do, what they can or cannot say to or about others, how to respect the environment that we all have to live in, or anything else. Republicanland is all about maximizing selfishness. It's about doing whatever you want in life and to hell with all those weak pussies that don't like it, or get hurt by it and cry about it. Republicnland is the land of the Darwinist bully-boys; where the stronger survive and thrive by exploiting and abusing the weaker, just as GOD intended.