• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Mormons Be Considered A Cult

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
the first step to what? do you consider anyone who believes differently to be in a "cult"? i find that the use of terms like "cult" often say more about the one applying the term than the group he or she is describing.

I was joking. I do think the reason that LDS is consider less of a 'cult' is its connected to the belief in Jesus Christ and its establishment in America for a extended length of time. I view all religions doctrine to be very subjective and thus not provable. Cults a nasty word implying idiocy thus I only imply it to true evils such as Islam and Catholicism. As you know you are free to believe in whatever you choose as long as your not a d*. As well as believing certain words reflect on people in certain ways. However I am also free to believe your beliefs are crazy as long as I'm not a d* about it. While I have the book of Mormon I have only read little so I cant really condemn it except to say I don't agree with its logic of following Christ.