• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Sharia Law be forbidden in Non-Muslim (Western) countries?

As above

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member

So I already got a chance to watch this. What do I make of it? Well, it's just not cricket, is it! ;)

Joking aside, it's not bad. As you say, it's hardly Dave Allen, but not bad. It certainly raised a few chuckles in our household. :) Might even watch another episode. Thanks!

Notanumber

A Free Man
So I already got a chance to watch this. What do I make of it? Well, it's just not cricket, is it! ;)

Joking aside, it's not bad. As you say, it's hardly Dave Allen, but not bad. It certainly raised a few chuckles in our household. :) Might even watch another episode. Thanks!

It is certainly not worthy of any death threats.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I'm not allowed to edit the original post so try this

All of a sudden I feel as though I've been missing out. To think the actor who plays the main character has been receiving death threats because he 'portrays Asians/Muslims in a negative light'. Because nothing says 'positivity' like threatening someone's life.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
All of a sudden I feel as though I've been missing out. To think the actor who plays the main character has been receiving death threats because he portrays Asians/Muslims in a negative light. Because nothing says 'positivity' like threatening someone's life.
Is that even a negative light at all?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Agreed. Heck, I have seen worse "negative light" in many hearty, dearly-remembered meetings of friends.

Whoever feels troubled by such humor has significant problems of some kind.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Agreed. Heck, I have seen worse "negative light" in many hearty, dearly-remembered meetings of friends.

Whoever feels troubled by such humor has significant problems of some kind.

Some people definitely need to get out more, that's for sure!

Notanumber

A Free Man
Is this what the west wants?

Wild horses would not drag me to an Islamic country, so why are we allowing Islam to creep into our western countries?

I have always had the greatest respect for Samira Ahmed and have often wondered if she has an Islamic background, but you wouldn’t have known because she does not flaunt it. Maybe, if she had worn the scarf she wouldn’t have lost her job as a senior news presenter on Channel 4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hmed-quits-bosses-say-Your-hairs-scruffy.html

She presents this documentary very well, but there are many situations where she has had to cover up

Islamic women are serving a life sentence, but some don’t realise it.

How can Islamic leaders justify FGM?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/0...-will-hurt-women-says-honor-diaries-team.html

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
This is man's choice. Freedom of choosing good or bad.
God isn't supposed to stop every bad and evil things if he is supposed to do so he shouldn't have created this world with free choice
Instead he will punish or reward in hereafter

May I make a small suggestion to the Almighty? Please God, next time, could You put a chador, or even a burka, on the tree of knowledge, too? You know, just in case someone might think Your future punishement is bollocks and eat that very tempting and sinful visible apple.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
I know it is not Dave Allen, but was it offensive?

If Dave Allen was still alive, would Islam be a taboo topic for him or would it be the death threats that would deter him?

It shows that a victim mentality can be dangerous.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Taken from this download

http://www.qsociety.org.au/Sharia_Law_for_Non_Muslim.pdf

This book uses a fact-based approach to knowledge based upon analytic or critical thought.

When you finish reading, you will know what Sharia law is. More importantly, you will know what the basis of Sharia.

You will understand how Sharia “works” and why it cannot change. For

the first time, you will understand Islam. It will all make sense.

SHARIA IN AMERICA TODAY

Here are current and historical events in America that are driven by Sharia law:

On September 11, 2001 jihadists attacked and destroyed the World Trade Center in new York.

This atrocity was in compliance to the doctrine of jihad found in the Sharia law.

The attack was a political action motivated by a religious mandate for endless jihad.

Textbooks in America must be approved by Islamic councils.

This is in accordance with Sharia law.

American employers and schools are met with demands for time and space to do Islamic prayer.

These demands are based on Sharia law.

The American banking system is becoming Islamicized with Sharia financing.

Our banking system is becoming Sharia compliant in financial law, but is ignorant about the totality of Sharia law.

Universities are asked to provide sexually segregated swimming pools and other athletic facilities for Muslim women.

Hospitals are being sued for not providing Sharia compliant treatment.

No course at the college level uses critical thinking regarding the history and doctrine of Islam.

Under Sharia nothing about Islam may be criticized.

Muslim charities give money to jihadists (Islamic terrorists), as per Sharia law.

Muslim foot-baths are being installed in airport facilities, paid for by American tax dollars.

This is in accordance with Sharia law.

American prisons are a stronghold of Islamic proselytizing.

Workplaces are being made Islamic worship sites through special rooms and time off to pray.

This is in accordance to Sharia law.

Islamic refugees bring all of their wives for welfare and medical treatment to America.

American authorities will not act—even when presented with evidence.

Polygamy is pure Sharia.

We are fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to implement constitutions whose first article is the supremacy of Sharia law.

Why do we need to know Sharia?

Islamic scholars claim: Islamic law is perfect, universal and eternal.

The laws of the united states are temporary, limited and will pass away.

It is the duty of every Muslim to obey the laws of Allah, the Sharia.

US laws are man-made; while Sharia law is sacred and comes from the only legitimate god, Allah.

Sharia is based on the principles found in the Koran and other Islamic religious/political texts.

There are no common principles between American law and Sharia.

Under Sharia law:

There is no freedom of religion

There is no freedom of speech

There is no freedom of thought

There is no freedom of artistic expression

There is no freedom of the press

There is no equality of peoples—a non-Muslim, a Kafir, is never equal to a Muslim

There is no equal protection under Sharia for different classes of people.

Justice is dualistic, with one set of laws for Muslim males and different laws for women and non-Muslims.

There are no equal rights for women

Women can be beaten

A non-Muslim cannot bear arms

There is no democracy, since democracy means that a non-Muslim is equal to a Muslim

Our Constitution is a man-made document of ignorance, jahiliyah, that must submit to Sharia

Non-Muslims are dhimmis, third-class citizens

All governments must be ruled by Sharia law

Unlike common law, Sharia is not interpretive, nor can it be changed

There is no Golden Rule

Does any of this seem familiar in the USA?

love

tri-polar optimist
I don't think the USA needs many more laws. We already have the largest per capita incarceration in the world.We lock the offenders in shackles and store them in cages mostly forgotten by the rest of the population. We still kill people for crimes deemed appropriate.
I don't think laws and punishment have a lot of effect on greed, lust and stupid, but I think we should all have an equal chance to screw up.

Sakeenah

Is this what the west wants?

Wild horses would not drag me to an Islamic country, so why are we allowing Islam to creep into our western countries?

I have always had the greatest respect for Samira Ahmed and have often wondered if she has an Islamic background, but you wouldn’t have known because she does not flaunt it. Maybe, if she had worn the scarf she wouldn’t have lost her job as a senior news presenter on Channel 4

Channel 4 presenter Samira Ahmed quits after bosses say: Your hair's scruffy | Daily Mail Online

She presents this documentary very well, but there are many situations where she has had to cover up

Islamic women are serving a life sentence, but some don’t realise it.

How can Islamic leaders justify FGM?

Muslim backlash against film will hurt women, says 'Honor Diaries' team

Foxnews..:rolleyes:
We are not serving a life sentence majority of us are more than happy with Islam.

FGM is practiced in 27 African countries a lot of those countries aren't muslim countries. If you look at the method of FGM that is done in those countries you'll know it has nothing to do with Islam but that it's an ancient practice.

Here is some information on the origins:

The practice's origins are unknown, but its east-west, north-south distribution in Africa meets in Sudan. Gerry Mackie has suggested that infibulation began there with the Meroite civilization (c. 800 BCE — c. 350 CE), before the rise of Islam, to increase confidence in paternity.[151] According to historian Mary Knight, Spell 1117 (c. 1991–1786 BCE) of the Ancient Egyptian Coffin Texts may refer in hieroglyphs to an uncircumcised girl

The Greek geographer Strabo (c. 64 BCE – c. 23 CE) wrote about FGM after visiting Egypt around 25 BCE (right).https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation#cite_note-177[v]The philosopher Philo of Alexandria (c. 20 BCE – 50 CE) also made reference to it: "the Egyptians by the custom of their country circumcise the marriageable youth and maid in the fourteenth (year) of their age.

This is one of the customs most zealously pursued by them [the Egyptians]: to raise every child that is born and to circumcise [peritemnein] the males and excise [ektemnein] the females ...

Strabo, Geographica, c. 25 BCE.[154]

Notanumber

A Free Man
Foxnews..:rolleyes:
We are not serving a life sentence majority of us are more than happy with Islam.

FGM is practiced in 27 African countries a lot of those countries aren't muslim countries. If you look at the method of FGM that is done in those countries you'll know it has nothing to do with Islam but that it's an ancient practice.

Here is some information on the origins:

The practice's origins are unknown, but its east-west, north-south distribution in Africa meets in Sudan. Gerry Mackie has suggested that infibulation began there with the Meroite civilization (c. 800 BCE — c. 350 CE), before the rise of Islam, to increase confidence in paternity.[151] According to historian Mary Knight, Spell 1117 (c. 1991–1786 BCE) of the Ancient Egyptian Coffin Texts may refer in hieroglyphs to an uncircumcised girl

The Greek geographer Strabo (c. 64 BCE – c. 23 CE) wrote about FGM after visiting Egypt around 25 BCE (right).[v]The philosopher Philo of Alexandria (c. 20 BCE – 50 CE) also made reference to it: "the Egyptians by the custom of their country circumcise the marriageable youth and maid in the fourteenth (year) of their age.

This is one of the customs most zealously pursued by them [the Egyptians]: to raise every child that is born and to circumcise [peritemnein] the males and excise [ektemnein] the females ...

Strabo, Geographica, c. 25 BCE.[154]

Does all that make it right?

Sakeenah

Does all that make it right?

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. You are trying to make a connection between FGM and Islam to support your claim that muslim women are abused and serving a life sentence.
And I'm trying to explain to you that FGM is an ancient cultural practice so you can't use this to support ridiculous claims.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What makes it spread, however, is when people constantly attack it, sounding like deranged madmen when they do it, making people curious about it. It also makes people sympathetic towards them when you go on about how they're all lying to us and all wanting us dead and wanting to take over the world, because most people have met Muslims before, and a good number of people have regular and daily interactions with them. There is a good deal of stuff in the Quran to criticise, but Muslims themselves, especially if you're a Westerner interacting with a Western Muslim, are no different than anyone else. But even those from the Middle East are often enough very polite and respectful of our ways.